cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring April 22nd

@Luddite and @mimmo. There is only 1 plan for $25 with data. All the plans mentioned would be talk/text/data.

Just sayin' Smiley Happy

@SD08 wrote:

Thanks for giving us some warning of the expiry.  At least there's still time left to get on these plans.

However, when competitors raise prices, you don't have to follow suit.  

A carrier also doesn't have to reduce the amount of data included for plans at a certain price point just because a competitor has either.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From what I see on the Quebec bring your own phone plans they increased the data and price stayed the same.. I think only the tab plans went up in price?

Oracle

@SD08 wrote:

Thanks for giving us some warning of the expiry.  At least there's still time left to get on these plans.

However, when competitors raise prices, you don't have to follow suit.  

Sure do in a monopoly situation.  It is all about being harmonious rather than a fight to the death on lowest possible price.  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@steff12321 wrote:

Are these expiring to make space for more exciting offers? Smiley Surprised

If they where I don't think they would be makeing this anouncement...

@Poogzley wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

Are these expiring to make space for more exciting offers? Smiley Surprised

If they where I don't think they would be makeing this anouncement...

More exciting offers? If the new plans were going to be better accross the board, I highly doubt we'd know about the plans expiring a week ahead of time.  We'd probably just see an annoucement for an instant change and that existing customers can future-date a plan change to take advantage.  This annoucement is almost certainly bad news for the customer. I doubt Public Mobile would want the negavity from this annoucement if plans were really going to get better.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm just glad they gave us time to get on the plan before it's removed, so people can get last minute referrals to lock in the plan and people on the fence can make the decision before it suddenly disappeared. 

I do hope they add new good plans but you'd think they would have added a "Stay tuned for new plans" or something to it. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K   oh wow, thanks for providing the heads up.  It's rare to see a company advise customers of when the promo plans are expiring.  Most of the time they just remove the plans without notice.  Thanks for the heads up, greatly appreciated.

I’m very thankful for the rewards I get here at Public Mobile, and I’m quite happy on the great plan I currently have.  I’ve currently scheduled for the $25 plan on my next renewal, however, I may again decide against downgrading, as I no longer will have the fall back options that are going away.

its sad when the best 3rd tier provider looks at other 3rd tier providers for current and promo offers.  Public Mobile was the leader, now they are the follower.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just read through the ToS and found the answer of this question: 

@Alan_K wrote:

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans