Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,597 REPLIES 5,597

Cat_Smith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile lost its way. Turning it self into generic low cost carrier with obscure points system.

Why there is only $15 bill credit available, not $10 or $5?

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On the bright side, now you can change provider at any time when they give any discount. I moved couple lines for now to Lucky and getting 50$ off for the first year (and 100$ on the other as both lines get), which will be equivalent to 5 years or more staying with PM.  This is business, and think about yourself. Also downgraded remaining lines that I have on PM and just waiting for CCTS complaints resolution. So, PM from me will be getting at least $80 per month less but probably even more. 

Chops888

8 year customer. Got the text message. I feel so let down by this brand.

@SarahMcG wrote:

Any bonus points for being on auto pay with this new rewards system? I'm not seeing anything about that.

@SarahMcG 

No autopay rewards ($2/month) on the points system. 

You will get 5% back on plan payment.  

Tbackes08

I have to agree with many other users that this change negatively impacted long-term customers. I was previously saving $6 per month (automaticly) and now am saving $2! This does not include the 10 points per year, but let's say $3 off per month, HALF of before and can only be redeemed after 15 points, manually. I am not impressed with this change and may no longer recommend PM every chance I get.

hi @funpig1 you now know 🙂

you can check why you were missed with support agent.  But check your email as well,  they tried to pass on the need to you via email as well

if you think you were missed, ask agent.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Never received any text about reward switch bonus.

SarahMcG

Any bonus points for being on auto pay with this new rewards system? I'm not seeing anything about that.

@RetiredGuy1 Yes, I have to agree the same .view was repeated many times since the beginning of this thread 

Gimli007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got this text message as well.  Funny they have time to stick it to me in a text message though they have yet to respond to my ccts complaint

They did however respond to ccts with an objection,  which was denied by ccts.

Still not a peep from public to me.  Nadda.

What a waste of time.  Once I have time this summer....I'm ripping away all my lines and the 9 referrals.    

Can't help but think that this was all done in purpose to eventually kill the brand.

@RetiredGuy1 unfortunately YES. The loyalty rewards are gone.   Rewards system changes with any businesses are never advantageous to customers

The only small loyalty bonus is the 10 Anniversary points. It is no doubt not as good as the old loyalty points 

TheKold

1000001544.png

  I just received this text, and at this point it just feels like they're giving the knife a twist. It just seems so happy.

I get it, it's their business, and we are only the customers.

We agreed to the TOS and they made a promise to us, which they went back on because again,TOS.

So fine I get it, but do you really have to be so cheery about it?

This whole process is to me a perfect example of 'Platform Decay'

It goes by another name, but I'm sure that's considered NSFW.

In any event, I think we are at the stage of appeasing the shareholders and I'm guessing in a few more years, when they can no longer make the investors happy, that will be the end of Public Mobile, well, it was an adequate ride, nothing lasts forever.

Jerrylai

Definitely, I need to pay $9 per month in this new reward system. I’m looking for another company’s product now.

RetiredGuy1

@gweilo Loyalty rewards are gone and have been replaced by 10 points awarded on your anniversary date each year. So, for example, a 5+ year subscriber loses $60 a year ($5 each month) they used to get on the old program and now only get $10 a year (10 points) on the new program

gweilo

So, you are saying the years of loyalty rewards that I have accumulated are gone and we are all starting from 0 with the new program?

SW

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gweilo    Your loss will be loyalty (max $5) and $2 autopay, so going forward you will be paying $7+tax more each payment cycle.  You'll earn 5% back in points for any new money added to your account and another 10 points ($10) annual loyalty points.  Most customers on legacy rewards will lose $50+ each year vs the Points rewards.

I'm guessing you have 3 referrals based on the $10 mentioned which you will continue to earn and, for now, will be of equal value of 1 point = $1, except they will now be awarded in points and you will have to manually redeem any points value once you accumulate 15 points from the Rewards portal.

Sundus

I really thought that Public Mobile was above forcing loyal clients into an undesirable “reward” system that only undercuts the consumer. Where I once had $9/month in accumulated rewards that I earned through years of loyalty and referrals I will keep almost none. The 240gb bonus does nothing for me as I can’t possibly use it within the 150 days allotted. I used to recommend public to my family and friends but if they don’t revert this change I will have no pleasant things to say about them anymore.

@gweilo with account migrated to Public Points, you will always be charged the full account at renewal.  Points will be added to your rewards account within 48 hours, 5% points and your friend referral points.  You can redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit whenever you have enough points.  I hope this addressed your question 

gweilo

Softect....its funny you did not address my first email concerning the increase of my monthly bill which would be $10+tax. My current bill shows an amount that does not include any point discounts, so please tell me what will my credit card be charged ?

An unhappy mistreated loyal customer.

SW

Randolph

Being forced to new program far as I am concerned was done in a **bleep**ty matter. way it is now my referals and loyality rewards feel a waste. instead of giving us a bunch of reward points equal to our past rewards you gave us some free extra data for a few months. i never use more than a gb a month so that special thanks you was worthless. being forced to new system we should also gotten options to choose from the deal offer to new activations only deals like $21/ month ($19 3month) 3gb 4g speed which far better than one we still have for many years. so far we got shafted in many ways

RetiredGuy1

@softech  Well, I’ll certainly agree that if some folks have been waiting for over 2 YEARS then, yeah, thats pretty slow. No doubt the frustration is compounded by the fact that the PM business model is based on self-service yet all the tools desired by users are not in place.

