Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

rmtlynnsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have now contacted an agent

thank you everyone

My son lost his phone so I purchased another Sim to put in a new phone but after I log  into the public mobile, they want me to confirm it’s myself by sending a code to either a SMS to his lost phone or to his email -which He cannot remember his email password 

10 REPLIES 10

@rmtlynnsmith 

If he cannot remember his personal email account pw and cannot reset it contact an agent to change his account to another email address. See @hTideGnow  post on how to contact an agent.

rmtlynnsmith

We have tried. But because he can’t remember iCloud wants to send a code to the phone on his account and that phone number is not valid anymore 🤦‍♀️ 

rmtlynnsmith

He can not remember his email password

@hycm53 

I just meant how is the customer supposed to login to the website after resetting the password. typically, one needs to use incognito mode after the password reset. it's to prevent the customer from repeatedly trying to reset the password and saying it's not working

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hycm53 @hTideGnow @gpixel 

OP’s post maybe a bit confusing as it may not be explicit enough on which pw is forgotten. Their email pw vs the PM account email pw.

@gpixel wrote:

@hycm53 

finish the rest of the process. what's next after they've reset the password. how are they supposed to login?

When OP's son login his PM account, PM will give him 2 choices to choose for 2FA, one is for his email. After he reset his email password, he should receive 2FA code in his email, then he could use 2FA code to login his PM account. So he could change sim card in his PM account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rmtlynnsmith   you tried reset password?

if that does not work, then just open ticket with PM CS agent and they can reset the password for you

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@hycm53 

finish the rest of the process. what's next after they've reset the password. how are they supposed to login?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@rmtlynnsmith wrote:

My son lost his phone so I purchased another Sim to put in a new phone but logon public mobile, they want me to confirm it’s myself by sending SMS to his lost phone or an email which He cannot remember his email password 

On login page, click "Reset Password", then PM will send your son a link in his email. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rmtlynnsmith 

Is it possible for your son to reset his password on his email account?

Need Help? Let's chat.