cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

What's the expected timeline for someone to get back to me?  I submitted a ticket last week midweek, and nothing so far? Would keenly like to get my Koodo # ported into PM and stop paying for two accounts! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@shercon   You should submit another ticket if it's been more that 2 days since your last one.  Did you use chatbot SIMon or private message.  Here is the link to private message Moderator_Team if used chatbot last time :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Just be aware the moderators are a little shorthanded right now because of the current pandemic and that is probably one of the reasons why there is a delay in response timeline.

@shercon  Make sure to write edit: "Port request" in your heading when contacting moderators.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@shercon  Make sure to write "Number Port" in your heading when contacting moderators.

All sound advice in that post, except one TINY thing.....  the wording should probably be "port request".  I doubt it would be an issue, but you just never know, so it's probably better safe than sorry.....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  Thanks!  I think you are right about the wording, so will edit.

On another note, it looks like the Quote function is unavailable again by expanding the toolbar, although I haven't tried the edit workaround and probably won't as it's too much messing around.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

On another note, it looks like the Quote function is unavailable again by expanding the toolbar, although I haven't tried the edit workaround and probably won't as it's too much messing around.

Odd, it's been working fine for me, so far today. 🤔 

As for "too much messing around", when it's not showing up, and I really want to use it, I post a quick, partial reply, then immediately hit the "Edit" function, use the quote button, and then carry on finishing my original reply..... it's worked well, while causing a wee bit of confusion only once, so far.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Shercon just wondered if you tried to port while activating? Not sure if I should hold off trying to port ofif it's still not working? ... My card is still in the mail anyway but just wasn't sure... 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 if you are Koodo postpaid, you can port on activation.  If prepaid, you need to activate with temporary number and then contact a moderator to port for you.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma so is porting on activation back to being fully functional ? That's the only part I was beginning to wonder. But yes I'm post paid koodo as of now

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  the problem never existed with porting at activation, but with porting later from within your self service account. (Koodo prepaid always required moderators to port. Since its not really a port, but a back office account transfer, since both companies are owned by Telus).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@Pawprints1986  the problem never existed with porting at activation, but with porting later from within your self service account. (Koodo prepaid always required moderators to port. Since its not really a port, but a back office account transfer, since both companies are owned by Telus).

Well, that's a wee bit misleading, because Telus and Koodo postpaid are owned by Telus, and porting numbers from them doesn't require Moderator intervention(except currently, due to the ongoing maintenance), i.e. it's only Koodo prepaid that requires it..... something about the two Telus owned prepaid services sharing "backend" infrastructure, and therefore, needing to do that "back office account transfer".