Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

@Jade_S 

👎

softech
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren  no, i am not even talking about those hardward contract.. i am just talking about those BYOD plans.. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jade_S 

Well this promotion is a whole lotta disappointment....it's poorly priced at $70. As already mentioned it would be more appealing at $60 and then it would be welcomed by those who need a larger data plan.

The timing of it's marketing is odd as well given the current promotion available until June 30th when using the promocode 2GBBONUS on $35+ plans that adds 2gb of monthly plan data. When compared to the $50/10.5gb plan w/2gb bonus=12.5gb to spend $20 more for $70/15.5gb or 17.5gb if the 2GBBONUS can be applied to this limited time offer.

When you look at the breakdown of cost per GB of data the numbers are revealing....

Plan cost          Reg data plan/+2gb bonus    Reg plan(-$15)/+2gb bonus

$70                            $4.51/$4                                   $3.66/$3.14

$50                           $4.76/$4                                   $3.33/$2.80

$40                            $8/$5.70                                       $5/$3.57

$35                           $11.61/$7                                    $6.66/$4

$25                            $25/ n/a                                       $10/ n/a

($15 subtracted to reflect the $10 base plan and $5 for calling and texting)

When you upgrade your plan the price per GB decreases except for the new $70/15.5gb plan. The extra data costs $5/gb for the $35 plan, $2.50/gb for $40 plan,$1.81/gb for$50 plan but costs $4/gb for the $70 plan and even if priced at $60 it's $2/gb. The $10 extra between the $40 and $50 plan not only includes 5.5gb of data but unlimited US calling which when factoring in it's value makes the $1.81/gb price even cheaper.

I think I know now why this is a limited time offer.....just like the provincial calling plans and the limited time $5 off canada wide calling plans. Back to the drawing board for the marketing team!

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

chatr has had this plan for over a month now. im surprised pm didn't offer it sooner. I guess it's Lucky's turn to lead the pack on the next promo/offer. public already lead the pack with the 10gb plan

they are a Trinity/pyramid. they are one...

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

$70 a month is insane on a discount brand, or any brand for that matter!

Beyond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2GBBONUS For free 2Gb of bonus data

Beyond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2GBBONUS Just use this in promo code when you change your plan for free 2Gb bonus

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Beyond wrote:

2GBBONUS Just use this in promo code when you change your plan for free 2Gb bonus

That doesn't work. Current customers don't get the bonus 2GB.

chainsawcowboy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jade_S 

If I was going to pay that much for data I would want the frills that go with it. Full speed 4G LTE, call centre, unlimited throttled data, voLTE calling etc...

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lol ... lots of judgement here about  the potential success of the plan .  Keep in mind that it is those that purchase a plan like this that keep the prices low for the rest of us at the low use end of the scale . 

It would be nice if they  took some of the resources spent on developing a plan like this and improved some of the system interactions with current customers . But who knows what goes on in the heads of of Canadian telecom company mangement . . I had to chuckle  when I went to check Canadian  company performance  reviews  when @darlicious  dissed my suggestion of  Fido as a reasonable provider . The best one  started at 2.5 and went down from there . Sad really and this plan from my prospective would seem to just be another example of the games they play .

Need Help? Let's chat.