cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-SIM Activation Guide.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Upon many requests to take screenshots of the full Activation Process and share them in The Community, I finally have those ready for everyone. These will not only be showing the curious, but the Mayors and helpful neighbor's will be able to use them to help other people amongst The Community who need help while stuck in the Activation Process.

Today using my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra I activated a brand new Public Mobile Account with e-SIM on the $50 - 40GB Canada/US Plan, beginning to end using the Public Mobile App for Activation + Sign Up.

I have blurred/erased all Personal Details and Selected a new Phone Number that I am not keeping long term for this Process and Example.

*It is absolutely crucial that you are patient with this new system during the Activation Process and take it very easy on the 'Next', 'Continue', and 'Pay Now' Buttons since the system can sometimes be very slow - it will realize you Pressed 'Next' or 'Pay Now', sometimes it just takes a few seconds to think. Let it think, don't Spam Tap as that will bug up the system.*

(in the next few weeks I'll have a similar Guide to this one only Instead of e-SIM Activation, It will be a Physical SIM Card Activation. I may also have another one with Porting In instructions as well.)

Screenshot_20230719_102931_Public Mobile.jpg

After Downloading the Public Mobile App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, open and 'Shop Subscription Plans'. 

Screenshot_20230719_102935_Public Mobile.jpg

After confirming your selected Province is correct in the top right hand corner, Continue to Step 1. and pick your desired Subscription/Plan.

Screenshot_20230719_102944_Public Mobile.jpg

After picking your new Subscription Plan and pressing 'Continue' you'll be prompted to make a new EverSafe ID Account or sign into an existing one that doesn't currently have an active SubscriptionScreenshot_20230719_102954_Public Mobile.jpg

For this Process I'll be making a Brand New Account, however if you already have an Account without an Active Subscription, you can Login and and you'll Pick up at Step 3 of the Process.

Screenshot_20230719_103006_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230719_103012_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230719_103016_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tap on 'Get Started' to begin Creating your new EverSafe ID Account.

Screenshot_20230719_103105_Samsung Internet.jpg

Enter your Email Address and press 'Confirm', and you will be sent a Two Factor Authentication Code to your Email Address. 

111.jpg

Enter the Code and press 'Confirm' to create your new Account Password.

222.jpg

Press 'Confirm' and continue to the next step to enter your First + Last name or Business Name for those using Public Mobile for a Business Line.

333.jpg

Press 'Next' to Continue and finish Creating your EverSafe ID Account.

444.jpg

Now Press 'Continue to Portal' and wait for these dots to show up and finish loading..

555.jpg

Once the dots finish loading you'll be redirected to the SIM Setup where it will automatically test and see if your phone is e-SIM Compatible or not.

667.jpg

This is where I take the e-SIM route. 'Continue with e-SIM', after this you'll be brought to your 'Order Summary' and Place to enter a Friend Referral and/or Promo Code.

STEP4.jpg

In my case I'll be applying a Friend Referral Code (Erased.)

step 4.5.jpg

Make sure to tap 'Apply Codes' Twice until you see the loading dots show up like pictured above, after the dots disappear than tap cancel in the top right hand corner to go back to the 'Order Summary' screen and make sure your Friend Referral Code has been applied if you added one, you'll see it at the bottom under your 'Cart Total'.

STEP4.jpg

Now Press on 'Continue' to get to screen that you'll enter your Payment Method.

4.6.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.40.jpg

Enter your Credit, Debit, or Visa Card Number and Postal Code matching the statements and billing address of the card your using. (If you use the wrong Postal Code, than Payment will not be accepted.) After entering your Payment Method you can Press 'Continue' and wait for it to load to the next step where local taxes will be added and you will confirm and complete your first month Payment. (You can also see your Applied Friend Referral Code at the bottom under 'Due today' in this section as well, always double check to make sure it is there before completing Payment.)

pay now.jpg

Tap on 'Pay Now' and ONLY ONCE and wait for the loading dots to show up to Complete Payment and continue to the Number Selection Process. (If you tap 'Pay Now' twice Impatiently you could be charged twice. Make sure to only press it once and be patient for the loading dots to show up and Payment to be Posted.)

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.41.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.412.jpg

Now it will automatically redirect you to the Number Selection Screen where you can either select a brand new number or Port your current one in from your Current Provider.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.413.jpg

Select your Province + City (for Area Code & Prefix), that is if you are choosing a new Phone Number. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.413.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.414.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.415.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-19 at 19.00.426.jpg

Select your new Public Mobile Phone Number and press 'Continue' and your Subscription will be successfully Activated. Follow the next prompts that pop up to Program your new e-SIM without a QR Code. (Screenshots of my e-SIM Installation provided below.)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Tap on 'Allow' to install your new e-SIM. (DO NOT close the App until e-SIM has finished installing otherwise the install process may fail.)