Sylvestor

As a senior on a limited income with 3 PM accounts (1 for me, spouse, and landline), we have an accumulated 10 YEARS OF LOYALTY and I am outraged with this announcement. Unfortunately with the significant loss of phone booths, we had to add for emergencies only, 2 mobile phones to our monthly expenses. And now doctor’s offices and FI’s also play a large part for the need of a mobile number. As a loyal PM customer, I have enjoyed paying a discounted rate and have worked very hard convincing friends and family for referrals as they too were convinced that the Telus backed PM was great value and they too solicited for their referrals. I worked so hard only to have the rug pulled from under my feet! So disappointing!

The $15 plan, with rewards, was perfect for us. The 2 mobile phones are rarely used and will have to reduce that expense by dropping one line or finding a lower overall cost by moving all 3 lines. The $2x3 auto pay loss plus the $4+$3+$3 loyalty loss along with the accelerated loss of referrals has begun. I am enraged and can’t stay due to the losses ….. another betrayal. An immediate rewards loss/cost of $16 plus a month, that’s equal to 1 $15 plan. 

My impression from the announcement  regarding the switch to new PM points was supposed to be better. But after reviewing, it is NOT. What happened to grandfathering vs taking a money grab?

Public Mobile, are you thinking that your steadfast position will blow over and once the dust settles that your ex legacy rewards customers will remain? I don’t think so, as a lot will stay but once they find an alternative option that suit their needs and pocket books, they will leave. In hindsight I just wish I paid a low cost per month and no gimmicky referral rewards to be enticed to. My personal challenge is get out of the addictive referral PYRAMID GAME immediately (meaning no more referrals from me) and reduce my costs to meet my needs elsewhere even if it means having 3 different mobile company arrangements. 

Your elimination of the loyalty rewards ALONE will cause a loss of LOYAL CUSTOMERS. 

saturna
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech wrote:

@saturna wrote:

It's clear that the 5 welcome points are just another bait and switch.

I "voluntarily" changed my account to points a week ago, after the last renewal with old rewards. Points balance: a big fat zero. 

@saturna 

did you actually login to the My Rewars portal? https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/

you have to login and check there once, (to accept the conditions), then you will see the 5 points within 48 hours

Really no need for insinuating that I'm stupid.

10 days in, properly logged into rewards portal in incognito mode, screen shot from today (and have still not redeemed anything):

Screenshot 2024-05-04 11.45.26.png

@RetiredGuy1 for subscribers in Public Points,  they were never able to see the list or number of referrals. The only way to know is to wait for rewards point deposit time.

Again PM is aware of the demands for this and it is in their to-do list. It is not a secret things move slowly here, so we will have to wait 

RetiredGuy1

@softech  Perhaps you could clarify. Is the issue of referrals not showing up directly related to the transition of Legacy to Points accounts only? If so, glitches are understandable. But, if this is something that has not been in place for some Points accounts that could be as old as 28 months now then thats something entirely different.

saturna

@softech wrote:

@saturna

Thanks, but no glasses needed for me. I see things clearly

As an Oracle, I have passed on the request to have referrals show up for Public Points subscribers as well like with the legacy rewards. PM has assured that it is on their to do list

Enjoy the corporate kool-aid! I'm sure having a consumer-friendly, properly and consistently working payment system is on that list too. And has been for at least a decade.

You know, I also keep a list. It doesn't mean that I have intentions to cross off every single item, some of them are conveniently sliding to the bottom as I add more valuable things to the top...

RetiredGuy1

@marcnoel  Yes, you, me, and countless thousands of others determined it was better to stay on the legacy rewards. That doesn’t change the fact that PM deemed our loyalty to be worth one point for every month we were with them up to the day before the announcement of the forced migration. Did the value of our loyalty change overnight? It shouldn’t have but PM obviously thought so with an insulting substitute of only 5 welcome points.

@saturna

Thanks, but no glasses needed for me. I see things clearly

As an Oracle, I have passed on the request to have referrals show up for Public Points subscribers as well like with the legacy rewards. PM has assured that it is on their to do list

saturna

@softech wrote:

@gweilo 

no worrie, you didn't lose nything 

Rewards portal will no longer show the referrals you have with Public Points, it is not you don't have any, just it is not showing

you will see how many referrals you got when PM deposit the referral points 48 hours after renewal.  It is a design flaw with nee Public points and rewards portal.  PM will address the issue with future updates 

It's amazing how rose tinted your glasses are. The points program has been active for more than 2 years. If they were serious about fixing it they would have done so by now. 

Not showing referral rewards is making sure that there is no easy way for the customer to keep track of active referrals, zero accountability and that they can just claim that "oh, so sorry, half of your friends must have left Public Mobile in the last month, we can't give you points if they don't have an active account!" Are you really going to spend your valuagle time to track all your referrals down to supply PM with a list of active PM accounts to prove that you deserve more RAF points?? This is intentional so that there's another avenue of not keeping promises.

@gweilo 

no worrie, you didn't lose nything 

Rewards portal will no longer show the referrals you have with Public Points, it is not you don't have any, just it is not showing

you will see how many referrals you got when PM deposit the referral points 48 hours after renewal.  It is a design flaw with nee Public points and rewards portal.  PM will address the issue with future updates 

Need Help? Let's chat.