cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@Claireleau wrote:

Hi, i just need one clarification

I am currently waiting for my SIM card to arrive and was planning to get the talk+text+500mb+500mb plan at 25$, but now i read that it will expire.

So assuming that i receive my SIM card before april 22th and subscribe to this plan, will i be able to keep it forever, or will i be forced to choose another plan next month ?

Forever is a long time.  Take a look at the announcement here and read through the FAQ's.

FAQ

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms_of_Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have one of these plans. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to these plans up to April 22nd. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

Mayor / Maire

@Claireleau wrote:

I am currently waiting for my SIM card to arrive and was planning to get the talk+text+500mb+500mb plan at 25$, but now i read that it will expire.

So assuming that i receive my SIM card before april 22th and subscribe to this plan, will i be able to keep it forever, or will i be forced to choose another plan next month ?

There's no such thing as forever. The company can change things whenever they like. They should give some notice but they can still change things.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

There's no such thing as forever. The company can change things whenever they like. They should give some notice but they can still change things.

Yeah i realise "forever" is quite a long time. In the past i have been with Koodo and Bell and they let you stay on long-forgotten plans as long as you don't change it. My question was more about checking if PM usually let you keep promotional plans you're subscribed to after they expire or not. I'm very new to this pre-paid concept.

Mayor / Maire

@Claireleau wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

Yeah i realise "forever" is quite a long time. In the past i have been with Koodo and Bell and they let you stay on long-forgotten plans as long as you don't change it. My question was more about checking if PM usually let you keep promotional plans you're subscribed to after they expire or not. I'm very new to this pre-paid concept.

Then yes. There are people here still on a famous plan from the fall of 2016. Of course if you change plans then if a promo plan is no longer available then you can't go back to it.

@Claireleau wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

Yes, you can keep the plan after Public Mobile stops offering it to people who don't already have it.  However, if z10user4 didn't say something such as what was said about the uncertainties about a carrier being able to change plans on existing customers, some members might then blame him for not warning them should Public Mobile ever increase prices or change plan features included in these plans.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's been a good run. I suggest everyone lock in their plans now, those plans are a great value.

Mayor / Maire

@Claireleau wrote:

Yes as others have already said you should be able to keep your plan but for how long no-one can say.  It seems the 'grandfathering clause' is also being 'retired' by more and more companies these days.  My bank recently retired some of their plans but no longer allow you to keep the old plan, effectively making you pay more for the newer offerings.  Hoping PM won't follow! 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

Yes as others have already said you should be able to keep your plan but for how long no-one can say.  It seems the 'grandfathering clause' is also being 'retired' by more and more companies these days.  My bank recently retired some of their plans but no longer allow you to keep the old plan, effectively making you pay more for the newer offerings.  Hoping PM won't follow! 

I'm hoping to retire this Friday. 🤞

Mayor / Maire

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

I'm hoping to retire this Friday. 🤞

Happy retirement! Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Claireleau wrote:

Then yes. There are people here still on a famous plan from the fall of 2016. Of course if you change plans then if a promo plan is no longer available then you can't go back to it.

What were those fall 2016 promo plans?