Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

On Friday, August 7, we are launching a new $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only. As a result, as of Thursday, August 6th 2020, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $35 1.5GB Plan

If you have the $35 1.5GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $35 1.5GB plan after August 6, 2020 as it will no longer be available.

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Thank you for choosing Public Mobile! 

-Public Mobile Community Team

Edited to include “available for a limited time only” (Change made on August 6th 2020, 10:25AM ET)

114 REPLIES 114

Macaleken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Much better deal! More data is always better 🙂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Missed the boat in the announcements section Lol.

This is something many people had mentioned when the 35.00 1.5GB came out. Great listening Public!

@apacibler Yes they do include picture messages at Lucky

apacibler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Lucky Mobile plans do not have picture messaging

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

more of a reason for my family to switch over now. sweet.

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

WoW! Thank you for the good news!

jimbobs

Price comes down while plan features improve!  What's not to like?

@Naik the ones yoou mentioned will all stay if you switch. Choose to switch it on next renewal date. Stay safe. 

CowheadUK

A decent deal. I will probably sign up!!

@kb_mv wrote:

@esjliv You need to sign into your account and select change plan....

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 8.47.52 AM.png

Thanks @kb_mv ! I actually did not check my self serve account.

I was looking for it under the PLANS on the PM website. When i looked at the Plans this morning it was not there...even after trying new tabs, opening in incognito mode, and all those things....

But now I see it updated - 🙂

esjliv_0-1596806935370.png

@esjliv You need to sign into your account and select change plan....

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 8.47.52 AM.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi, I don't see it either? Is this a Canada-Wide offer?

TMS

@Pawprints1986 

it’s there 🙂

DC6A56DC-0B6E-47E9-8338-A1B6E70885B6.jpeg

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Still not showing up for me on the plans page, is it specific to self serve/existing customers ?

Also had to say either way that I'm glad to see a promo that includes existing customers !

Naik

Guys,

If I switch to this plan from my existing one, will I loose my promo balances in existing plan? Like referral balance and holiday giveaway of extra gb of data which has been rolling over?

it's officially here! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CTG311 wrote:

Check tomorrow. It says 11:59 pm easter time Aug 7. Just wait a few more hours or check tomorrow

Reading it again...it says Aug 7 for the new plan and that the old $35 is dropping by 11:59pm ET Aug 6. Well 12:01am ET is Aug 7. Knowing that just about everything runs on ET around here...

I still see the $35 plan (a while ago now admittedly but after midnight ET anyway)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

@Anonymous 

I haven’t really thought about it. Maybe something still $10? It would have to include unlimited outgoing text.

Just have the $15 plan come down to $10, and I’m in. PM can have their 50/50 plan back. 👍

I would do $10 unlimited provincial talk and text. And keep everything else the same. If I just have to text some far flung relative in another province then I'll use TextNow.

But this is already way off topic and too much of a wish/fantasy list.

CTG311

Check tomorrow. It says 11:59 pm easter time Aug 7. Just wait a few more hours or check tomorrow

TMS

Who remembers the $30 plan unlimited talk and text with 500MB? 😂 

buang99

I see, as long as they make it available for a few days I’m fine with it. 

@buang99 maybe they mean 11:59PT

CTG311

I am switching over. Great plan now that I am spending most of my time at home and using wifi.

Thanks for the update!

buang99

When will this take effect? I cant seem to change my plan with this $30 plan.

TMS

@Anonymous 

I haven’t really thought about it. Maybe something still $10? It would have to include unlimited outgoing text.

Just have the $15 plan come down to $10, and I’m in. PM can have their 50/50 plan back. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

@Anonymous 

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan”

I’m keeping the $10 plan too. As soon as we leave that plan, that’s it, no more, nada, fini. 

Wondering what it will take to get you to change? Lol 😂 

With some balance and gifts and bonuses...I dunno 🙂

What about yourself?

TMS

@Anonymous 

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan”

I’m keeping the $10 plan too. As soon as we leave that plan, that’s it, no more, nada, fini. 

Wondering what it will take to get you to change? Lol 😂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

1 more minute! 

edit: nvm.. wasn't it supposed to change after 11:59 et?

@pm-smayer97 wow! managing 14 accounts would give me a headache

Somebody didn't get the memo. uh yeah hey guys...midnight...be a dear and flip the switch for the $30 plan will ya.

Heads will roll I tells ya.

Ah whatever...I'm stickin' with my $10 plan.

1 more minute! 

edit: nvm.. wasn't it supposed to change after 11:59 et?

@pm-smayer97 wow! managing 14 accounts would give me a headache

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I can agree with you partially on the customer support. For most users with normal service problems the support/service between the community and the moderators is excellent. Its only once you have a larger, complicated and/or unique issue it then can require a lot of convincing and diligence to get it attended to and resolved.

Well having managed up to 14 accounts at one point over the last 2+ yrs, and still maintaining 5 to date, I can say I have had MANY "larger, complicated and/or unique issues" that frankly would not have been if it were not for the difficulty with PM mods, and even some managers. To be fair, it is not all bad, but sometimes, and sometimes too often, it just does get that bad.

Need Help? Let's chat.