cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of November 1, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Public Mobile Kiosks

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

59 REPLIES 59

KB5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got it sorted after. Thanks for the help!

@KB5 wrote:

I wish I had been told this when I bought my sim card ay Walmart earlier!

@KB5  Did you only buy your SIM card at Wal-Mart or did you activate there as weĺl? Or have you activated yet? If you activated in store go back and get a refund or a free SIM card that you can use/sell it to activate a friend in the future...and get the $20 bonus refer a friend credit if it's still available. If you haven't activated yet go back for the same deal. Ask for a refund or get a free SIM when activating and save the SIM card for.....

KB5

I wish I had been told this when I bought my sim card ay Walmart earlier!

@Jeff8 wrote:

I take the advantage of the promotion, the free month is free.

should I not be charged on Nov?

If you activated between October 25 to 27th (inclusive) on a $25 or higher plan, you would have (or will) receive an account credit equal to your plan price.

Jeff8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I take the advantage of the promotion, the free month is free.

should I not be charged on Nov?

Oct 31 + 30 days = Nov 30 renewal. Login to your account, click My Rewards to see the precise dates payment will be required/taken.

NOTE: if your payment has not been made by midnight Nov 29, and you do not have autopay activated, your service will stop until payment has been made. If autopay is active the withdrawal will be made on Nov 30.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeff8

I went to walmart nearby to activate a line, they charge 10 dollars plus tax to activate a SIM Card, I have showed them the promotion.

what about the first free month ? they are not clear about that even I showed them the promotion?

I activated on Oct 31, 2019, would I be charged the payment on Nov 30 or Dec 31?

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What a great offer! 
Thanks Public Mobile.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

When I saw the $0 flash deal from my email, I went to Londondrugs, they said they dont have that deal to offer, So I went to Superstore and got free sim card and next 30 days free.

When a store says no, shop where your wallet takes you.  Unless the store is the only one near, why pay and then be upset about it after?

yanzhiqiang

When I saw the $0 flash deal from my email, I went to Londondrugs, they said they dont have that deal to offer, So I went to Superstore and got free sim card and next 30 days free.

tericameron

London Drugs in British Columbia also sells Piblic Mobile sim cards and phone time.

@Rolex wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .

I know that many people have received free sim cards when activating at Walmart. However, since this is something they don't advertise, it's not something that you can hold them to. As always, consumers are always free to shop around and to look for the best price or services.  If you do wish for someone to get back to you, it's really thw Walmart location that I would try speaking to, but they charged you the officially advertised price.

To avoid problems it's best to print out the offers and show them to the Walmart clerks. 

@Rolex  That is excellent advice.

@Simoneabolarind  your issue is with Wal-Mart. I would take the advice of @Rolex  and/or a device showing the current promo and speak with the manager of the mobile dealer in Wal-Mart as they are a separate subcontractor under the Wal-Mart umbrella and may or may not follow Wal-Mart policies. Be sure to phone ahead to make sure they are there when you ask for a refund.

Rolex

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I was charge $10 in walmart store on Wednesday when u activated a line and i specifically told the guy at the store but he refused and told me i have to pay. Can someone get back to me asap. Thank .

I know that many people have received free sim cards when activating at Walmart. However, since this is something they don't advertise, it's not something that you can hold them to. As always, consumers are always free to shop around and to look for the best price or services.  If you do wish for someone to get back to you, it's really thw Walmart location that I would try speaking to, but they charged you the officially advertised price.

To avoid problems it's best to print out the offers and show them to the Walmart clerks. 

yanzhiqiang

Yes.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

only if these promo were retoactive Smiley Wink

LSMRTN

Yes, that's what I did.  Great deal!

@s_shard wrote:

I activated at Walmart and got my free SIM, but the employee didn't mention any other rewards like the monthly $2 with autopay.  Use the links below to keep up to date on Public Mobile rewards.

If you haven't already, you can still take advantage of autopay but you would have already lost the first $2 reward. You can still get it for the next renewal.

s_shard

I activated at Walmart and got my free SIM, but the employee didn't mention any other rewards like the monthly $2 with autopay.  Use the links below to keep up to date on Public Mobile rewards.

You can sign up to be emailed promotions at the bottom of this page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

You can read about the rewards here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=rewards&subcategory=types-of-rewards  

GTB86

Thank you for letting us all know. Let's see if I can convince my Mom to switch from Fido!

@Dunkman wrote:

@1965 wrote:

I was reffered by a co-worker. Gave them name & information requested.

@1965 

Did you enter the referral code of your co-worker?  If so, you should have received the $10 friend referral credit within 72 hours (usually next day).  

London drugs was not listed in the participating vendors for the free SIM card.  Usually, these promotions is valid via all vendors.  

You can try to contact moderator with your above issues.  Click on quesiton mark on the right lower corner on website.  State your issue to Simon and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

• @Dunkman  That is true so I called ahead of time and they were aware of the promotion so either on their own or thru their price match policy they had no problem giving the free SIM card. At least at the cambie and Broadway location ( very non judgemental towards pm) and excellent customer service as mentioned by many pm customers. Despite what the promo lists as retailers I messaged a moderator who researched it and he listed these as all the participating retailers: Wal-Mart, the Mobile shop, Wow mobile, Cellurific and CP. London drugs was not listed but any major retailer with a price match policy and an authorized dealer of pm should (by their own policy) price match a free SIM card promotion.

@1965 wrote:

Activated recently @ london drugs.

Was not aware..could i have a credit if the 10.00 i paid.

@1965  Read my post to both @ajanzen and @LJW  to see your options and/or enter in the search bar Re: Free sim card w/online activation at London drugs? My post of my first experience with activation at pm and how I eventually got a refund for the sim card.

@1965 wrote:

@1965 

Did you enter the referral code of your co-worker?  If so, you should have received the $10 friend referral credit within 72 hours (usually next day).  

London drugs was not listed in the participating vendors for the free SIM card.  Usually, these promotions is valid via all vendors.  

You can try to contact moderator with your above issues.  Click on quesiton mark on the right lower corner on website.  State your issue to Simon and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

@juice 

Please remove referral code informaiton.  It is generally not allowed to publically adverstize your number on this public forum.  

juice

Even if you paided $10 for the SIM (like me), you can still get a $10 credit. Just use the promo code from a friend when you activate online: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ 

Removed référence to a promo code as it is not allowed in the forum.  stonechucker.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@1965Did you use the referral code or you gave the referral code to someone else? If it is the latter, you won't get $10 only $1 / month as long as the person is using the service.

Hey i gave a referal but did not receive any 10 credit

What about london drugs

Activated recently @ london drugs.

Was not aware..could i have a credit if the 10.00 i paid.

@janezhen wrote:

No. They didn't offer me that. They posted the SIM card price is $9.99.

You had to pay for sim because you activated yourself. It's only free if you do it at store. Maybe, ask them the next time.

Need Help? Let's chat.