cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account locked for 12 months?

buildingbid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been told my account will be locked for 12 months since there was a retracted payment.

I have purchased a voucher as instructed, but because my account is locked I can't login to use the voucher.

I've been told even if I submit the voucher and pay whats overdue the acccount will remain locked for 12 months.

Does that mean I cant call or text for 12 months regardless of paying any dues? Im so confused how that could be the case. Does anyone working for public mobile care to answer? 

45 REPLIES 45

For sure @hTideGnow 

Some users don't realize that a chargeback basically leaves prepaid providers not wanting anything to do you with - and for GOOD REASON.

Not knowing the details of this OP's concern and history, it really does seem that Public Mobile is not designed for this customer's expectations and needs.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

Maybe one of Oracles can advise what to do but to my best knowledge:

Chargeback (reverse payment by the Bank) leads to immediate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self-serve log-in privileges suspended.

I wonder can OP port his/her phone number to other provider if OP's account is locked down because OP wrote OP want to port to other provider in the other post.

Hi @HALIMACS , not sure how many payments,  bit one chargeback action could cause that. 

Some ppl overpaid the account, the   rather than ask for refund, they are "smart" enough to do this and cause the trouble after

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There we go, @buildingbid , finally some details.

So, can you elaborate why the payments were retracted?  And are we talking several payments charged back, or just one?

Hi @JK8 because PM is prepaid

Bad people can use this trick to chargeback on the last day of the month, meaning they got a full month of free service. 

PM is  not postpaid, they cannot send your name ro credit agencies to ask the money.  They cannot put your name up to lower your credit score.   So, they impose this for 12 months as a probation.   Honest it makes sense

Maybe one of Oracles can advise what to do but to my best knowledge:

Chargeback (reverse payment by the Bank) leads to immediate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self-serve log-in privileges suspended.

Hi @buildingbid some people got into this trouble because they saw a Koodo or Telus charge and thought it was a wrong charge and ask the CC to reverse it.  Truth is, it could be a PM charge just PM uses a different Telus brand for charging

@hTideGnow 

Isn’t that 12 month penalty excessive? Not able to access your account to change cc, plans, see usage, payments, etc.

buildingbid

It tells me to go to the website, which is locked out. catch 22 again. customer service wont help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @buildingbid did you make a chargeback on your credit card with a PM charge?  This usually happens after a chargeback was made

No, all it meant is you have no access to My account for 12 months.  You need to use open ticket with PM CS agent to load voucher to your account for renewal  (maybe you can use *611 to load, not sure with that)   Once PM Agent helped load the fund, you can use the account as normal for the cycle 

@JK8 OP got into this because of chargeback 

buildingbid

It says visit the website when i call 611, I have no access to use the voucher

buildingbid

What if I wanted to change my plan or access my account? Im just banned for 12 months even if im a paying customer? crazy....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@buildingbid   What happens when calling 611 to add the voucher? 

Otherwise message CS_Agent or submit a ticket via chatbot and they can add the voucher for you.  Here's couple of links if needed:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you asked your CC company/bank for chargeback due to some extra charges from PM then yes, your account is locked.

Most likely you will not be able to log in but you can still use services.

Call 611 and apply voucher that way.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@buildingbid 

I have been at PM a couple of years and I have never heard anything like that being locked for 12 months even with payment. Maybe one of the Oracles on here can give you more information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.