cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

On the Plans Page it is broken down into 500 Mb Data, 500 Mb AutoPay BOnus Data and 1 Gb Bonus Data. But if you go to Change Plans it shows up as just 2 Gb Data, doesn’t even indicate that 500 Mb of the Data is Autopay Bonus.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

At first glance this sounds like a good promo but reading through some of the comments brought to my attention some great points on how the data is broken down as a bonus and another bonus for auto-pay instead of just 2 GB.

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text
Highlighted

@AE_Collector wrote:

On the Plans Page it is broken down into 500 Mb Data, 500 Mb AutoPay BOnus Data and 1 Gb Bonus Data. But if you go to Change Plans it shows up as just 2 Gb Data, doesn’t even indicate that 500 Mb of the Data is Autopay Bonus.

AE_Collector

Interesting.  Wonder if a new subscriber would show plan as 2 GB like the way it does via "change plan" as you mentioned.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Well personally I wouldn’t worry about the wording of the offer. 2Gb is 2Gb. I am starting to get close to two years here now and have never had an Autopay problem. And I change plans fairly often as well. If it did mess up on renewal I think the moderators would fix it up again.

AE_Collector

Highlighted

Good to know @AE_Collector .  While I'm sure that if an issue did arise from Autopay and it would be corrected....it's just one more issue to deal with if it can be avoided.

Highlighted

Just to clarify on this. Is the limited meaning the offer is available for a limited time or the price plan would be available for a limited time or both? 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess it means that the plan mentioned would be available for activation for a certain time period. The plan is for a period of 30 days  and would be active for 30 days even though the offer expires before that. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks PM! I'll spread the word and likely get a friend on board.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpixel4 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 at the current moment the plan reads as follow

• This plan includes: -
  • - 2GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

there is no 1gb bonus, it's one block of data

@gpixel4 this is within your self serve right? youve already switched? I decided to go in and have it switch at my next renew which isnt till the 24th. but thats fine with me! It does say 2gb as a block when looking at the available plans in self serve. Just wish theyd fix the actual main page wording, so people like me dont get confused or worried about bonuses dropping improperly. its also neat they give you the option to undo the change! up until that point anyway

Hoping the 25 1gb plan is here to stay as well, just in case. well, also because anxiety if that "bonus" should ever drop 🙂 anxiety sucks but great deals are awesome lol also if i find im not using into that second gb for whatever reason too, the flexibility to switch back is great!

i mean i SHOULD be fine because ive been manually topping up up until now aka not giving autopay the chance to fail, but, well because anxiety, i will worry about other random bugs happening even with the funds there. so im hoping the "behind the scenes" description of the 2gb at 3g speed are the accurate ones 🙂

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was a little disappointed in the wording. I was really hoping to see 2gb + 500mb with autopay, but one can only wish! Now to convince them to replace the 500mb autopay with the option of throttled unlimited as a bonus/option instead. Lucky's 1gb and 2gb plans with throttled unlimited afterwards are very attractive.

Need Help? Let's chat.