cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice offer, and as @SD08 mentioned it's nice to see offers that are both in-store and online.  I think going forward it should always be this way, so it gives customers options.  More options available the better, not less.  Let those who feel more comfortable to self serve, or those who want to go in-store make that option for themselves and not be forced.  Thought the whole point of PM was to be a self-serve provider anyways.  But I understand having people go to the retail locations is part of the agreement, that'll help drive traffic into the those retail stores.  But still, I think those who want to go to a store will go even if they have the online option anyways.

@bud21ca ya always sucks to just miss a promotion, but maybe consider porting back out to another provider and then wait a few days and then port back to PM again.  Promo doesn't end until March 4th anyways, so you do have a lot of time.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jerjon   some promos are available to all members and some are not.  The 500+ data is availale to all. 

I can understand the fustration felt, but all carriers and many companies offer these type of incetives to rectuit new cusomers.  if you are saving money  from your previous carrier and if you are happy with the service you are already ahead. 

jerjon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine was back at Jan 2 , but my reply here is just in echo of others similar comments.

Onyxj

@jerjon if you activated a new SIM and new number on Feb 8th 2019 or later you will get this promo. Even if you did it online yourself.

When did you activate?

jerjon

It'd be nice if active customers got some kind of promo, or eligible for some like this one...like saying "for new customers and existing customers who activated in last 15 days without other promo", or something like that.

I didn't even get my promo, of free SIM card with in store activation, because store clerk (London Drugs) couldn't figure it out.  So I ended up just buying new SIM with this new phone, and online activated it myself. Zero promo savings for me 😕

raman1127

If its postpaid it will be prorated and you will get the final bill with adjustments(refund)

mimmo

@xiaotaiwan wrote:

How's the phone bill applied while I port out?

For example: I activiated my sim card on Feb.01 and plan to port out on Feb 15. 

Although I paid one month bill already , they will refund me 50% right ?

Depends if you are porting into public from postpaid like telus koodo fido Roger's  Then they refund the remainder of your term. 

If you are porting from prepaid lucky chatr koodo etc then there is no refunds. 

If you port out from public there are no refunds. 

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xiaotaiwan wrote:

As it is a prepaid service they would not refund. Heck even non prepaid services have it as a policy not to. That said I see nothing wrong with it, you paid for 30 days of service and they are giving it to you.

xiaotaiwan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good question, but when you activated your sim card ?

xiaotaiwan

raman1127

Usually they give free sim cards during flash sale (10 off 6 months) but this time they are charging $10+tax for sim cards

Onyxj

To all those who are wondering why they didn’t get the $10 discount for 6 months...

You did get it if you activated a new line in the specified time frame. The first credit will be automatically applied within the first 30 days as a rewards credit to be used on your second month. 

SD08

@FoulTrouble wrote:

If I upgrade my $25 plan to the $35 plan, will I get the discount?

@FoulTrouble

No, it's for new customers (new activations) only.

FoulTrouble

If I upgrade my $25 plan to the $35 plan, will I get the discount?

mimmo

@shehzad1503 @Answered in the post above

shehzad1503

I got a $30+/mo plan today and told the guy I want the promo but I didnt get the $10 off for 6 months. He told me to go to self serve and do it some how but I dont understand how any help? Also i was reffered by someone but I didnt get a discount from that either any help??

mimmo

The first post states all the facts. Specifically :

• The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

As for the referral the Bonus 10$ should be available in 48 to 72 hours 

shehzad1503

Hi i just got a $40+/mo plan and asked the person to give me the $10 for 6 months aswell. He told me to go online on self serve and I would be able to get it on my rewards but I dont see it anywhere what am I supposed to do? Also I used a reference but no deduction from my plan has been made what am i supposed to do? any help would be greatly apprecatied.

No sorry for you @bmatthews..Smiley Frustrated

bmatthews

I've recently bought a PM SIM, but haven't got it working in my phone yet. I paid for a $40 plan just last week. Am I still eligible? Thanks!

bud21ca

@Deepbay wrote:

I agree with the existing users. Why treat us differently.  I WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A DEAL,SHOULD IT COME ALONG ELSEWHERE. 

Especially if they just activated within the past week or so! But Im still saving about $60 a month compared to my past provider!

Deepbay

I agree with the existing users. Why treat us differently.  I WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A DEAL,SHOULD IT COME ALONG ELSEWHERE. 

sanyyz

The promo say $30 or more plans, I activated a $30 plan yesterday but dont think I got the discount. Not sure what happened. Any inputs? thnx

Vgill

I didn’t get offer either as I activated yesterday.

@bud21ca wrote:

That really sucks! I just activated on the 6th. Should have just waited!

I hear ya @bud21ca.  I missed out on the $25/25 on two activations I did a day before this came out.  This was when you get $25 and the referrer gets $25.  I also missed out on a third activation by a day.  Would have been nice to have saved $150 on the three activations but c'est la vie.  I did catch specials on my next three activations so I'm not that upset any more.

Nice to have you here anyway and welcome to the community.  Smiley Happy

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bud21ca wrote:

Public mobile should treat current customers just as well

100 % agreed with you @bud21ca

In the long run, you will save money in PM.  

bud21ca

@Onyxj wrote:

@bud21ca 

Sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate you were talking about me in particular.  Only to clarify that I, personally, was not upset. I do acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opinions and feelings and was only expressing mine.

I am new to PM as well as public forums, and I thank you for your patience in advance. 

I agree totally, I am saving alot between my Wife's phone and mine on PM. The current deal is great for new customers, but I won't lose sleep over missing out. IvI' been able to cut our bill from over $100 a month to $56 so Im pretty happy.

Onyxj

@bud21ca 

Sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate you were talking about me in particular.  Only to clarify that I, personally, was not upset. I do acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opinions and feelings and was only expressing mine.

I am new to PM as well as public forums, and I thank you for your patience in advance. 

bud21ca

@Onyxj wrote:

@bud21ca wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

I have to agree with @GreatCanadian on this one

Like I said earlier it is a free Country, agree with whoever you want to agree with. Doesn't change the fact that it strikes a nerve with alot of people who just activated only a day ago!

I may have just missed the deal by a couple of hours, but I’m not mad about it... I’m still saving money! And I’m happy about that 🙂 

Some companies will give a deal to customers who “just missed” it and then ask for it retroactively, but usually that is because the customer can “return for a refund” and then repurchase at the discounted price. I don’t think that applies here. Sometimes we just have to deal with the fact that we missed it. End of story 😉

No one said You were mad about. Did I tag your name in the post? End of Story!

Need Help? Let's chat.