cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

@kevenv wrote:

The $25 plan advertises 500MB data and 500 MB bonus data with autopay. This $30 plan advertises 500MB of data and 500MB bonus data with autopay and a 1GB data bonus as a promo. Is this just poor wording on the offer or am I out to lunch in saying the "bonus 1GB is costing $5? I thought this would be including 1GB of data, 500MB bonus on autopay and 500MB bonus data. If you lose the bonus data for some reason are you not paying more for the same as the $25 plan?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.51.04 PM.png

My argument was along those same lines. How can someonething be called a promo/bonus if it is priced higher than regular price (or if the plan didn't previously exist)?  I believe that in some places, that isn't allowed. Do I think that the plan is good?  Yes. But is the 1GB really a bonus?  No. It is costing $5.

When it comes to the implementation of the actual plan, I have my suspicions that it may just be coded as one-2GB block. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 The old $35 plan IIRC was for 1GB of data and 500MB bonus data for autopay. The promo they had was add an additional 500MB bonus data for a total of 2GB when all was said and done. This plan was on sale in Quebec for $30. I assumed when I heard that PM was doing this was that would just open up the Quebec deal to everyone. I still can't quite get my head around this one.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can any mods confirm if the 1gb bonus will be able to be reinstated should any  payment bugs or account suspension under 90 days happen if the system automatically drops it for whatever reason?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Can any mods confirm if the 1gb bonus will be able to be reinstated should any  payment bugs or account suspension under 90 days happen if the system automatically drops it for whatever reason?

I suspect that for an answer to that, you'd have to speak to someone who is familiar with the programming of the self serve website and of the plans. Alan_K might be able to answer this.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great offer! Looking forward for such offers in future as well. 

Highlighted

Good deal !

Highlighted

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I suspect that for an answer to that, you'd have to speak to someone who is familiar with the programming of the self serve website and of the plans. Alan_K might be able to answer this.

@Alan_K are you able to help confirm this for me/us at all? Will definitely be switching if the answer is yes 🙂

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pawprints1986 at the current moment the plan reads as follow

• This plan includes: -
  • - 2GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

there is no 1gb bonus, it's one block of data

Highlighted

On the main plans page not in self serve it's listed as a bonus though? 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pawprints1986 I think it has something to do with Lucky's offer. because that's what it says on Lucky's website. it's probably some sort of marketing limitation between the 3 providers. we should be thankful their offering the full 2gb and not the advertising plan 👍