cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Hi, just wondered if this is still going on ?Considering switching from koodo as I can save $12 per month for the plan I want and I'm lower income... I still have to buy a Sim card too. 

Is there any way to try the porting before choosing a plan ?In case it doesn't work so that way I'm not having to pay 2 providers until it's resolved 

Also, any step by step guides as far as how porting would work? Any fees associated with it ?

Thanks !!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Pawprints1986  there is no way to test the port before its actually done. The good news is that SIMS are now $5. Both Koodo and PM  are owned by Telus. If your account is a Koodo prepaid account,  moderators are required to port your number. Your Kood account must be active to port.

There are no fees associated with porting. Also, if you use a referral code on SIM activation, you get a $10 one time credit. If you require one, ask someone here for theirs. Here is a link on activation  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

Highlighted

I will need a referral code, I've just ordered a Sim, hopefully it won't take too long with covid19 delays. I am koodo post paid though as of now. 

Do you happen to know if there will be any fees on koodos side of things upon switching ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 are you with Koodo prepaid or postpaid?  Thanks. If it's prepaid, then there should be no fees. If postpaid, its best to contact them and find out.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  Unless you are still under contract for your device then there will be no cancellation fees and your plan will be prorated from the day you port out.

Highlighted

By prorated, do you mean partial month charge from koodo, and partial charge from public mobile? 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

By prorated, do you mean partial month charge from koodo, and partial charge from public mobile? 

Public Mobile doesn't prorate. It's all or nothing here.

Highlighted

So would they have just been referring to partial charges from koodo for my last partial month?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

So would they have just been referring to partial charges from koodo for my last partial month?

When you port out from a Koodo postpaid account, you would have been blled ahead of time for a full month. Unless you port out on the last day of the Koodo billing cycle, Koodo will owe you a refund for the unused amount of days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  You have two options when activating your public mobile sim/account. Port your number in upon activation (with koodo postpaid almost always a quick and easy process.) Or choose a temporary number making sure all your services are up and running (calling, texting, data) and then port your number over from koodo. Normally you could do this yourself from within your account but currently you will have to contact the moderators to do this for you.

The advantage of taking a temporary number first is if you do have an issue with your port you will have a working phone service while you wait to get it fixed by the moderators or the telus porting department.