cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd


@geopublic wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 @Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' Smiley Happy


@z10user4  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

 

 Also 1gb is 1024mb where as 500mb +500mb =1000mb 

 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

 

 

 


1024.JPG

 

500MB + 500MB = 1024MB


Wow that's weird, I'm on the 4.5GB + 500MB plan:

e99185f348f95bb1dacafc84c21fb22c

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd


@steff12321 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:


Wow that's weird, I'm on the 4.5GB + 500MB plan:

e99185f348f95bb1dacafc84c21fb22c


The 500MB data bonuses are really 512MB or 0.5GB.  I can only think that "500" sounds more impressive than "0.5", but that 500MB sounds simpler than 512MB. The difference is small enough that most people probably wouldn't notice.  And, if you think about it, who's going to complain that they got more than advertised?  I remember when people were suing hard drive manufactuers over this discrpency, but in this case, customers are getting more.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd


@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 @Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' Smiley Happy


@z10user4  there is officially no 25$ plan with 1gb of data. The $25 plan comes with only 500mb of data and if you enable autopay you get a bonus of 500mb. 

 

 Also 1gb is 1024mb where as 500mb +500mb =1000mb 

 

Yes you are right there is only 1 $25 plan with data, but just saying let's be precise in exactly what is being announced/advertised, as some people are more picky with details than others. 

 


There is no precision required when it's all of one possibility. If there was some kind ambiguity then sure.

And if you really wanna get carried away with technical specifics, what would commonly be referred to as 1GB is commonly known as 1,000,000,000 bytes. But if you actually want to be properly binary about it, the number comes to 1,073,741,824 (or 2³º)

 

There's just one $25 plan with data...no need to ask for any clarity.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

This is not good news.  Hopefully, plans will come back in the future.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

I changed to $50 8gb plan, for next cycle, but my overview page says nexy cycle cost $40 still. Will I be ok? It said I successfully changed my plan, but I cannot comfirm that anywhere.

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@SLOPES, the overview doesn't change information for the plan until the renewal date.  As long as you see your plan listed as scheduled to change, you should be good to go.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

I joined PM as a new customer recently with their $10 savings for 6 months Promo that expired March 4, 2019.  I signed up for the $30/30 days with 500Mg+500Mg data with Auto-Pay on the 3G network.  Subsequently that plan dropped in price to $25 and will now be ending April 22nd, 2019.  While I had planned to change to it once I received my last $10 credit I wish to put in for the change now with my next cycle.  I've only received 2 credits of the 6 till now and wished to know what $ penalties if any I'd have to pay aside from the elimination of my final 4 scheduled credits.

Oracle

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

No penalties. Just the loss of the 10$ credits

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

I'm surprised that they are retiring the $25 1 gig plan considering Freedom just released a $24 (29 - 5 auto pay discount) prepaid NATIONWIDE 1.5 gig plan which includes roaming on Bell, Telus, and Roger's when necessary.  Also includes wifi calling and VoLte. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd


@bar0460 wrote:

I'm surprised that they are retiring the $25 1 gig plan considering Freedom just released a $24 (29 - 5 auto pay discount) prepaid NATIONWIDE 1.5 gig plan which includes roaming on Bell, Telus, and Roger's when necessary.  Also includes wifi calling and VoLte. 


PM doesn't compete with Freedom their competition is Chatr & Lucky.