Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

175 REPLIES 175

As long as you have autopay setup the $2 reward will continue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@michealkearns78 wrote:

Just wondering I have the 15$ account and if I go to this prom offer; 2 gig's of data and phone plan with text and talk, I'll need to sine up for auto pay. Will I still get the bonus of the 1$ off each monthly billing cycle? 

The 4 rewards carry with the account. As long as you have an active plan, you will continue to get valid rewards deducted off the plan cost.

michealkearns78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering I have the 15$ account and if I go to this prom offer; 2 gig's of data and phone plan with text and talk, I'll need to sine up for auto pay. Will I still get the bonus of the 1$ off each monthly billing cycle? 

You get 1.5GB and another 500 MB as long as you have autopay setup every month.

@phillip2446

The $30 plan you can get up to 2gigs.

1.5 gigs right away and you have to add autopayment to your account for an additional 500mb bonus. So you would get a total of 2 gigs with auto-pay per 30 days.

phillip2446
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does this new plan mean you get 1.5 gigs of data every month or 2 gigs of data every month?

thanks

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If all goes well my plan is renewing to this one tonight 🙂 great timing too, I'm without home internet at the moment due to a move and some miscommunication... This should help hold me over in the meantime !

Side note fun fact : koodos latest promo is 2gb for 45... This is still way better. I don't know why I feel the need to check... I guess just making sure I made the right call type thing, possibly some nostalgia too. So far so good in my choice though! Lol

Some of the plans are crazy though, 20gb, does anyone ever even come close to using that much ? Do people regularly stream 1080p movies via data that I'm unaware of ? I don't get it, lol. For myself this 2gb deal presented itself and I thought "ooo yay extra data, good deal' but I'd never need 20gb in 30 days lol

@X-plore when is your next renewal date?  Do you choose the option to change at next renewal? Thanks 

@X-plore wrote:

I have signed up for the new plan a couple of weeks ago and it is not reflected in my account. The change plan/add-on function is down for over a week and I am unable to confirm the change. What do I do from here?  

I believe that I can safely say that the self serve plan change feature hasn't been down for a week. Otherwise,there would have been more complaints about this.  Can you try clearing your browser's cache and then try again?

X-plore

I have signed up for the new plan a couple of weeks ago and it is not reflected in my account. The change plan/add-on function is down for over a week and I am unable to confirm the change. What do I do from here?  

BearFBI

@ruturaj It depends on where your friends live. If they live in a area that has good Freedom Mobile covrage then they can go for it. Most of the time the Freedom Mobile network isint the greatest and coming to public's 30$ plan and loosing a Gig isint a big deal. Also in the end it will be cheaper than Freedom Mobile if you factor in the rewards. I pay under 20$ a month on that plan right now. 

@ruturaj Public Mobile has not been directly competing with Freedom Mobile plan prices for a couple or few years now.  I don't see this new Feeedom plan being matched.

@ruturaj wrote:

I saw Freedom recently published $30 - 3 GB prepaid offer, will Public mobile be able to match that? I have so many friends who want to switch to Public mobile but now they are in a dilemma. 

@ruturaj   It's quite unlikely PM would match Freedom's plan but PM does offer add-on data that doesn't expire until used up completely to supplement current plans and that can be useful if anyone needs just a little more data until their plan renews and resets their plan data allotment.  However, Freedom's 3GB for $30 is a good price.

ruturaj

I saw Freedom recently published $30 - 3 GB prepaid offer, will Public mobile be able to match that? I have so many friends who want to switch to Public mobile but now they are in a dilemma. 

Tripwire

Just signed up for this deal as a new client today.

Thanks!

throwinbombs

I took advantage of this offer today starting my next billing period!

Thank you PM!

AkshataShetty

Thanks. This is a great plan for new joiners as well.

throwinbombs

thank you!

Macaleken

Good deal!

Rose25

True. The rewards that PM offers is the best. 

Yeah they haven't made that move here. They did chop the price of data add-ons to half price so by going that route you don't have to suffer through what would be extremely low speed “unlimited data” since the normal speed here isn’t blazing fast. If you just want unlimited data for the “just in case” situation like you hit empty a day early, data add-ons here work well as the unused portion carries over after renewal to kick in again some time in the future when you might run short. And PM has the Best Rewards I believe, making it possible to significantly lower your monthly bill.

AE_Collector

shiven23

ooo i got public mobile thinking i will have internet at lower speed 😞 just like freedom  , chatr and lucky mobile

Rose25

No. The internet would get cut off once it reaches the limit. 

shiven23

true

shiven23

do you offer unlimited internet at low speed after 2gb gets finish?

The only person I knew who was on Koodo was recruited to PM by me. Good job AE_Collector!

Pawprints1986

Yup, those are the bring your own device prices! @AE_Collector crazy eh? 

@Pawprints1986 

Is that just straight service from Koodo, not for a tab to save money towards a replacement phone as well?

AE_Collector

Pawprints1986

@mkg20 yup, koodo is too. Right now they want $45 for 1gb! It's not even possible to add another gig on. They want $35 for talk and text only... Crazy. 

Over time they went from being the affordable alternative to being another giant. I know telus is *even* more, but koodo used to be affordable... They've gotten ridiculous imo

@mkg20 

Yes, Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.