cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, I just took advantage of this offer. Also at walmart at elginton and warden ave they gave me a free sim card. Awesome!!

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Onyxj wrote:

To all those who are wondering why they didn’t get the $10 discount for 6 months...

You did get it if you activated a new line in the specified time frame. The first credit will be automatically applied within the first 30 days as a rewards credit to be used on your second month. 

@Onyxj

Thanks! I'm a new customer as of today, and looking forward to getting the 6 month discount 🙂 

@bud21ca wrote:

Public mobile should treat current customers just as well

Isn't that what loyalty reward each year is for?  new customers don't get that.

Dankaroo

I activated my 30+ plan on Feb 4th, I r sad 4 missing out

@deedadina wrote:

You don't have to be a genious to know that. Whats the point though. The main idea is to treat the current and new customers equally.

@deedadinaWhen responding to someone, please use the quote feature. There is a large black button that says "Quote" so we know who you are talking about / responding to.

quote.png

Also add the @ symbol then start typing the persons name and select their name, so they get notified you are talking to/about them. @deedadina

deedadina

You don't have to be a genious to know that. Whats the point though. The main idea is to treat the current and new customers equally.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lindsm wrote:

I ordered activated and chose a plan that was $30/mth but did not receive the $10 credit one of the reasons I switched to this company was this promotion

Your first $10 credit will be in your account within 30 days after activation.  Read the OP for details.

lindsm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered activated and chose a plan that was $30/mth but did not receive the $10 credit one of the reasons I switched to this company was this promotion

bud21ca

You could port out then in again, but is it really worth all the effort after paying for Sims, chances of something going wrong with porting plus your time?

mimmo

@kbs @No exceptions for current customers. Yes you can port out and port back in

kbs

Are there any exceptions made for existing customers?

One can easily go somewhere else and come back.

Sincerely,

KBS

oliviapyliu

It seems not fair for existing customers.  We are quite honer but no reward.

sunflowershine

Why does this special is not on Facebook?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

That's downright ridiculous.  Public Mobile shouldn't make current, loyal customers have to jump through that many hoops just to benefit from a promotion.  It should be offered to ALL customers, not just newbies.  😕

A fine sentiment but will your cable provider do this for you? Your satellite provider? Your landline provider? Your magazine subscriptions? Any other online subscriptions like Netflix etc?

No. Public Mobile is not alone.

Well, since I don't have cable, satellite, Netflix, a landline, magazines subscriptions, or online subscriptions I honestly couldn't tell you if they would do that for me or not.  Public Mobile may not be alone, but that doesn't make it right either.  

That's why I said "a fine sentiment". I agree. But it's not rare or unusual. The rich get richer and all that.

joannjules

@Anonymous wrote:

@joannjules wrote:

That's downright ridiculous.  Public Mobile shouldn't make current, loyal customers have to jump through that many hoops just to benefit from a promotion.  It should be offered to ALL customers, not just newbies.  😕

A fine sentiment but will your cable provider do this for you? Your satellite provider? Your landline provider? Your magazine subscriptions? Any other online subscriptions like Netflix etc?

Well, since I don't have cable, satellite, Netflix, a landline, magazines subscriptions, or online subscriptions I honestly couldn't tell you if they would do that for me or not.  Public Mobile may not be alone, but that doesn't make it right either.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:

@joannjules wrote:
(And I'm still upset that there's no phone support at all when I need an answer quickly.)

Upset?  Anyone who has done any homework at all before joining Public Mobile would have easily known that PM does not have live customer support by phone.  In fact, it's one of PM's main differentiation points (less for less: "Stop paying for call centres that you hate calling").  There are things about PM that customers should be annoyed with (e.g. longstanding bugs), but live phone support should not be one of them.

We've had a couple recent threads where the customer has said they've been waiting for a solution from the mods only to finally come here and we get them going. As srlawren likes to say "lickety-split".

SD08

@joannjules wrote:
(And I'm still upset that there's no phone support at all when I need an answer quickly.)

Upset?  Anyone who has done any homework at all before joining Public Mobile would have easily known that PM does not have live customer support by phone.  In fact, it's one of PM's main differentiation points (less for less: "Stop paying for call centres that you hate calling").  There are things about PM that customers should be annoyed with (e.g. longstanding bugs), but live phone support should not be one of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

joannjules

@stonechucker wrote:

@Haiggy, if you really want this, port out to another carrier, then sign-up again with Public Mobile before the deal expires.  You'll need to buy a new sim for whatever carrier you use, and another sim for Public Mobile.

I know it's not ideal, but if you really want it, that's what you need to do.

joannjules

@Haiggy wrote:

It’s really too bad you don’t treat existing customers as well as you treat new ones. 

Yeah, it's highly annoying that existing customers can't benefit from these wonderful promotions.  And it's the main reason I tell people NOT to come to Public Mobile since y'all don't really have a good grasp on customer relations.  (And I'm still upset that there's no phone support at all when I need an answer quickly.)    I feel your pain!  🙂

sethlinson

So happy about this deal! I had been considering switching providers for a long time but was too lazy to do it. This promotion is what motivated me to finally make the switch!

I don't know why I didn't make the change ages ago. Even without the $10 bonus for six months, I'm still paying 2/3 the price what I was paying at Virgin for almost the exact same plan. But the $10 credit for six months, plus the autopay reward and all the other potential rewards make this even better!

Carld123

@Kandola12 wrote:

I have purchased 2 public mobile plans and still didn't get the 10 dollars off on either of them. I purchased it from Walmart, and he told me about this how it applies for 30 dollars and above plans. 

@Kandola12

Read the terms...you dont recieve instant credits.....

alymayk

will it show automatic ?

Kandola12

Okay, will do 🙂

It will be easier to post your question here.... @Kandola12

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

You will receive more help...

Kandola12

I have purchased 2 public mobile plans and still didn't get the 10 dollars off on either of them. I purchased it from Walmart, and he told me about this how it applies for 30 dollars and above plans. 

mimmo

@bud21ca wrote:

I did weigh out switching, then porting back in. After paying for Sims and all the effort it just isn't worth the hassle. Just happy I'm still saving $ with PM!

@bud21ca  yes that is the important  part.

bud21ca

I did weigh out switching, then porting back in. After paying for Sims and all the effort it just isn't worth the hassle. Just happy I'm still saving $ with PM!

dna2016

@mimmo, that's true, but you'd be surprised what people will do for just $5.  Either way there's savings available there, lol.  I guess let them decide if it's worth it or not.  Me personally I wouldn't switch to a new provider unless there is an active promo, if I happen to miss a nicer one afterwards then I won't feel as bad.  But I definitely wouldn't jump ship to another provider unless I'm getting some kind of deal to begin with.

mimmo

@dna2016 wrote:

@bud21ca ya always sucks to just miss a promotion, but maybe consider porting back out to another provider and then wait a few days and then port back to PM again.  Promo doesn't end until March 4th anyways, so you do have a lot of time.  

@dna2016  is it worth it?  to port out and port in will cost  $10 pm sim +30$ pm plan + $10 other carrier sim + say $5for the other carrier plan if postaid, if using a referal you can get a bonus $10 credit= $45     It is alot of effort to save $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.