cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

honest, don't think the plan is competitive at all.  If I am paying that much, I think shop around  and there are better deals out there.  

It's true those other plans might lock you in a  contract , but they offer 4G + VoLTE.   

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Definitely not a competitive plan comparing to other providers. Higher price, less and slower data. I don't think it will fly...

coachleo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone at Public Mobile / Telus needs to be reminded that they only offer 3G data, (with no customer service call center).  All plans rates should be at least cut in half or start offering 4G/ LTE or even 5G.  As mentioned in previous comments, why would anyone sign up for this $70 plan at 3G when other companies are offering similar or better options with 4G??

Would be nice if $99 unlimited talk and text prepaid for the year plans were offered and/or $300 with 8GB per month or something.

How about some data only plans?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Woah just logged into the foum and saw this. I was not expecting this of PM. 

I dont really find this seeking popularity. An extra 5GB for 20$ more than the 50$ plan, really ? The big 3 can offer this for the same price with unlimited data and 4G speeds. 

Would work if 10$ or more was shaved off the price. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Jade_S 

It's great news that we are finally getting new bigger plans. Great move forward

Are you sure it's not typo?

I truly have feeling it should be $60.

Would win lots of kids over with that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Love to see PM with more different plans.   But $70 for 15GB.. would love to see PM does better than this.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

It's true those other plans might lock you in a  contract , but they offer 4G + VoLTE.   

@softech not really any more.  If you purchase hardware through the provider on a monthly payment plan, then you're contractually obligated to that part and would have to pay off any remaining device balance if/when you cancel (which is fair--if I closed my account at my bank I wouldn't expect them to let me keep the car or house I financed through them without paying it off); however, you can cancel the service at any time without penalty.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
will13am
Oracle

This offering completely misses the mark.  This service is most used by frugal customers who are not in need of huge data buckets and expensive plans.  For the select few who are, there are certainly better options out there that cost less for the same features.  

NDesai
Oracle

Like most of you said, this plan doesn't seem to be worth it. Not sure what marketing team is thinking. They might have pulled some data of customers leaving PM and joining Telus or other brands for plans with more data then what PM offered. In any case, PM should be keeping their price lower than other tiers above them. Different story if they were offering with full LTE and VoLTE that you can get elsewhere for less than $70. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jade_S 

Not even close to a worthy addition to the selection of plan offerings.

C'mon Public Mobile, you GOTTA do better than that!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.