cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popping
Oracle

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

@Jade_S 

To compensate for the 3Mbps data speed, let add US roaming to this plan as travel restrictions will be removed soon without staying at hotel for 14 days when people return to Canada.  Then, PM will be leading in the tier 3 race again.

Couple of years ago, PM had a $60 plan with US roaming.  It was a popular plan.

Have a better and better days|

Stay positive, test negative and have a great summer.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would not be surprised if Public Mobile goes weeks with only a very small handful of activations on this plan.

You mean like baby hands? Or three-fingered sloth hands? 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@Jade_S 

To compensate for the 3Mbps data speed, let add US roaming to this plan as travel restrictions will be removed soon without staying at hotel for 14 days when people return to Canada.  Then, PM will be leading in the tier 3 race again.

@popping yes I was thinking the same thing.  Make it a new version of the old $60 plan but with quite a bit more domestic data. That would be an appealing plan.  As-is, not so much.

@SD08 wrote:

An underwhelming plan compared to what others are offering, especially since PM's data is capped at 3G speed.. PM hasn't been a leader for a long time and it seems they won't be as long as they get their marching orders from Telus.

@SD08 definitely disappointing.  On the other hand, people have been clamoring for a larger data bucket plan from PM for as long as I can remember, so this is at least a step in the right direction.  I'm guessing like most responders so far that there won't be much uptake on this plan, but I guess time will tell!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
srlawren
Moved:

Moving my own post to the lounge, as it's clearly off-topic 🙂

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would not be surprised if Public Mobile goes weeks with only a very small handful of activations on this plan.

You mean like baby hands? Or three-fingered sloth hands? 🙂

It wouldn't make a difference. Do you think that there will be much demand for this? Who activates with Public Mobile to pay $70 per 30 days?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Interesting. I didn't get the red box.

@srlawren : In the lounge...took me a while...oh.. I see. 🙂 Funny with the 4 different brandings on the image. Two of them are related anyway.

@computergeek541 : I of course have zero interest in this plan. But some folks are the type to pick up the maximum anything.

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you can afford a phone plan at this rate, you probably wouldn't choose public mobile in the first place ha-ha

ShawnC13
Oracle

As others have said disappointing.  It is like the PM marketing team are in a locked room and has no access to what others are offering.  Marketing types are supposed to be free-thinking and innovative, let them do that and see what they can come up with.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks pretty useless to me; just renew your $50 plan early if needed and you're not committed every month. 
Plus 30 gb for $80 on the big 3 is much better deal if you really need big data; and it's unthrottled LTE.

Not a very promising foray into big data plans for PM customers. 😩

srlawren

@benfatto wrote:

Plus 30 gb for $80 on the big 3 is much better deal if you really need big data; and it's unthrottled LTE.

@benfatto yes, plus has unlimited (heavily-throttled) data if you manage to use up all the full-speed data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.