Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@shercon 

Contact moderators to port.

Two ways the reach them.

1-. 

Simon.JPG

2- or private message them at link below.

Click here 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shercon wrote:

New customer from Koodo and cannot port my number?  Standing by on updates for when this service will be available.  

You can port from Kooodo (even Koodo prepaid). It's just that if you do it yourself after the activation has already been completed, all porting needs to be done by asking a moderator. 

Koodo prepaid cannot be ported in during activation, but that isn't anything new. 

You havve to ask the moderators in all cases for porting a prepaid Koodo number to Public.  This means that for current prepaid Koodo customer who want to port to Public Mobile, nothing has changed.

Highlighted

@Alan_K  

When going to publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and typing in "port request", this now sends customers directly to the private messaging window.  Is that a glitch and are private messages still being given lower priority?

On a good note, I've noticed that when asking for a porting, moderator response time appears to be less than an hour during regular operational hours.   

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Alan_K  

When going to publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and typing in "port request", this now sends customers directly to the private messaging window.  Is that a glitch and are private messages still being given lower priority?

On a good note, I've noticed that when asking for a porting, moderator response time appears to be less than an hour during regular operational hours.   

@computergeek541 We had a hiccup over the weekend on the chatbot form specific to the porting flow. The diversion to private message is temporary and the plan is to reinstate the form at some point this morning.

Great to hear you're seeing such a quick Moderator response!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K   Thank you Alan for keeping us informed.  You da best!   Cheers

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is this still ongoing? And will there be an announcement when its done? Thankyou.

Highlighted

@zblackma wrote:

Is this still ongoing? And will there be an announcement when its done? Thankyou.

Customers still need to ask a moderator to port a phone number in.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm hoping someone can help me with submitting a ticket to port a number. I have completed all the required fields but the "Next" box and the "Submit ticket" box remain greyed out. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there an ongoing issue with the porting process? Thanks.

Highlighted

@Dav222 

You'll need to go here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private mesage to the moderators. I suggest using Port Request as the title of the message.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks computergeek541 for the quick reply. Will follow your advice. Cheers!