Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

175 REPLIES 175

jstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstyles wrote:

Hi,

Also does this plan promo still offer $2.00 off autopay? 

thank you 

@jstyles- Yes, you would still be eligible for the $2 autopay discount (plus all other PM rewards)

jstyles

Hi,

Also does this plan promo still offer $2.00 off autopay? 

thank you 

@MoreYummy wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

wondering when will this promo ends.   It is a good plan.

@MoreYummy   You may already know this but just in case, you can schedule a plan change at next renewal if you think you may want this plan, that way even if PM ended this promotion today you would still be guaranteed to get this plan on renewal.  You also always have the option to cancel the plan change before your renewal should you change your mind about it.

Somehow I think this plan may become permanent as I don't think too many customers are going to be interested in paying another $5 monthly (from $25 plan) just for another 500MB if PM were to go back to the original $30 plan.  However, PM may decide to just go back to the previous version of this plan if their competitor' also removes their promo.

Yes, i know that process.   the reason im asking is for new subscriber who wants to come over.   😉

@MoreYummy   Yeah, I thought you might but it was just in case.  😊

@dabr wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

@MoreYummy   You may already know this but just in case, you can schedule a plan change at next renewal if you think you may want this plan, that way even if PM ended this promotion today you would still be guaranteed to get this plan on renewal.  You also always have the option to cancel the plan change before your renewal should you change your mind about it.

Somehow I think this plan may become permanent as I don't think too many customers are going to be interested in paying another $5 monthly (from $25 plan) just for another 500MB if PM were to go back to the original $30 plan.  However, PM may decide to just go back to the previous version of this plan if their competitor' also removes their promo.

Yes, i know that process.   the reason im asking is for new subscriber who wants to come over.   😉

@MoreYummy wrote:

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MoreYummy wrote:

Not to get all FOMO on you, but if you're at all interested in the plan, go for it now rather than later. As others have said, you never know when PM will pull the plug on these types of promos.

It is only available for a limited time.  PM could end the promo with little notice.

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

sherrilynn

Love the fact I can change plans and get better rates/plans

@Joanne1970 If your plan is suspended and you didn't pay last week. When you contact the moderators ask them to switch your plan to the $30 plan now, apply the payment and reactivate your service for you.

If not just ask them to reset your service and set your plan to change at next renewal. Stay safe. 

Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Joanne1970

It will not allow me to do auto pay. Had trouble last week. Also want to change my plan to the 30.00 special going on. This has been nothing but a nightmare 

She

I was told photos and text as long they originated from Canada.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I find it interesting that data is now limited to 3mbps but it didn't used to be? Did the limitation ability not exist until more recently ? 🤔

@Pawprints1986 

Data on PM's "3G" plans, even as it runs on the LTE network, has always had capped speed since its introduction. First it was 2.5 Mbps, then upped to 3.0 Mbps.

Pawprints1986

I find it interesting that data is now limited to 3mbps but it didn't used to be? Did the limitation ability not exist until more recently ? 🤔

brettster99

@Rose25 

Like you I haven’t even notice a difference. They limit 4G to 3G speeds but don’t cap 3G speeds so that’s why most people don’t feel or see a difference. I stream videos sometimes and never had an issue and never buffered.

And you do get to keep your rewards you have already got. @Lor 

Rose25

@Lor 

I've used both 3G and 4G and haven't felt much of a difference between them. Plus the prices of a 3G plan are way lower than that of a 4G plan. For me, a 3G plan is better. 

Reynolds10

Great deal! Snag it up while you can!

@Lor 

You would save $10/30 days but go from 4G to “3G like” and gain no data while losing the flexibility of the 90 days to use the 6Gb of data. Not a big gain considering the losses. If you were constantly running out of data then a change to the $40/5Gb plan would give you loads more data for the same price with the only downside being the drop to 3G like speeds.

Personally 3G / 4G, makes no difference to me though.

AE_Collector

@Lor wrote:

Do you experience a difference between the 3G network versus the 4G network?

Also, do  you keep all the "refer a friend, loyalty and autopay" discounts?

I've been on the 6 GB, $120 for 3 months plan for years now but it's the 4G network if i'm not mistaken.  It's good because some months I use more than 2 GB and others less, so it gives me freedom to spread the 6 GB into 3 months.

If there isn't much difference between 3G and 4G network and if i can still keep my discounts, I will consider switching to the  new promo

Thanks

I don't notice any big difference...but I don't stream music or movies.

You'll keep your Rewards, but you'll be billed every 30 days instead of 90.

Give it a good think, because if you change to a newer plan now you won't be permitted to go back to your old discontinued plan.

I'm glad I changed to the $25 plan.

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lor There is not much of a difference. 3G is so much better because its way cheaper. 

If i had to use my 3G data as home internet with 4 other people using it, Then I would say its terrible.

For browsing the web, Watching YouTube, Using social media its perfectly fine. You may even be able to stream Netflix. Just not in 4K

Also its not actual 3G. Its still 4G just they throttle your connection speed to 3mbps. 

Lor

Do you experience a difference between the 3G network versus the 4G network?

Also, do  you keep all the "refer a friend, loyalty and autopay" discounts?

I've been on the 6 GB, $120 for 3 months plan for years now but it's the 4G network if i'm not mistaken.  It's good because some months I use more than 2 GB and others less, so it gives me freedom to spread the 6 GB into 3 months.

If there isn't much difference between 3G and 4G network and if i can still keep my discounts, I will consider switching to the  new promo

Thanks

Rose25

@premlooned 

I guess since the offer time limit has got over, it might not be available. You can check whether the offer is still available or can search for other offers in the PM website

Anonymous
Not applicable

@premlooned wrote:

I received sms on my phone wd $ 10 plans.. but failed to reply in 3 days time given, noticed now.

How can I redeem this free offer of  GB + 1000 minutes...

Any help please ?

Thanks

I would say you snoozed and you lost. It came out, a reply was apparently required, a response was given, then it was added to accounts today.

But have a look at your self-serve add-ons to see if maybe they were added anyway.

premlooned
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received sms on my phone wd $ 10 plans.. but failed to reply in 3 days time given, noticed now.

How can I redeem this free offer of  GB + 1000 minutes...

Any help please ?

Thanks

@Amanda17 

In almost all cases you want to choose “change at next renewal” so you don't lose the remainder of your existing 30 day plan. The system will automatically change you to the plan you selected at the end of your Current 30 day plan. Sounds like you maybe didn’t notice the two buttons down at the bottom so nothing has changed yet.

AE_Collector

@Amanda17 hi there are two options when changing your plan. " change immediately" or "change at next renewal date" which option did you pick?

to confirm you have a plan change in progress. login to your self serve click "plans and add-ons" tab. check to see if there is a pending $30/2gb plan

Amanda17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded my plan and paid for it (on top

of the $25 I’ve already paid for this month), but I still don’t have any additional data and my plan hasn’t been changed on my account. It has been over a week since I changed the plan and no results. How do I proceed? Thank you!

Daps

@TriguyI thought the reward for autopay is $2.

@michealkearns78if you are receiving $1 reward, it must be for something else.

To earn the $2 autopay reward, you can follow the instructions here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.