cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to Reinstate My Loyalty Discount

Arthur4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile Team,

I have been a loyal customer for over 4-5 years, partnering with your company for my cellphone services. Throughout this time, I’ve appreciated the service and reliability you provide, and I’ve also maintained my commitment to pre-authorized payments, which previously granted me a $6 discount on my monthly bill.

However, with the recent changes to your rewards program, I’ve seen my bill return to $15 a month, which is quite disappointing. As a loyal customer, I was under the impression that my commitment and continued patronage would be valued and rewarded. The removal of this benefit feels like a step backward in the relationship we’ve built over the years.

I am kindly requesting that you reinstate my previous discount, so I can go back to paying $9 per month. I value the services you offer, but this increase feels unfair, especially considering my long-standing loyalty.

I hope we can resolve this matter quickly and avoid the need for me to consider switching providers. I believe that with our history together, a fair solution can be reached, and I can continue as a satisfied customer.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxxx

4 REPLIES 4

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Arthur4 we feel your pain and as customers are also impacted by the points system change. You can try to contact a CS agent but they're not going to be able to reinstate the old system as it no longer exists.

Below is a summary of how the new points are being given. Once you have accumulated enough points you can redeem them towards a $15 bill credit or add-ons like extra data or long distance minutes.

• The $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes)
  • The monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. 
  • Refer-a-Friend will get you 1 point for each month that your referral stays with PM
  • Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Arthur4 

On the new Points Reward that PM forced all members to switch to. You need to collect 15 points for a $15 credit off your bill. It now takes longer to get credits off your bill.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Arthur4 
This is a community forum, we are not Public Mobile employees that being said please remove your personal information (email, name, phone number) from the message by clicking the arrow and then edit.

In May 2024, Public Mobile moved all loyalty questions ($$ instead of points) to Public Points. Unfortunately, you cannot be changed back. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.