cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

@skanji wrote:

Hello everyone.  I signed up for a $40 plan on December 19th and was epecting to get a $40 credit by now, but haven't received it.  When should I expect to receive it in my account?

Thanks!

Within 30 days credit will be applied as per the flash sale.

skanji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone.  I signed up for a $40 plan on December 19th and was epecting to get a $40 credit by now, but haven't received it.  When should I expect to receive it in my account?

Thanks!

@Maryamira  Its pretty simple. Public mobile is a prepaid service. So...anything you want you must purchase first. Then you get to enjoy it until it runs out. That can be your plan, the data included in your plan or any add ons...once they run out if you want more you have to purchase it. But you will never get charged after the fact...ever.

1.     Your plan renews every 30 days so the dates will change slightly when there is more or less than 30 days in a month. December and January are perfect examples of this and brings me to the fact there is an incorrect date to pay for your service in your account. If you activated on Dec 22nd and there's 31 days in the month you can't have your renewal on January 22nd it has to be on the 21st. The overview page reads a day too late too add funds to cover your plan if you don't have autopay. Until this issue gets fixed you should refer to your rewards page where it will display (in your case) Your plan renews on January 21st 2020...make sure you have funds or access (autopay) to pay for your service plan by 11:59pm et. THE DAY BEFORE this date.  And just ignore any texts that contradict your account info. (except this of course!)

@Maryamira wrote:

Hello everyone!

So I registered for this offer on the 22nd of December and happy so far with my choice. The internet coverage is really good, which was not the case for me with another provider.

My question is related to the payment due date. I received an sms saying my payment is due on the 1st of January, which is less than a month from the date I activated my sim. On the other hand, on my profile here it says that the payment is due on the 22nd January. Also, I'm registered for autopay.

So how does that work actually? Do we get billed at the beginning of the month, or a month after activating our plans? 

The text is a mistake. Read around and some are talking.  Go by date in your account.

Maryamira

Hello everyone!

So I registered for this offer on the 22nd of December and happy so far with my choice. The internet coverage is really good, which was not the case for me with another provider.

My question is related to the payment due date. I received an sms saying my payment is due on the 1st of January, which is less than a month from the date I activated my sim. On the other hand, on my profile here it says that the payment is due on the 22nd January. Also, I'm registered for autopay.

So how does that work actually? Do we get billed at the beginning of the month, or a month after activating our plans? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gaosan wrote:

I just signed in for $25/Month plan yesterday (Dec 28, 2019). Do I qualified for this promotion ? How long it would take to add credit intot my account. I saw the webpage says 

Asked and answered all by yourself. 🙂

gaosan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed in for $25/Month plan yesterday (Dec 28, 2019). Do I qualified for this promotion ? How long it would take to add credit intot my account. I saw the webpage says 

"

11 - Limited time offer, effective December 20 2019. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store. Offer is stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied. Please note the one-time credit will be added to the account within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.

"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/30daysfor0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

Yup I just notice

When did it take effect?

It says week ago was posted but I didn't see it there last week?

When is it effective?

Check Announcements category. There were back to back promos of the same thing. 13th-16th which was the $25 one. Then this thread the 20th-23rd which got changed to further notice and any plan.

Thanks for pointing out @hairbag1 

When did it take effect?

It says week ago was posted but I didn't see it there last week?

When is it effective?

FLASH SALE!

Get your second month FREE when you activate!

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

@Kim_Nguyen 

Sorry but I don't think you qualify as you activated 15 plan and needed to activate $25 minimum to qualify for the promo.

Incorrect. It's any plan.

@Kim_Nguyen 

Sorry but I don't think you qualify as you activated 15 plan and needed to activate $25 minimum to qualify for the promo.

Poopsie my bad I just now saw the change

When did this take effect?

@Kim_Nguyen wrote:

I have just activated yesterday for the basic $15 plan and I was charged $15+tax right on activation (SIM was already paid). When will the $0 promotion for 30 days be applied please?

• Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

@Kim_Nguyen wrote:

I have just activated yesterday for the basic $15 plan and I was charged $15+tax right on activation (SIM was already paid). When will the $0 promotion for 30 days be applied please?

within 30 days

Kim_Nguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated yesterday for the basic $15 plan and I was charged $15+tax right on activation (SIM was already paid). I looked at my plan which said the next payment will be Jan 27. I believe I should still be part of the $0 promotion for 30 days so when will the promotion be applied please?

YaniMedra64

@darlicious. Thank you! Well I am new here so I did not know but thanks to you I know this point!

@YaniMedra64 wrote:

I have it. I activated my SIM. Yesterday was my second payment

@YaniMedra64  If yesterday was your second "payment" then you activated on november 27th? That means you qualified for the same deal...offered for black friday. You should have received a credit in your account equal to your first months plan. If you activated on a plan $35+ you also would recieve a 5gb data bonus. And of course if you used a referral code a $10 credit as well. If you did not recieve these in the last 30 days you need to contact the moderators.

P.S. use the (@) key to tag people you are responding to...a box will pop up with their username. Tap on it then members know who you are responding to or asking questions to otherwise it gets confusing!

@Anonymous wrote:

That BF promo from the 25th to 2nd.

So no @YaniMedra64 you can't also get this promo. You would need to set up another account.

That was pretty much the best promo I've seen in my 13 months here so @YaniMedra64  did well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

So you likely got a different promotion when you signed up a month ago.

AE_Collector

That BF promo from the 25th to 2nd.

So no @YaniMedra64 you can't also get this promo. You would need to set up another account.

So you likely got a different promotion when you signed up a month ago.

AE_Collector

YaniMedra64

I have it. I activated my SIM. Yesterday was my second payment

You seem to have been here for awhile, quite a few badges etc. You do know that this is for New Customers Only, correct? Of course if you need another service set up you can take advantage of this.

AE_Collector

@YaniMedra64 wrote:

How can apply for it? 

Become a customer. That's all you need to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaniMedra64 wrote:

How can apply for it? 

Buy or get a SIM. Activate it yourself online or have the store set it up for you.

YaniMedra64

How can apply for it? 

What help do you need?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaniMedra64 wrote:

To someone who can help!

With what?

Ask questions.

YaniMedra64

To someone who can help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaniMedra64 wrote:

Can you explain me what did you do? 

Who and what is this addressed to?

I wouldn't wait much longer though. I was around last year and recall the December sign up bonus running until the evening if January 1. This can be combined with the current referal bonus as well, $10 to new customer and $20 to person doing the referal. This may not be around much longer either.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.