cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Question for mods, can you confirm if the data add-ons are now on 3G or 4G LTE?

If someone on the new 3G plans runs out off data and buy an add-on, what speed do they get, 3G or 4G LTE?

Screenshot_20170714-003712.png

13 REPLIES 13

I will be testing this question next week and will post my findings. Just is passing, I am currently using one of the new data plans and have tethered an iPhone 3g to my Mac by USB. The Communty website is performing well. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It seems wrong because it is 😞

@Rockdaddy22 amen brother.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
It seems wrong because it is 😞

srlawren

thanks @Jeremy_M.  TBH, I'm not entirely sure any of this add-on business is fair.  Why people on 3G and 4G plans are being charged the same amount for the same amount of add-on data but at different speeds is beyond my comprehension.  Now you're saying people that don't normally pay for any data in their plans are getting the add-ons in 4G while people that pay you even more every 30 or 90 days for their 3G plans are still stuck with 3G add-ons and for the same add-on price.  This just seems wrong, IMHO.  Sorry.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Thank you for clarifying for us 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@TP0703 this is a GREAT question that I have not seen asked before now.  Unfortunately @Jeremy_M seems to be a bit radio-silent the past 36 hours or so.  Jeremy, can you please answer this question?  cc: @NDesai @Luddite @Rockdaddy22 @imm1304

With pleasure @srlawren - those who are on a Talk & Text plan with no data, and purchase a data add-on would get 4G LTE speeds 🙂

srlawren

@TP0703 wrote:

That's my question now too.

I have a family who only uses talk & text, but occasional data.

However when she does use the data, she wants LTE speed.

@TP0703 this is a GREAT question that I have not seen asked before now.  Unfortunately @Jeremy_M seems to be a bit radio-silent the past 36 hours or so.  Jeremy, can you please answer this question?  cc: @NDesai @Luddite @Rockdaddy22 @imm1304

More likely 3g data. Since some one only have talk and text plan, if they buy add-on I think they will get 3g data add-on. Personal thoughts.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

TP0703
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's my question now too.

I have a family who only uses talk & text, but occasional data.

However when she does use the data, she wants LTE speed.

Thanks .

So now I have another question: what add-on speed do people on talk and text only plans get?

EDIT: solution to this question here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-add-on/m-p/169710/highlight/true#M...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
@MarieHelene_L wrote:

Data add-ons are available for 3G plans! The add-ons available to you in your self-serve will automatically match the data speed you have in your plan. When someone who's on a LTE plan purchases a data add-on, the data speed will be LTE. Same thing for the new 3G plans, if someone who's on a 3G plan purchases a data add-on, the data speed will be 3G. 

It's impossible for someone who's on a LTE plan to purchase a 3G data add-on, and vice versa Smiley Happy

Marie

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/3G-Data-Add-On/idc-p/169352/highlight/true...

You are right, thanks!

SD08

To make sure PM sees this in order to get a clarification, let's tag @Jeremy_M.

(Moderators could be busy solving service issues.)

Need Help? Let's chat.