Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave is making his final curtain call

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

There are a few days in my career that I will never forget:

• October 31, 2013, when I was told we had bought Public Mobile and they wanted me to help transition customers to the TELUS network, pending Competition Bureau approval.
  • November 29, 2013, when the Competition Bureau approved the acquisition of Public Mobile.
  • December 3, 2013, when I first stepped into the old Public Mobile office at Yonge and Davisville in downtown Toronto.
  • And tomorrow, February 28, 2020, as my last day leading the Public Mobile brand. Yes, you read that right. I have made the tough decision to leave Public Mobile.

It’s been an incredible 6 years full of ups and downs. From the infamous $40 for 4GB LTE in the fall of 2016, to scrambling to manage system challenges and repeat defects that sometimes felt like a cruel game of whack-a-mole, to having a dear friend and Public family member, who was an original Oracle, pass away too early – rest in peace Martin.

Over the years, this community has helped hundreds of thousands of people. What I’ve been most proud of is how this community has always held our feet to the fire to be better. Your feedback has influenced our investments and focus over the years and, wow, is some great stuff coming in 2020!

Public has truly become a brand that is more than just a transactions-focused, weekend discount machine like some of our competitors. Public is about you and built by you, with the Community at its core.This is why we shifted our logo to represent you better. Every letter in the logo is different and changes all the time, representing the individual nature of each of you, yet when put together our letters (and you) all make Public Mobile.

Together we’ve become the fastest growing wireless brand in Canada. We crush our peers in customer retention. We’ve become the number #1 wireless brand for Likelihood to Recommend in Canada as of Q4 2019. We deliver the most affordable wireless on the best network in Canada. And we’ve done all this together by doing wireless differently in Canada, even when everyone said this was not possible.

It doesn’t end here either. We have some incredible things in our back pocket that will begin to roll out shortly. Public Mobile will continue to improve and I am proud to leave it in an incredible position, with a passionate and committed team, to continue to move forward. We’re for you and always will be.

May you always enjoy affordable wireless service at Public Mobile. Thank you for all of the memories!

Dave

84 REPLIES 84

@dabr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

As has been posted several times in this thread...HE IS GONE and has no access. So he will not read these.

@pm-smayer97   Actually he can read these messages if he 'chooses' by viewing this thread on PM's website.  He doesn't need to have access to view them, although I would guess he's unlikely to do so 🙂

Yes, I am aware...but the unlikelihood is what I suspect.

@pm-smayer97  Well, probably not but..., anyone can access this forum. He "likely" has his own device and you don't need to be an executive or even a PM customer to create an account here. But.. yes.. he has moved on unless they are STILL at the pub! Maybe @darlicious knows.

AE_Collector

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

As has been posted several times in this thread...HE IS GONE and has no access. So he will not read these.

@pm-smayer97   Actually he can read these messages if he 'chooses' by viewing this thread on PM's website.  He doesn't need to have access to view them, although I would guess he's unlikely to do so 🙂

Vpete049
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Aw! Hope you enjoy whatever is next for you! 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good luck Dave. Thank you for bringing new and affordable options to Canadians.

Dave has left the building!  😉

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you very much and best wishes to you!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Aaannnnddd....  He's gone.

Good night everyone,.... drive safe.

AE_Collector

Yup...

@Dave_M wrote:

I will lose access to this account in the next 10 minutes as I walk out for farewell drinks.

That was posted at 2:39pm today.

Annnnddddd ....  He's gone.

Good night everyone,.... drive safe.

AE_Collector

deloreh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you Dave for all you've done for us, best wishes;

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good luck and best wishes. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I'm really really sad to see you go.

You really made this place great

I wish you best luck, best health, and many successes both in your career and life.

Thank you for everything you have done.

Dolphin1

Wishing you all the best with your future endeavours personally and professionally - good luck and thank you for all your years with Public Mobile !

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave_M  While quite saddened by your news, I do wish you new successes and contentment. 

You joining Jeremy on new quests, creates new challenges for PM as it marks the:

end of an era.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

WOW.

The replies here today brought me tears.  Thank you so much all of you for making Public Mobile what it is today.

I just want you to all know we do all of this for you, and Public will continue to get better.   I look forward to watching from the sidelines.

I will lose access to this account in the next 10 minutes as I walk out for farewell drinks.

Thank you all for your kind words.

pamiro

Thank you so much Dave for all you have done for Public Mobile!  All the best in all things ahead for you! 

Johan

Happy moving on day Dave, thanks for all you did for PM and the community. Good luck with what very you do next.

helpneeded

Thanks for being with the PM community for the past few years. As with all careers, we will eventually move onto something better. All the best with your future endeavours, Dave.

jmqm

Give away 1-12GB for free for everyone, most importantly me, as your farewell gift. That would be very cash money of you.

XionBunny

Thanks for everything and good luck in your future, may you have much fun and success. 🙂

GreaseMonkey

All the best to you.

Cheers!!!!

pPAa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well I just joined Public and the community boards today, and already I have to hear this news? J/K.

Dave, your vision and personality have obviously influence this unique carrier to become what it is. Hopefully you will continue to do unique and important work in the future, wherever it is.

DOA

Shine on you crazy diamond!

zblackma

Thanks for a job well done. Good luck in your future endeavours.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @Dave_M for all your hard work at Public Mobile. You were the first CEO i have ever talked to. It was nice to hear from you about taking a next step forward. Lots have changed since 2013 and sounds like it will be improved even more. One thing that did not change is the low cost model and its appreciated to know that is still PM's goal. Best of luck in your future opportunities.

@Dave_M great job on your accomplishments and thank you for bringing this type of service to Canada.

Best wishes in your future role. Here's hoping VoLTE is on the list for 2020 😀

Rosguru

Thanks Dave!  Your efforts have been very well appreciated!  Looking forward to a super 2020!  

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Dave! One can imagine what it means to be at the helm steering a new company through rough waters but you can be proud of your accomplishments. Wish you the very best in whatever you do next. 

Image result for wish you the best

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Thank you Dave for all your hard work in building Public Mobile into the best and most affordable mobile provider in Canada. You're leaving behind a great team to lead Public Mobile into the future and big shoes to fill for your successor.

I've only been with Public Mobile fo six months but this brand makes everyone feel like family and it fantastic how the corporate leaders connect with us customers. You actually listen and strive to constantly improve the service you provide. This interaction and care for all of your customers comes directly from the leadership from the top and that means you!

"We're for you" also means "You're for us" so you will be sadly missed but I'm wishing you the very best in your future endeavours. I'm sure you will succeed in whatever your future holds.

I can't wait to see what plans (quite literally) you have cooked up to roll out this year for us and we will be reminded that they will have the "DAVE" stamp of approval all over them!

Once again....Thank you Dave!

Need Help? Let's chat.