cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

@mpscotia that is actually a great idea! this would be easy for pm to add to the plan. 2.5gb with auto-pay sounds really good!

the unlimited data is a fail. you can barely do anything on it...

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I actually bought a Lucky SIM month or so ago and tried the $15 data only package that throttled so I could see how the throttled data worked for *my* uses. I thought the throttled data worked great (again for my uses)!

Spotify streamed a song continuously with 1-2 seconds of initial buffering. Google maps worked perfect. Email was easy as was IM. Chrome worked surprisingly well as did my Facebook lite app. Duo audio worked flawlessly. I even tried a Facebook video call and the sound worked fine but I was playing at 1-2fps. 🙂 But I use my phone mostly as a communications tool and not as a media consumption device and being able to stay connected on throttled data was great and hope PM follows suit.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I found I had similar experiences as @mpscotia  with Lucky's unlimited data when I did a test a number of months ago. No video streaming and some web pages were quite slow, but most other things did work fine, including Spotify.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agree. While I'm aware that you cannot do too much with 128kb/s, basic things like iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber would continue to work and that's really important to me.. I'm on verge to switch to Lucky just cause of that.. You know, communication will be working even if you use all the data.. 

Highlighted

I have following promos applied to my account 

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
- 1GB Promo

Which ones are ‘non-stackable’ of these three  i.e. which ones will I loose if I switch my plan to $30 2 GB plan?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aaleem wrote:

- 1GB Promo

Which ones are ‘non-stackable’ of these three  i.e. which ones will I loose if I switch my plan to $30 2 GB plan?

None of them. You'll keep all as long as they are listed as add-ons.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aaleem Those were all 1 time giveaways that you should keep regardless of the plan you are on.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@aaleem wrote:

- 1GB Promo

@aaleem

Since these appear to be add-ons, they are linked to your account and not to your plan. You are free to switch your plan without any risk of losing add-ons.

Highlighted

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer ... what does 'limited time offer' actually mean in terms of duration for Public mobile  ?. days ,weeks or months .....I have seen most of these limited time promos lasting for a year , over the last 3 years

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aaleem let's see what chatr does, they're lagging behind right now. if they change their plan to $30/1.5gb I can see the plan staying longer. I hope this plan replaces the $35 plan. 

and if we can get pm to add that extra 500mb for auto-pay. 😉 then we don't even need the $35/3gb 

make it rain on 'em! 🍾