Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As of April 22nd, 11:59 PM, the following price plans are being expired:

• $25 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6.5 GB at 3G speed

If you’re interested in taking advantage of these ready-made plans while they’re still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before April 22nd, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle.

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans.

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have one of these plans. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to these plans up to April 22nd. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

168 REPLIES 168

I’m very thankful for the rewards I get here at Public Mobile, and I’m quite happy on the great plan I currently have.  I’ve currently scheduled for the $25 plan on my next renewal, however, I may again decide against downgrading, as I no longer will have the fall back options that are going away.

its sad when the best 3rd tier provider looks at other 3rd tier providers for current and promo offers.  Public Mobile was the leader, now they are the follower.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K   oh wow, thanks for providing the heads up.  It's rare to see a company advise customers of when the promo plans are expiring.  Most of the time they just remove the plans without notice.  Thanks for the heads up, greatly appreciated.

MitchRuns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm just glad they gave us time to get on the plan before it's removed, so people can get last minute referrals to lock in the plan and people on the fence can make the decision before it suddenly disappeared. 

I do hope they add new good plans but you'd think they would have added a "Stay tuned for new plans" or something to it. 

@Poogzley wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

Are these expiring to make space for more exciting offers? 😮

If they where I don't think they would be makeing this anouncement...

More exciting offers? If the new plans were going to be better accross the board, I highly doubt we'd know about the plans expiring a week ahead of time.  We'd probably just see an annoucement for an instant change and that existing customers can future-date a plan change to take advantage.  This annoucement is almost certainly bad news for the customer. I doubt Public Mobile would want the negavity from this annoucement if plans were really going to get better.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@steff12321 wrote:

If they where I don't think they would be makeing this anouncement...

@SD08 wrote:

Thanks for giving us some warning of the expiry.  At least there's still time left to get on these plans.

However, when competitors raise prices, you don't have to follow suit.  

Sure do in a monopoly situation.  It is all about being harmonious rather than a fight to the death on lowest possible price.  

steff12321

From what I see on the Quebec bring your own phone plans they increased the data and price stayed the same.. I think only the tab plans went up in price?

@SD08 wrote:

Thanks for giving us some warning of the expiry.  At least there's still time left to get on these plans.

A carrier also doesn't have to reduce the amount of data included for plans at a certain price point just because a competitor has either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

steff12321

@geopublic wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

Judging by how Koodo increased their pricing, I'm afraid prices might be going up Smiley Sad

Oh no 😞 I was hoping for some better pricing on the 90 day plans, I like the idea of pooling my data so I can binge at the end of the cycle. 

@steff12321 wrote:

Judging by how Koodo increased their pricing, I'm afraid prices might be going up Smiley Sad

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Eagerly awaits next announcement regarding replacement plansImage result for Eagerly awaiting next announcement gif

mimmo

@Alan_K  when you say the 25$ 1gb plan do you actually mean the 500mb +500mb data plan? 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K You do mean talk/text/data plans  and not just data only plans?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@steff12321 wrote:

Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping

The $50 8.5GB plan with autopay is still available after April 22.

steff12321

Need Help? Let's chat.