Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

@Wanetta wrote:

How do i get ahold of these ******** my phones not working

What issues are you having?

@Wanetta hi maybe if you curb your language you may get some help

Wanetta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i get ahold of these ******** my phones not working

JHC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think everyone has contacted "the moderator". Unfortunately it doesnt seem like they can do anything. I heard once from them last friday that it was a "known issue" and they'd update me once they knew more, and nothing further since then. I contacted them again om saturday to let them that my situation had got worse - i.e. additional accounts being affected - and I havent heard back. It's now wednesday. An update, or better still a solution, would be nice.

nabil114

It sucks. Contact the moderator. 

JHC

I too lost all my cell service again today. I wasnt on any free month deal though - just a standard $15 contract.

I tried changing my contract to a $35 one, tried the 'lost/stolen' phone trick, even tried changing my number. Nothing worked. Still no service. This is beyond  frustrating now.

@Terry2 wrote:

well I am in the same position, I was promised a free month due to a system issue which shut off my phone. I was promised a free month ending May 22 and now it is May 8, what a quick month. This is so frustrating no phone service again. will someone help me.

As you're aware, only the moderator can address your concern...

Click this to message them.

Good luck...again !

Terry2

well I am in the same position, I was promised a free month due to a system issue which shut off my phone. I was promised a free month ending May 22 and now it is May 8, what a quick month. This is so frustrating no phone service again. will someone help me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Terry2 wrote:

you know the 1 month free service that was promised, suppose to end May 22, well they have changed there minds and my service ended today without notice. I guess they got me good

What "1 month free service" are you talking about? That promo hasn't been on for a while (or it's been scrubbed from existence).

Terry2

you know the 1 month free service that was promised, suppose to end May 22, well they have changed there minds and my service ended today without notice. I guess they got me good

@miniyung wrote:

3 days and counting now ... service suspended, have auto-pay. No reply to private messages to the moderator team to get this issue resolved. 😞

Click this to message them.

miniyung

3 days and counting now ... service suspended, have auto-pay. No reply to private messages to the moderator team to get this issue resolved. 😞

Akalirai

well there is a problem with the expired only plan - the top of the account shows "One-Time Payment): Apr 29, 2019" and the AutoPay section shows "Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): May 11, 2019". So the dates are out of sync. I've sent the snapshot to the moderators. See what they say.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Akalirai wrote:

one is expired and suspended the other is expired only. Frustrating

Expired is normal after 8pm ET. That one *should* renew if on autopay. Don't mess around doing anything in it until you see what happens overnight. As long as it keeps working you're fine.

The other one I guess was last night and so now you would need to get some money into the account either trying the credit card on file or by voucher.

Akalirai

one is expired and suspended the other is expired only. Frustrating

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Akalirai wrote:

Well today is Apr 29 and my fathers plan is expired eventhough he is on autopay using his credit card. There is no issue with credit card payment. The credit card payment was declined because PM entered incorrect expiry date. My wife's plan has same problem. So the issue is not fixed and it's still affecting people.

Expired? Or expired and suspended? On either.

Akalirai

Well today is Apr 29 and my fathers plan is expired eventhough he is on autopay using his credit card. There is no issue with credit card payment. The credit card payment was declined because PM entered incorrect expiry date. My wife's plan has same problem. So the issue is not fixed and it's still affecting people.

Kika

Hello

My plan was to expire 11:59 pm on April 27th;however when I attempted to make/receive calls on April 26th in the am it gave me a message that my plan was suspended. I then renewed the plan and then the next billing date showed expiry of 11:59 on May 25th.

nabil114

@CS_Agent  Contact them again put urgent in the subject

Marzipan

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

My phone can't call out to some numbers it has been 3 days now and I've had none of the mods answer me getting pretty fed up here with the'service' if you call it that anytime now people

If your request is proper they will reply promptly but if there is any insult .... who knows?

nabil114

They answered me the same day. 

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

My phone can't call out to some numbers it has been 3 days now and I've had none of the mods answer me getting pretty fed up here with the'service' if you call it that anytime now people

Welcome to PM, Pay More for Less Service !

Winland

There might be other issues these days. I don't have issues with phone calls and messages. But have not received the credit for a referal on April 22 (got a text message though). The Reward-a-Friend reward does not seem be calculated correctly/updated either. Better to check and verify yourself.

lisayoung

I messaged them twice, I am not pleased with the customer service, I still didn't get a reply

nabil114

Yes

purpleflowers

Is anyone still experiencing this?  I am unable to call/receive calls and I am unable to send or receive text messages.

Nattiefrog78

I’ve kinda been having the same issue.. but usually just with text messages ..  it’s definitely not just in the afternoon but sporadically during the day for me. Also I have more than enough data and I am unable to send picture messages half the time. Gets frustrating at times.. 

Nattiefrog78

I did the exact same thing! Lol

nabil114

I did not realize that they worked on the weekends. 

I had the same issue. I got it fixed by contacting the moderator. My issue is similar but bit different where I had to pay for the promotional 1 GB for the $25 dollar plan which I did not need so I lost my service. 

nabil114

Contact the moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.