cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Wonderful! Free GB will last me for months to come lol

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

Awesome!! Smiley Happy

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K  wow way to go,you just made a friend for life or at least till the 1 gig runs out Smiley Surprised

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Related image

Many thanks

The gesture alone is worth tons of appreciation and qualifying for it is not quite relevant. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote: 

What’s up for grabs:

• The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed

@Alan_K 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but there's something that needs clarification here.
According to the fine print under Terms and Conditions near the bottom of the Plans page, it says:

PMPlansAddOnDefaultDataSpeedFinePrint#7_20Aug2019.jpg

This seems at odds with your note in the announcement here which says "If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed."

Because of the T&C fine print point #7 which has existed in the Plans page ever since 3G plans were introduced in July 2017 and subsequently confirmed by former PM Community Manager Jeremy M., I had always understood that data add-ons for dataless plans would default to full LTE speed.

Therefore, please clarify:
1. Is this 1GB add-on gift actually set at 3G speed or full LTE speed for those whose plans don't include data?
2. For data add-ons purchased normally through self-serve for a dataless plan, are they still defaulted to full LTE speed?
3. If the answer to #2 is no, when did this change and how does it affect customers with a dataless plan who bought an add-on before the change?

I'm not sure how easy it is for PM to arbitrarily set one batch of data add-ons to one speed and another batch to a different speed when the regular plan otherwise has no indicator, so  I think this is important to clarify not just for this one-time gift, but also for anyone who bought data previously or will buy a data add-on for a dataless plan.  If either this announcement or the Terms & Conditions Pt #7 is inaccurate, please make the appropriate correction.

srlawren

While this is very generous of Public Mobile and a nice unexpected treat, you guys do know that giving out free samples generally increases sales, right?  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

temmyctt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is awesomeeeee! Smiley Wink

vcadieux

Wow ! That's a great news. I actually pay for my mother mobile phone on the 10$ plan and had to add a 1GB data addon.

Now she will have 2GB to use and since she's not consuming lots of data, it might last for a long long time !

Thanks Public Mobile !

MacMe

This is awesome! Thank you so much.  It's the right time since I accidentally used up my 1GB add-on when my phone's wifi was off Smiley Embarassed

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@emmaty wrote:

I don't believe they mean 1gb per month.

This is 1gb ONE-TIME, correct?

It means that you get 1GB to use as long as you want. If you don't use it all in one month it stays in account till it's all used up

GR
Mayor / Maire

@emmaty yes a 1 time data add on that will roll over until all consumed!   

emmaty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't believe they mean 1gb per month.

This is 1gb ONE-TIME, correct?

Many thanks!

tehowennathe

This is the reason PM is one of the best in Canada. Keep up the amazing work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Free data?! Sure! Thanks Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!

Something for nothing.  From a telco!

Who'd of thought...

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another pleasant surprise! 🙂

Thank you.

ooakosiryan

The fact that you're adding these automatically and not even making us go into self-serve to press a button exeplifies the part of your mission where you say you have us in mind—a people-focused approach. Thank you so much, Public Mobile! Made my day Smiley Very Happy

mh1983

Small growing pains aside, you guys continue to amaze and delight! Thanks for thinking of us and for this nice surprise!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Great gesture by PM to reward loyal subscribers.  

Thanks for the bonus.

WF123

This is great.  As a light data user, I can make this extra 1GB go a long way.  I've only been with PM a short time and it's already paying off well.  Thanks, PM!  Smiley Happy

Free data? Since it's not costing anything, I'll take it. Thanks.

KamWest

That is a great bonus for current members

I have 3 lines with public and my son will be especially glad to have this because he has only 1 gig data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a great gesture!  We all can use some free data!  

qzhao

That's awesome. I just switched from Fido on August 18. It's been great so far! Love the extra bonus.

SD08

Wow, that's a nice gesture.  Thank you Alan & PM Team!

I have a family member whose plan doesn't include data.  This will be handy on those odd occasions when she might need it.  Smiley Happy

popping

Thank you for the extra 1GB add-on.

I have 3 accounts: $40, $10, $10 scheduled to be switch to $15 plan

Edit: My $10 plan is used by senior with a flip phone.  It is more appropriate to have a choice of 500 minutes add-on for senior account instead of 1GB data.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alan_K 

Guessing since this is added to the account - even if you swtich plans it will remain.

Thanks for the bonus - showing love for those faithfull PM members.

nikesox

Just subscribed PM a week ago and then found out the same $50 plan has a new $10 discount for 6 months. Can't complain for the extra 1gb. So far the services have been great and got 4 people converted over. Thanks again for the great services!!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K yea I knew your wern't such a bad guy lol

Need Help? Let's chat.