cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

Thank you, I appreciate the transparency, even if this is bad news.

@bar0460, but just think, what if you didn't have to roam...  wait.. you don't roam at Public Mobile unless you cross into the US!

Unless you're in a major centre or live in the Toronto Subway, don't think about Freedom.

@Kovaelin, as you did get your first 2 credits, you're only going to miss $40.  This will be 'recovered after 8 cycles.  At that time, your old $30 plan, with the discount for 6 cycles, will become a regular $25 cycle.  Your rewards will then in about 2 or 3  more cycles will be $2/cycle for AutoPay, $1 for Loyalty, and $1 each for any friend renewals/referrals.  You'll be saving more overall than the $60 in no time!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We hope, more exciting plans are on the way  :-)

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bar0460 wrote:

I'm surprised that they are retiring the $25 1 gig plan considering Freedom just released a $24 (29 - 5 auto pay discount) prepaid NATIONWIDE 1.5 gig plan which includes roaming on Bell, Telus, and Roger's when necessary.  Also includes wifi calling and VoLte. 

I agree...I think this is a step backwards for Public Mobile since the plans expiring seem to offer the best value for money...I guess we have to be grateful the $15 plan isn't being retired.

Another point I think this announcement should be linked to the plans on the home page, there is no information there to say these plans will no longer be available in a few days.  I don't believe all new customers, perhaps even quite a few existing customers, would necessarily go to the announcement link first to learn about the latest updates.

@dabr, I'm in this forum every day.  Even before I joined, I was here at least 4 days a week (researching).

There are ways to link to this forum and get updates using the RSS feed in the 'Topic Options' button at the top.  Email or FeedReader apps for all devices and operating systems.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@dabr, I'm in this forum every day.  Even before I joined, I was here at least 4 days a week (researching).

There are ways to link to this forum and get updates using the RSS feed in the 'Topic Options' button at the top.  Email or FeedReader apps for all devices and operating systems.

Yes I agree and am aware there are ways to get instant updates and signing up with RSS feed would do that (perhaps I should sign on for that too), but I was thinking that would work for people who are much more patient and willing to spend time to do their research.  However, I don't think most people (unfortunately) are going to go through all options available for the latest updates, especially if someone is maybe shopping around for a new plan (ie: new customer).  They're more likely to take a quick look at the home page to see what's available...just thought it might be helpful if the moderators' had updated the plans that will be expired on Public Mobile's home page where they are displayed without any notice about their short term availability.

Hi, i just need one clarification

I am currently waiting for my SIM card to arrive and was planning to get the talk+text+500mb+500mb plan at 25$, but now i read that it will expire.

So assuming that i receive my SIM card before april 22th and subscribe to this plan, will i be able to keep it forever, or will i be forced to choose another plan next month ?

You will be able to keep it forever as long as you don't change to another plan.

Wonderful, thank you