cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Public Mobile

Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

Update as of November 1, 2019: This offer is now expired.

 

Hey Community,

 

Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

 

How to Get this Offer:

  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Public Mobile Kiosks

 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!


@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

 

Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

 

How to Get this Offer:

  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique

 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team


But I thought the SIM cards were always free if you activated at Walmart. But perhaps they just used to be free when we set up our accounts many months ago initially just to try out PM on the $10/month plans and later up them to the awesome $15 plan. Noticed that PM grandfathered the $10 limited plan that in my opinion will result in fewer persons just trying out PM before they cancel their plans with other providers. Under the present set up we would have never switched from Bell to PM.

 

PS.  I will revise my comments above -Yes.. yes even under the present plans offered by PM we would still have switched from Bell to PM ----- just checked Bell's prepaid plans and none can hold a candle next to the great plans offered by PM. 

 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

So just to clarify, anyone activating between now and the 1st gets this, even without a referral code. Is that correct?

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!


@kelvarnsen wrote:

So just to clarify, anyone activating between now and the 1st gets this, even without a referral code. Is that correct?


Someone activating in-store on a $25+ plan until November 1st 11:59PM EDT would receive a free sim card AND a one-time $10 credit if a referral code is used during activation.

 

Using a referral code is optional (there just won't be a $10 account credit if you don't). The sim would still be free with this promotion.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .

Tags (1)

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!


@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .


This promo was only offered earlier this morning.  Your activation on Wednesday isn't within the dates specified.  Sorry about your luck.

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!


@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .


I know that many people have received free sim cards when activating at Walmart. However, since this is something they don't advertise, it's not something that you can hold them to. As always, consumers are always free to shop around and to look for the best price or services.  If you do wish for someone to get back to you, it's really thw Walmart location that I would try speaking to, but they charged you the officially advertised price.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

Hello,

I wish I saw this earlier. I just bought a sim card and used a referral code to receive $10 credit for opening a new account and in my profile page or in my outstanding balance it doesn say that I received it? 

Can you help me

thank you

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!


@jstyles wrote:

Hello,

I wish I saw this earlier. I just bought a sim card and used a referral code to receive $10 credit for opening a new account and in my profile page or in my outstanding balance it doesn say that I received it? 

Can you help me

thank you


The official Public Mobile information about that offer says to give it up to 72 hours for that $10 credit to appear in your Public Mobile account balance.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

Meh, I just activated a new line last night and I just couldnt bring myself to go into a store and activate to save the $10.

 

Even when I WAS in a walmart trying to get a sim card back in early Sept the guy was just on the PM website trying to activate it. I refused to give him any of my info. I just wanted to buy the sim card... nope.... he wouldnt do it so I left without it. I went right across the street and bought 2 sims from london drugs and just used the 2nd one last night. 

 

Time to order another one from Amazon as a backup now. :thumbsup:

 

EDIT: OH WOW, they are only 7.69 each right now with free prime shipping.