Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,596 REPLIES 5,596

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David881 wrote:

How do I decline the update to the new reward points system. I never agreed to it. 

@David881 - You cannot. Public Mobile gave you a SMS telling you about the change. Public Mobile has a TOS that they can change anything like prices. / changing rewards systems but they will need to give 30 days notice (Which they somewhat followed with this community announcement and a little bit with the SMS they sent out)

David881
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I decline the update to the new reward points system. I never agreed to it. 

@El_Gato wrote:

Just checked my account (may2) and it still shows dollar rewards to be applied at next renewal. 

@El_Gato 

Public mobile is going to do the migration from legacy to points rewards by batches of customers.  Should be completed by third week of May.  

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@El_Gato wrote:

Just checked my account (may2) and it still shows dollar rewards to be applied at next renewal. 

I just tried to log onto the PM app (iOS) and got a pop-up telling me an app update was available. Downloaded it and saw my rewards now show 5 welcome points only (I have no referrals) so I’ve officially been “pointed”. I feel so dirty…

@RetiredGuy1 I just got the same update on android on one phone but not the other one. In any case, I have not been a pointed on either plan yet. On a side note the new update seems to have gone backwards in speed.

fillione
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow sorry, the correct answer was PM originally offered us 1 point per month of service. 

But thanks anyways.

PS: I understand what you're saying, and agree, but that wasn't the question.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@El_Gato wrote:

I just tried to log onto the PM app (iOS) and got a pop-up telling me an app update was available. Downloaded it and saw my rewards now show 5 welcome points only (I have no referrals) so I’ve officially been “pointed”. I feel so dirty…

RetiredGuy1

Thanks @Dunkman, I was just about to reply that as we’re all customers, nobody really knows “why” PM changed the $15 plan. One could speculate that it was a first step towards eliminating 3G plans altogether since the new $15 plan provides for data add-ons at 4G speed. The sunsetting of 3G networks will, in all likelihood, come sooner or later.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since 250 mb data is insignificant I think that one is better of with the new $15 that you can text and voice call as much as you want. For email and other data requiring apps WIFI is always available at most places.  

El_Gato

@888rjw wrote:

Why 250mb of data from one of the lines is taken off from $15 plan?

@888rjw 

No customer really knows exactly why.  

Public mobile recently revamped the lower cost plans.

For the $15 plan, removed the 250 mb data and added unlimited Canada calling.  

If you are on the old $15 plan, no need to worry since you will keep the 250 mb data.  Only new activations or plan switches going forward are affected.  

888rjw

Why 250mb of data from one of the lines is taken off from $15 plan?

unhappy_camper

I'm really surprised that PM is still worth it for the 6 lines you manage for your family, a lot of carriers offer family plans. If you go anywhere and tell them you're buying that many lines there's a lot of negotiating room you have.

Namu2

I just found out about this change to my rewards and I don't like it! This is not what I signed up for.

@saturna wrote:

It's clear that the 5 welcome points are just another bait and switch.

I "voluntarily" changed my account to points a week ago, after the last renewal with old rewards. Points balance: a big fat zero. 

@saturna 

did you actually login to the My Rewars portal? https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/

you have to login and check there once, (to accept the conditions), then you will see the 5 points within 48 hours

saturna

@Dunkman wrote:

@golfball wrote:

My account has already switched to points not long after midnight. My points balance is 0... guess we're not getting any loyalty bonus.

@golfball 

You should receive the welcome 5 points within 1-2 days of migration to points system.  It takes that amount of time for PM to complete the full conversion.   

It's clear that the 5 welcome points are just another bait and switch.

I "voluntarily" changed my account to points a week ago, after the last renewal with old rewards. Points balance: a big fat zero. No redemptions at all. Sent an inquiry about the welcome points to CSA, apparently my points balance is up-to-date since my May renewal hasn't happened yet. So they won't even give my 5 points that they are advertising in the pop up at account sign-in, and they refuse my polite request to switch me to $57 /9GB /90 days from the $15 plan...  I really think that by my next renewal date on May 23 my number will be elsewhere. Way to go, Public Mobile!

