Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

@nabil114 wrote:

Contact the Moderator on Monday. 

As Lieux was saying, moderators work every day of the week during specified hours.  However, even if that weren't the case, there's no need to wait until the advertised moderators hours.  Whenever you decide to send the moderators a message, your message goes into a queue/line.

akeastcoastorg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone can't call out to some numbers it has been 3 days now and I've had none of the mods answer me getting pretty fed up here with the'service' if you call it that anytime now people

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@markyleung wrote:

I am one of those who had the disruption. Not knowing what it was, I went in and paid for another month of service even though it 'renewed' three days earlier. I hope to get a reply before my next renewal so I can get credit since I double paid for the same time period.

Send a private message to moderator to get the credit.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

markyleung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am one of those who had the disruption. Not knowing what it was, I went in and paid for another month of service even though it 'renewed' three days earlier. I hope to get a reply before my next renewal so I can get credit since I double paid for the same time period.

@nabil114 wrote:

Why on Monday???? They’re working today too.

nabil114

akeastcoastorg

This issue is still not resolved I can't make any phone calls for 3 days now fix it now or give me my money back and I'll go somewhere else my phone is important what kind of company doesn't have a mf phone number???????

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_KThx, still best service for me.

Wanetta

This is not the first month they habe done this either.

Wanetta

Finally

My account is ok but is this fixed? Annoucement just says in progress.  I hope it is fixed but annoucement just not updated.

@cstroud wrote:

for what its worth i finally got my issue sorted out (1.5 days out)

removed payment method, removed auto pay, cleared cache, entered new payment method with a defined amount of $s

account is now unlocked and usable.

Thanks to let us know your solution. Can perhaps help someone else.

cstroud

for what its worth i finally got my issue sorted out (1.5 days out)

removed payment method, removed auto pay, cleared cache, entered new payment method with a defined amount of $s

account is now unlocked and usable.

bammirato

It’s been three days and I still have NO SERVICE!!!!!!

@Kika wrote:

The other issue is now my billing shows May 25 for the next month...so I not only lost my day of April 26th today but now my billing is moved up a day for next month.

Hi @Kika 

Does it say that the payment due date is 25th?

If you go to the end of that section you will see the direction telling you if praid by 11.59pm your plan will renew, which means your next cycle will start at 0.00 on 26th.

Kika

No the phone did not connect to any numbers...it played a message that my services were expired.

Kika

The other issue is now my billing shows May 25 for the next month...so I not only lost my day of April 26th today but now my billing is moved up a day for next month.

I the afternoons i have problems placing calls, it would tell me that talk is not included and i know it is, so i hang up and try again and again till it goes through and eventually it does. There is nothing wrong with account as of yet, i check twice a day.

I had couple of people also complaining that they can't reach me, nobody answers and i didn't miss any calls. I know something is wrong because voicemail doesn't pickup either

For now if somebody says they'll reach me i just tell them to try till i either answer or they get voicemail.

Something its wrong but i don't want to add more oil to the fire i know mods are so overloaded. I'm curious what will happen on renewal, it looks like most of things go wrong around that time.

I'm curious how many people out there are not totally cut off but experience more than usual technical problems( in my case clustered mostly afternoons)

@Kika wrote:

My plan expires at midnight tonight (April 26) but already suspended my service. That is not a good thing. Only my second month and I just referred someone to switch...hmmmmm.....

To be clear: did the phone stop working, or did just the message appear?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kika

I just renewed and it is good but that is not the point...I have lost over 12 hours...who knows I didn't try earlier but could have been out the entire day.  That is just not acceptable.  I should be prorated another day no matter what.

Marzipan

@Kika wrote:

My plan expires at midnight tonight (April 26) but already suspended my service. That is not a good thing. Only my second month and I just referred someone to switch...hmmmmm.....

That happened to a friend of mine but, fearing the worst, when I checked next day all was well.

Kika

tiffany

@hairbag1 It doesn't work to click the stolen button, I do send the message to moderator team but no reply back. It's really urgent to use my phone, but without any help now:((

@tiffany wrote:

I pay 45 dollars for renewing my plan, but it ended up with my account is suspended for non-reasons. I sent a private message to the moderator but without any reply message. Can someone help me out here? I really need my service back now. 

@tiffany 

try this...Log into My Account/Plan and Add-ons/Lost-stolen tab. Click it and SUSPEND service ...log out. After 5 minutes log back in and do it all over but RESUME service. Cycle phone off/on and see if that helps. Otherwise you'll have to send a message to moderators for their help. Click this to message them.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

tiffany

I pay 45 dollars for renewing my plan, but it ended up with my account is suspended for non-reasons. I sent a private message to the moderator but without any reply message. Can someone help me out here? I really need my service back now. 

@lisayoung wrote:

Need help, I out $20.00 on my phone around April 18th then on Apr 23rd it said suspended, I didn't get the $25.00 option so I chose $20.00.  Then on April 23rd I put $40.00 since I was only given the options of $10.00 and $40.00 and it says my account expires May 23rd.  Where has my money went?  I have prepaid credit card on my account not autopay, will I get credited? 

The original plan you had, runs for 30 days. If you "bought" a new plan before those 30 days expire, you've started a new plan and effectively lost the balance of the original plan. Makes scence ? Early this week there was wide spread system glitches that resulted in problems like you've experienced though. You should send a message to the moderators and explain your concern to them and they'll help you with resolution. Click this to message them.

Please allow 48 hours for them to respond to your questions. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

lisayoung

I was told they would get back to you in 1-2 days.

lisayoung

Need help, I out $20.00 on my phone around April 18th then on Apr 23rd it said suspended, I didn't get the $25.00 option so I chose $20.00.  Then on April 23rd I put $40.00 since I was only given the options of $10.00 and $40.00 and it says my account expires May 23rd.  Where has my money went?  I have prepaid credit card on my account not autopay, will I get credited? 

Gilles2

The only way I was able to get my service reinstated immediately was to manually make an extra monthly payment on my online account.  The extra payment will then show as a credit on your account for the following month.  It sucks but I wanted my service back right away. I did send a private message to the moderator at first but it was taking them too long. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahcanada wrote:

My mother's phone has also been disabled for a few days, no way of calling out. I've sent a private message to the moderators and have not heard back. People depend on these phone lines, this is ridiculous 

@sarahcanada 

But can she text in/out? Use data? What plan is she on? If the $10 or $15 plan then maybe she has used all the minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.