cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get a SIM for $0 when you activate in-store!

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

As it turns out @Alan_K needs to be a tad more precise with the flash promo announcements wording... An account credit isn't quite the same as 0$ (implying free) unless the tax is also credited... Hehe! 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lukevader wrote:

Time to order another one from Amazon as a backup now. :thumbsup:

Mind explaining why you buy several Sim cards as "backup", is it that you lose your phone often? 

Curious... 

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
      • Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

As it turns out @Alan_K needs to be a tad more precise with the flash promo announcements wording... An account credit isn't quite the same as 0$ (implying free) unless the tax is also credited... Hehe! 

The free sim promotion is not via an account credit. There is no up front cost for the sim card, not even tax.

As for the Flash Sale, no tax needs to be paid for the free 30 days either.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CJ_in_Chilli wrote Mind explaining why you buy several Sim cards as "backup", is it that you lose your phone often? Curious... 

Several?? Just one as a backup is several? Okayyyy

Anyway, I always have one on hand cause if a friend wants to sign up I have one I can sell him so he doesn't have to wait to get one.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was at the Wow Mobile Boutique and signed up for Public Mobile as a new member at 11:44am this morning and they made me pay for a SIM card.  Should I not have gotten it for free?

Also, can someone tell me how to change my 4 digit PIN # ?

Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

@MercmanYou would have to go back and talk to Wow mobile with the print out of the annoucement.

You would need to contact the moderators by clicking on the ? in the lower right hand corner in order to change your PIN#

Mayor / Maire

@Mercman wrote:

Hi,

I was at the Wow Mobile Boutique and signed up for Public Mobile as a new member at 11:44am this morning and they made me pay for a SIM card.  Should I not have gotten it for free?

Also, can someone tell me how to change my 4 digit PIN # ?

Thanks!

How to Get this Offer:

• Walmart
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
GR
Mayor / Maire

@Mercman  did you activate on a 25$ plan or more? If so it should have been free. The pin number you have to send a message to the Moderator_Team and and they can change it. Click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket for the pin change

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I signed up for the $25 plan.  It is difficult for me to go back to WoW as I live 1.5 hours away where my brother lives.  I had to have him accompany me so that I could keep my cell number.  I was on a family plan in his name and he had to be there to authorize the unlocking of the phone and the service termination with Rogers.  Do I have to go back to WoW (1.5 hours away)?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Mercman  message the moderators to see if they can just apply a 10$ credit on your account or something!