RetiredGuy1

@fillione You’re welcome. I think once the PM/Telus bean counters realized they had to go way beyond their fingers and toes to count up how many months some long-time subscribers have accumulated, they panicked and removed the 1-point for every month provision that was published just up to the day before the March 6th forced-migration announcement. Of course, you could look at it like you’ll eventually still get those 30 points for your 30 months. Unfortunately, it will now take 3 years @ 10 anniversary points per year. That’s the PM/Telus way!

fillione

@hTideGnow, not what I was asking, and I found it thanks to RetiredGuy1.

I was really just curious.

Thanks again, and you can stop looking 😉

Ed

fillione

@RetiredGuy1, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. So the usual 5 pts to start, and we had the extra point per month, which was about 30 for me.

We're almost breaking even if you think about it, and now I'm wondering if they already knew back then that this would be the case, lol!

Thanks again,

Ed

hi  @fillione 

HI @fillione 

or here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

it specified "Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice." , So PM has been doing more that required as they gave us 2 months advance notice

fillione

@hTideGnow, yes I know, I was just trying to find what the initial offer was, so I take it you do not have the information? 

Regards,

Ed

RetiredGuy1

@fillione wrote:

Hi all, does anyone still have a copy of what the intial offer in points was, if we accepted to switch two years ago?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/m-p/7...

HI@fillione 

remember PM does not really have a contract, if any, just a 30 days one since our plan are just 30 days prepaid one

Also, like all contest, you have accepted a terms before you participate, and one of the terms is PM reserved the rights to make change 

fillione

Hi all, does anyone still have a copy of what the intial offer in points was, if we accepted to switch two years ago?

George998

I would have thought you grow a business you (apparently) want to keep, by treating your existing customers fairly and then offering good value to new customers.  When I leave to go to one of your competitors you lose my monthly payment but your costs do not go down one cent.  What a bunch of corporate geniuses...

HI @RoadFlyer 

this is what showing as your account has not moved to Public Points yet.  Once you changed, the upcoming bill wil showing different thing, you will need to pay in full, but earn points after

RoadFlyer

My account just renewed today. It still shows Pre-Authorized Payment discount, and Loyalty discount for June 1. I'm sure that will change soon, but I'll take another month of the old loyalty program if I can.

RoadFlyer_0-1714569770546.png

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ValeryD1 - You will get:

• 1.70 points / month
  • 5 welcome points when you go into the dashboard as a one time welcome
  • 10 "Loyalty" points annual as a sort of thank you

You will get 35 points in the first year if you keep $34 plan, then after that 30 points in the other years.

You can manually redeem the points for a $15 bill credit & Add-ons.

@golfball wrote:

My account has already switched to points not long after midnight. My points balance is 0... guess we're not getting any loyalty bonus.

@golfball 

You should receive the welcome 5 points within 1-2 days of migration to points system.  It takes that amount of time for PM to complete the full conversion.   

golfball

CBella03

@

Both my husband and I did not opt in to the new points system when the change was initially optional. This is because the points system is not the same as my current discounts. We disagree with being forced to this change. Some of the differences are: 

Currently we roughly get (each) $12/year for anniversary switching we will only get 10 points/year which equates to $10/year. To note on the current system this reward continues to go up until the fifth year. Which also does not appear to be there with the new loyalty system. 
Currently we get $2/month for having pre-authorized payments set up. The equivalent of this type of reward with the new system I believe is 5% back for every dollar spent, which will equate to $1.10/month. 
We now have to wait for points and manually apply myself instead of having them automatically applied. 
For all of these reasons we do not agree to the switch and we are requesting to not be forced to change as it goes against the rules that prevent arbitrary price hikes as outline by the ccts. Please advise how we can not have this change happen. 

Need Help? Let's chat.