Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,563 REPLIES 5,563

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joe77 - Yes, and the carriers are offering the bare minimum of service.

Max price for occasional use: $15

Minimum amount of data: 250MB

Minimum amount of calling minutes: 100 min

Unlimited SMS.

joe77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, on a $15 plan, aren't they mandated to offer at least 250mb of data?

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not heavy data user as evidenced by my $15 plan.  It looks like what some previous posters have said is becoming true; they're trying to "get rid of" the $15 subscribers.  

What's frustrating/annoying is this seemingly "throw it on the wall and see what sticks" approach.  I don't understand why management/marketing did not state the plan(s) upfront and not change everything piecemeal?  For example, PM had the 4gb $24 account available for new subscribers only during the transition period and then removing .  I have the deemed perception that PM management doesn't know what they're doing based on their illogical(?) moves the past weeks.

I am currently 100% invested in Telus communications and security - telephone, internet, security and television. I was sitting on the fence and leaning towards staying.  However with this most recent change to the $15 plan I may have to leave after I've used up all of my rewards/bonuses or sooner if PM decides to eliminate all rewards immediately.

Bottomshelf

The $21 90 day plan would work for my spouse but @EdN has stated not available for existing subscribers but @kb_mv stated you can talk to cs agent to get new plan.

She is currently on the $25 1gb plan paying $21.

Bottomshelf

Just to confirm the new $15 plan will have no 250mg data?  Death by a thousand cuts!!!

Do you think PM will grandfather existing rewards (international ld minutes, bonus data) into the new plan?

Thanks.

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your company. You deserved better than this. I will be porting my number as well. Telus doesn't respect our loyalty at all.

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Switch to freedom people. Its an alternative to the big 3. Telus doesn't respect you or your loyalty.

@hkjhkj wrote:

oh right i forgot. i guess that's part of your $15/mth job description. 

true, no need for me to reply to a shiller anymore. unelss something more interesting gonna come up.

hi @hkjhkj no worries, I am not talented enough to be hired for a job.  The rewards I got is a community Give-Back rewards.

You are welcome to join and help others too.  

@hkjhkj wrote:

no not the wrong name. and i ain't yelling at u. just trolling. i did not elicit your opinion-- you responded to me since u really have nothing better to do. You know you can elect not to respond to people right?

if you really wanna help, can you please ask your paymaster, the company you are shilling for, to give back my credit balance so that I can leave right away?

hi @hkjhkj for fairness, I elect to answer everyonr that I have the answer.  Of course,nyou can ignore my reply 🙂

RevCo17

Yelling would require caps. I'm just thankful that I'm leaving this bs behind. 

you are lucky @kb_mv 

I hope the person yelling at me will do the same 

@hkjhkj wrote:

hey shiller: i already said i don't want to waste my credit and thus can't leave now. understand now? take your $15 and leave me alone please

hi @hkjhkj 

you called the wrong name

Best in this community is we know different people and try to give help to everyone 

If you want to use up your credit, you can also buy new add-on or change to more expensive plan so you can use up the credit faster 

But yes, PM has a great rewards program and hence you earned lots and hard to use them up 

@RevCo17 wrote:

I'm sorry, did you need a hug? 

@RevCo17 I'm glad to see you are sorry, apology accepted and I truly appreciate the offer but I'm good thanks.

RevCo17

I'm sorry, did you need a hug? 

@RevCo17 wrote:

Yup, point being? 

@RevCo17 Life is too short to get upset with some stranger online over cell phone plans. To each his own I guess. Good luck where ever you land.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Name calling again, nice and productive. I guess it makes some feel better rather than ignoring users they don't like or agree with.

RevCo17

Yup, point being? 

@RevCo17 wrote:

hi @RevCo17 PM noe has a $25 plan for 20GB (90 days contract) , 4G speed, much better deal

Which part did you not understand that I no longer want to pay PM more? 

@RevCo17 You know you can elect not to respond to people right?

RevCo17

hi @RevCo17 PM noe has a $25 plan for 20GB (90 days contract) , 4G speed, much better deal

Which part did you not understand that I no longer want to pay PM more? 

@hkjhkj wrote:

you don't need to tell me what I already know. shiller who has nothing better to do.

hi @hkjhkj 

I am surprised with your comment.  I am not sure I know what you know.  🙂

@hkjhkj wrote:

So jealous of folks like you. I am getting locked up because I don't want to waste my current balance.

With the dramatic increase in monthly bills, poor CS (they don't respond to some of my tickets even, or keep asking me to verify, verify, verify even for generic questions that are not sensitive at all), and poor service (I am very frustrated by choppy calls; even worse, others are constantly experiencing dropped calls ), I am sooooo ready to get out of here. 

hi @hkjhkj best here is no contract, you are no tie to it but can move away anytime 

and if you happen to have the $25 plan, the new one is much better value 

hi @RevCo17 PM noe has a $25 plan for 20GB (90 days contract) , 4G speed, much better deal 

RevCo17

Well my 5 year anniversary is just about to happen right before May change over to the useless point system. Decided to talk to a local Mobile shop in a Presidential Choice store, will be porting in the next month to a 20$ plan which is basically the same as my current 25$ unlimited txt/voice with 1GB but instead of 3G to be on 4G. Rather give my money to a different company the PM.

PS PC Mobile runs on bell towers here in Sudbury so may as well go with that! So long and thanks for all the fish! 

capybara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After many years with PM, I bid farewell as I ported my number out. 

I hope PM/Telus will realize there is consequences to their greed, but we all know corporations thicker ego skin on their faces than customers. They certainly won't sleep any worse than us.  😉

Over the years, I've become completely emotionless and careless of corporations pleads when they have slightly bad quarter results. 

EdN

I don't see any pictures but i understand what you're saying.  Im ok with my current plan.  👍🏻

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

You would have to contact Public Mobile first and bring this up to them and if they refuse you then you can send a complaint to CCTS 

@EdN They allowed me to change plans when they made the same mistake a few months ago. Rather than look for reasons why this won't work, contact CS with the picture I posted and ask for the plan saying it clearly does not say for new activations only.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@EdN wrote:

Go to subscription > change subscription and the $21 3gb plan is not listed 

@EdN I'll try this one more time. Do not go in the app to change subscription. Send them (customer service) a message with the picture below asking to be put on the plan as it clearly does not state "for new activations only"

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.51.37 AM.png

EdN

You would have to contact Public Mobile first and bring this up to them and if they refuse you then you can send a complaint to CCTS 

EdN

Go to subscription > change subscription and the $21 3gb plan is not listed 

EdN

Yes, i did that (contact CS) for the $24 4gb 4G plan and was successful but I was moving up from the $15 plan and it is highly YMMV 

If anyone's thinking about asking for the $21 3gb plan, when you contact customer service provide them with your phone number, your name,  email address and your PIN

I'm not clear on how that would affect the 150 expiry day bonus so best to ask before you go ahead with that if it matters to you at all

Need Help? Let's chat.