Voicemail

BCBudGirl69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1000016120.jpg

Why is this number coming up when I call my voicemail anyone know

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

This is ONE of many voice mail access numbers.

If you look at settings on your phone you will find it under 'voice mail'.

@Sansan wrote:

It is secure however as it's pertaining only to your number when dailing from the phone directly. 

If you use a different phone to call your number and access your vm, it will ask for password. 

Note that if you have your voicemail configured to bypass entering the password "when calling from your own phone" and someone calls the voicemail access number using a phone system that allows forging the outgoing caller ID to yours, anyone can access your voicemails.

Due to this security flaw in Telus' voicemail service, I highly recommend everyone configure their voicemail to ALWAYS require a password.

Esabbah1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is the default and direct line to your voicemail, usually correlating to the area code of the number you are subscribed with. In my case, living in Alberta, it shows me a 587 area code. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That is correct phone number for voicemail.  Your good!! That is standard for Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile. 

It is secure however as it's pertaining only to your number when dailing from the phone directly. 

If you use a different phone to call your number and access your vm, it will ask for password. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BCBudGirl69 

That phone number is your voicemail access number. 

Here is some more information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Need Help? Let's chat.