cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimmo
Oracle

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

@gpixel4  thanks  for the info re chatr,  if it's good enough for chatr it's good enough for pm.  Wish they started putting competitive response in announcements again. 

If we want to see better plans at PM we need to encourage lucky or chatr for an innovative plan, the PM marketing team seems really good at copying and pasting...  That being said it's always easier to criticize then create.  What plans would people have pm offer?   Remembering pm is here to make money not just give away service.

I would:

• get rid of 500 min Canada wide and introduce $20 base unlimited talk text no data. 
  • Introduce expiring data add-ons  say after 90 days

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

What plans would people have pm offer?   

I'm on a plan that is perfect for me now  ... so what can I say ... if they want me to stay a customer for sure its not a plan change  that needs to happen  ... it's  fixes to customer service . Looking at the customer  service ratings of  Canadian telecom companies as a whole, that is also one of the offerings that may even bring in the most new customers  instead of focusing on trying to compete in the slimy telecom retail market in a big way . 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo : That's a big fat negatory no no no to expiring add-ons. This place and Koodo are the only ones that I know of that don't expire. Don't even think of such heresy. 🙂

And Public Mobile did do an attempt to lead a while ago. Remember the provincial plans debacle? A half-hearted attempt at following was made but it all got shelved in the end.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

It would be nice if they  took some of the resources spent on developing a plan like this and improved some of the system interactions with current customers.

@barndoor 

I don't think there would be much improvement given the resources pm spent on coming up with this plan. I suggest they fire the marketing team and listen to their customers. Public mobile used to regularily ask for feedback from the community and implement changes based on those opinions. Ever since those almost monthly threads have basically disappeared and they have relied on their marketing team they have come up with whole lotta "What the......?!!"

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

I suggest they fire the marketing team and listen to their customers. 

If that's not what i said it's what I meant . 😄

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

hopefully they decide to increase the throttle limit. I'm still pushing 21mb not the 3mb

*nvm I'm still at full speed 100+

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

I would:

• get rid of 500 min Canada wide and introduce $20 base unlimited talk text no data. 
  • Introduce expiring data add-ons  say after 90 days

I certainly hope PM doesn't go this route, as noted by Z10user4, only PM and Koodo have non-expiring add-ons and that it is one of the most attractive thing going for this budget carrier (plus rewards, of course) compared to the competition.   Plus would that mean that anyone on the $10/15 plans would no longer be able to add mins/data as they needed?

Not everyone needs or is interested in having unlimited mins and I would think the $25 plan with 1GB data along with unlimited talk/text would be the better value plan than one that costs a mere $5 less for unlimited talk/text only.  JMO..

I do agree with everyone that this latest offer is probably less than ideal for anyone looking into budget plans/carriers and is probably likely to be either updated (hopefully) or removed before long anyways...

fujiyama
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is certainly unexpected but there must be a demand for them to release this so... Nice! lol

Now that they've used the "let's beat our most expensive plan" idea, I hope they go the other way and also beat the cheapest plan: $10 plan anyone? 👻

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just happened to have a few minutes to spare working on my house to see if public was doing anything different. Wow. Just wow. The might have fallen with this and the province wide thing. I agree with everything everyone have said here. What they should be focusing on is improving the self serve page to be easier to use and not have so many different tabs. It should be condensed by different sections. Billing. Plan. Add ons. Account. Which would simplify the website and easier to find what you want and not be distracted by all the other tabs. Or they could also try to offer this plan at a lower price. Or they could implement add ons that are only for the specific higher priced plans that you can get unlimited data for an extra x of dollars as an add on. That's with me just thinking about this for a couple minutes while the marketing team have weeks to think. It's as if PM doesn't care about it's customers any more @Jade_S  

softech
Mayor / Maire

oh yes.. the $70 plan was just a copy and paste from Lucky and Chatr.

I notice that PM has been in a position to just respond to its competitors lately.  When they have new promotion, then PM follows, same with plans. 

The only thing innovational lately was ill-fated Provincial Callings.. PM thought they could create a trend out of it.. they withdrew.

Need Help? Let's chat.