cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

@xiaotaiwan wrote:

How's the phone bill applied while I port out?

For example: I activiated my sim card on Feb.01 and plan to port out on Feb 15. 

Although I paid one month bill already , they will refund me 50% right ?

Depends if you are porting into public from postpaid like telus koodo fido Roger's  Then they refund the remainder of your term. 

If you are porting from prepaid lucky chatr koodo etc then there is no refunds. 

If you port out from public there are no refunds. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If its postpaid it will be prorated and you will get the final bill with adjustments(refund)

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It'd be nice if active customers got some kind of promo, or eligible for some like this one...like saying "for new customers and existing customers who activated in last 15 days without other promo", or something like that.

I didn't even get my promo, of free SIM card with in store activation, because store clerk (London Drugs) couldn't figure it out.  So I ended up just buying new SIM with this new phone, and online activated it myself. Zero promo savings for me :/

@jerjon if you activated a new SIM and new number on Feb 8th 2019 or later you will get this promo. Even if you did it online yourself.

When did you activate?

Mine was back at Jan 2 , but my reply here is just in echo of others similar comments.

Oracle

@jerjon   some promos are available to all members and some are not.  The 500+ data is availale to all. 

I can understand the fustration felt, but all carriers and many companies offer these type of incetives to rectuit new cusomers.  if you are saving money  from your previous carrier and if you are happy with the service you are already ahead. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice offer, and as @SD08 mentioned it's nice to see offers that are both in-store and online.  I think going forward it should always be this way, so it gives customers options.  More options available the better, not less.  Let those who feel more comfortable to self serve, or those who want to go in-store make that option for themselves and not be forced.  Thought the whole point of PM was to be a self-serve provider anyways.  But I understand having people go to the retail locations is part of the agreement, that'll help drive traffic into the those retail stores.  But still, I think those who want to go to a store will go even if they have the online option anyways.

@bud21ca ya always sucks to just miss a promotion, but maybe consider porting back out to another provider and then wait a few days and then port back to PM again.  Promo doesn't end until March 4th anyways, so you do have a lot of time.  

Oracle

@dna2016 wrote:

@bud21ca ya always sucks to just miss a promotion, but maybe consider porting back out to another provider and then wait a few days and then port back to PM again.  Promo doesn't end until March 4th anyways, so you do have a lot of time.  

@dna2016  is it worth it?  to port out and port in will cost  $10 pm sim +30$ pm plan + $10 other carrier sim + say $5for the other carrier plan if postaid, if using a referal you can get a bonus $10 credit= $45     It is alot of effort to save $15.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo, that's true, but you'd be surprised what people will do for just $5.  Either way there's savings available there, lol.  I guess let them decide if it's worth it or not.  Me personally I wouldn't switch to a new provider unless there is an active promo, if I happen to miss a nicer one afterwards then I won't feel as bad.  But I definitely wouldn't jump ship to another provider unless I'm getting some kind of deal to begin with.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I did weigh out switching, then porting back in. After paying for Sims and all the effort it just isn't worth the hassle. Just happy I'm still saving $ with PM!