cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account locked for 12 months?

buildingbid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been told my account will be locked for 12 months since there was a retracted payment.

I have purchased a voucher as instructed, but because my account is locked I can't login to use the voucher.

I've been told even if I submit the voucher and pay whats overdue the acccount will remain locked for 12 months.

Does that mean I cant call or text for 12 months regardless of paying any dues? Im so confused how that could be the case. Does anyone working for public mobile care to answer? 

45 REPLIES 45

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I mean that is fair @HALIMACS it just sucks. How can one escalate an issue like this? If we take what has been said at face value, this means an employee is interfering with a customer maliciously. And that should not happen. Again this is JUST taking things at face value and we do not see both sides etc. There should be a way where employee misconduct complaints can be lodged outside of this system

@brettster99 

I don’t think public mobile is trying to screw its customers over, I just think they are generally caught up in policy and processes and sometimes this causes one to overlook the impact to customers.

This is the issue, @softech.  

Public mobile does not offer customers much of an escalation process within their internal hierarchy.  

I agree it may not be a typical CCTS complaint, however, it’s hard to fault customers who take decisive actions against credit card charges, which appear fraudulent.

And when that gets treated by the service provider as it has (earlier this year) and maybe in this case, it’s horrendous and public mobile ought to know better.

I don't see a strong case of a  CC TS complaint here.  OP did a chargeback and PM follow the proper procedure.  

Yes, OP said he saw a Koodo charge and suspected that it was a wrong charge

PM said it seems someone trying to run away one month of service

It is true that PM and OP can work together for a solution, we don't see how the private messages between them, but so far I see  PM follows its usual procedure.  i am not sure if OP was too mad and not willing to work out a solution.

It should be escalated first before going through those opening complain route

I hope @J_PM  can step in.  Jade, this looks like an issue about Koodo name showing up on credit card.. but this is only according to what OP said.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS  If I know what you are getting at, then I Would say go right ahead. PM (Telus) has screwed us long enough that I would welcome any "escalation" of the issue to any senior managment / regulator. 

@buildingbid 

do you mind taking a few screenshots of the whole conversation with any personal info removed? both sides please

buildingbid

I totally understand, I wish there was a way to bypass him since its clear what he's doing.. darn

@buildingbid 

Well... what I would do will likely raise the ire of many long-standing community folks here, so I won't 'write' it.

Let's just say, an industry I once worked in tried really, really, hard to de-escalate matters that went before their regulators and senior executives.   They did not want the external exposure to reflect on their ability to manage their systems and customers.

Catch my drift?

buildingbid

I have logs saved yes, through direct private message

johnprince

That's unfortunate. This is where, through a chat? Do you have logs saved?

buildingbid

Hey everyone very scary issue I'm dealing with

I was in touch with a CS PM named Alex.

For hours now I'm trying to get my account reinstated but he has been doing some really weird things. ultimately I decided to make a new ticket and talk to someone else and he keeps closing my tickets with other agents as if to prevent me from escalating the issue.

He also gave me an ultimatum to either cash in my vouchers or to escalate, rather than cash the vouchers then escalate.

I almost had my issue resolved with another agent and he closed that conversation.

Surely this can't be allowed? I just want help from anyone other than him and he is preventing it. Im scared about how damaging this is to my business to be offline so long. What do I do when the only method of communication is being blocked by a malicious employee?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So HALIMACS uncovers the crux from your responses. If you had been more forthcoming with answers to the many questions posed then we might have got to the crux sooner.

He tagged the community manager so we'll see what comes of it. No you absolutely should not be penalized for THEIR system f up. Yes this is what happens when chargebacks are made. The company thinks the customer just got free services. Companies tend to frown upon that.

The technical operations of this place can be a joke. They fix one thing which affects another. They fix another thing which then breaks the first thing they fixed earlier.

@buildingbid wrote:

Yes since it showed up as koodo on my bill it was charged back.

HI @buildingbid , so there was a chargeback

there has been time that this charge from Koodo show up often.  People charged back and got into same problem.  But Community manager was informed and I think they are willing to restore the account.  So, reply CS agent and ask them nicely to restore it

Tell us how it ends

@buildingbid ok, Koodo shows up on your bill for a PM charge, you are in a good position for a fight. 

Reply them and ask them to escalate.  Tell them what happened, tell them the confusion and they might be able to help.  Again, ask them for escalation and try to settle it 

buildingbid

Yes since it showed up as koodo on my bill it was charged back.

I have been a loyal paying customer with on time payments for 3+ years, now im banned for 12 months due to a silly error that I'm literally attempting to resolve within the same day they notified me. it doesn't make sense to treat your clients like garbage over a small misunderstanding in my industry at least..

@buildingbid   look like you are into a chargeback situation.

can you confirm if you have requested a chargeback to PM's charge on your credit card?

We can help further if you don't confirm that

buildingbid

611 tells me to login to the website LOL

@buildingbid wrote:

Yes I've posted it everywhere, and directly with pm agent. He doesn't want to help me it seems he thinks I should use the voucher myself. WHICH I CANT DO BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT IS LOCKED. sorry frustrated.

If you do not get any response from agent after sending new private message try to send a note to one of PM managers. You will find their IDs in 'Announcements' at the top of the page.

You should Not be able to pay bill at least by voucher with agents assistance.

@buildingbid 

Have a read through this article/thread from earlier this year.  It took PM awhile to seemingly grasp the importance of this wording oversight and how it would affect customer's perception of who and what they were paying for.  

(1) [Resolved] Statement Indicates Koodo - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@buildingbid wrote:

Yes I've posted it everywhere, and directly with pm agent. He doesn't want to help me it seems he thinks I should use the voucher myself. WHICH I CANT DO BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT IS LOCKED. sorry frustrated.

dial 611 on your phone then use voucher to pay.

@buildingbid   Send a new private message and don't respond to the earlier one if the agent isn't responding.  You'll get a new CS_Agent (most likely) with a new private message.

Here's the link again:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

buildingbid

@buildingbid   Have you tried sending a private message instead with the links already provided earlier?

buildingbid

Yeah. im flabbergasted.

buildingbid

They wont even respond to allow me to use the voucher, this is some sort of scam company I guess.

@buildingbid   Unfortunately, you'll need to contact support and they will apply the voucher for you and I believe you may need to purchase vouchers for the next few months or until PM decides otherwise.  You maybe able to work out the details of how long you need to do this once you are in contact with a CSA.

Now THAT is interesting @buildingbid 

If, if fact, the payment displayed as KOODO on your payment card, that's an older issue which @J_PM surely must be made aware of. (presuming they don't already know ...)

This was a huge problem for Public Mobile some months ago and led customers, very rightfully so, to doubt the transaction.   Some even disputed the charge with their credit card provider (heck, i would had i not knew the associated of TELUS-Koodo-Public Mobile)

By charging back those transactions, Public Mobile treated them as delinquent because they felt those customers were getting 'free' service by doing so.   In fact, the problem there lied squarely with Public Mobile for its backend/shared payment system issues, and NOT with the customers.

buildingbid

Very excessive considering ive been a paying customer paying on time for 3 years. this is the first and only transaction to be reversed because it came up as KOODO on my bill! Im willing to rectify it right away and they dont care...

buildingbid

Very excessive considering ive been a paying customer paying on time for 3 years. this is the first and only transaction to be reversed because it came up as KOODO on my bill! Im willing to rectify it right away and they dont care...

Need Help? Let's chat.