4.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg

In my case I have to Restart my phone to switch to Public Mobile, which is fine because as soon as its back on I can log back in and complete the next steps right from where I left off. Once restarted and powered back on complete the final steps below to finish your Account Setup.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Press 'Continue to Portal' and you'll now be signed into your Self-Serve Account on the Public Mobile App.

6.jpg

After complete and signed into your My Account go into 'My Profile' settings and update your Personal Details such as PIN, Voice-mail Password, Alternate Phone Number, Full Address, etc. (Follow Directions Below.)

11.jpg12.jpgScreenshot_20230719_104642_Public Mobile.jpg14.jpg

Mods/Oracles: If there are any mistakes or things that need to be edited/removed from this post, please message me directly and ill update whatever needs to be. This thread took so long to make + perfect and it would be a shame to have it deleted for something minor.

27 REPLIES 27

Kerrie8828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long should I wait before giving up on the purchase and install of the E-SIM? It’s been “loading” for 4 hours now…

bayard00

How can I get help accessing my account, when esim didn't activate correctly?

@Nocall wrote:

. And no one should bother trying to use it until it's fixed.

@Nocall using the app for activation is a requirement now.

For your eSIM issue, has it been resolved yet?  There is a eSIM QR code sent to your email, you can manually scan it and install

If your eSIM was installed and just unable to connect to the network, please try to click "Reset All Networks" or "Reset Network Settings" and that would resolve the connection problem

Nocall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The end result of all this, posts, replies, qudos, etc. Is that PM's software for E Sims sucks. No one should have to wait, wait, wait for software to work. And no one should bother trying to use it until it's fixed.

nodaska

Transfer numero doesn't work. E-sim won't install

Priority

After doing over 100 Activations like me, it becomes easier than baking a cake! 

I've bumped into every single issue imaginable, learning along the way.

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Found it to be very helpful. Forgot before to say thanks. When buying sim in Telus store they laughed at PM and activation. Claimed I would be back for Telus activation. Nope.

Getting to understand

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PriorityGreat work....  With out your detailed step by step procedure, I will never using add-on to purchase e-SIM.  Yesterday, I was using plan change.  Without changing my plan, I cannot access the purchase eSIM page.👍👍👍

Priority

It can also only be done for New Activations, therefore if you have en existing Account you won't he able to use e-SIM yet.. only physical SIM.

sfy

@Priority  FABULOUS. Was considering converting to eSIM but, as detailed as you've shown, seems too much aggro compared to standard sim. Especially as it can only be done with the app. 

Priority

That's a common issue, it often won't send the first time and you have to press 'Resend Code' for the first identity code to come through. 

Nocall

Thanks for posting and glad it worked. But I had a lot of difficulty where it asks to confirm your identity. Many times, a code wasn't sent. I was on with Support till we finally resolved that step but never could get to the step where it says your phone is compatible with esim. That really should be step 1.

Also, don't remember any spinning wheels or icons saying to wait.

Savage420

Awesome man. I signed up for an e sim last night (first time ever) but didn't see this until now. I only had one small hiccup when both sims were activated but got it figured out.👌

Priority

My pleasure. 🙏

There will be a Physical SIM Activation Walk-through soon and with that one I'll include the Port in Steps instead of selecting a new number. 😀 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Par Excellence.jpg

@Priority 💓
Great step-by-step walk through for an eSIM sign up. Thanks for your time, effort and the exceptional quality of the write-up. And the fact that it was all voluntary, makes it even more impressive. Kudos!

asmith11

very detailed - excellent.

Virusman61

Thanks for the detailed walk through. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Priority Brilliant post! Very helpful to see each step of eSIM activation. Thank you! 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Priority 

Can you tag me if you put up the screen shots for a new account using a physical SIM card. 

Thanks 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice work @Priority 

Priority

Update: here was the Welcome email I received from Public Mobile with the e-SIM QR Code. In my case I didn't use it since my e-SIM Installed Automatically, however a few have asked for a picture of the email.Screenshot_20230727_042537_Gmail.jpg

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , thank you for sharing this! It helps! Once the update to the app (from 2 days ago) shows up for Us it may work smoother/faster to! I appreciate that you took the time to show Us such detailed process!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Great work @Priority !!!!

If even only just that one spot because of the money involved...wait for it...wait for it... And other screens where there seems to be nothing going on...wait for it...

Priority

I'll have a Physical SIM Guide soon as well in a few weeks.

Priority

Yes, it is so important to be patient after tapping once. It did work, its just registering and loading so let it take its time for a smooth activation. if you tap 'Pay Now' twice you'll likely be charged twice because the system isn't as smart as us.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

WOW! Absolutely fantasticly insanely great work! I might suggest adding warnings along the way of having to wait for all those dots and spinning circles and whatever to finish. No really actually finish. Don't hurry it, is what I mean. Great job.

Need Help? Let's chat.