cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

Cinds123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! 

I'm going into my 2nd month with Public and I did not get the $10 credit. I can also see the $2 autopay credit on my account, but my Credit Card was billed the full $40+tax. 

seirin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ldimes wrote:

Is this promo still on?

It just ended not long ago but it might come back again later. But the $25 referral will be gone by then and the $25/month promo might be gone too. So take your pick which works best for you.

jp20102010

Hello, 

Unfortunately the $ 10 off for 6 months has expired, currently the new client promotion is a one-time $ 25 account credit. This credit is based on you being referred by a current piblic mobile customer and then activating service online. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. 

ldimes

Thank you. I did look for an expiration date but couldn't find it. 

@ldimes  a écrit :

Is this promo still on?

No it ended the 4th March 😐 

ldimes

Is this promo still on?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @computergeek541

That is correct!.  The new customer coming to Public Mobile, has to enter the phone number of the person who referred them at the time they are going through with the activation online 🙂 .

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @jp20102010,

That`s right, the rewards will pile up: $2 for auto-pay+$1 reward for each referral. Please make sure that you add the refer friend`s phone number in the self-serve account to get the reward. Feel free to contact us whenever you have other questions 🙂

Regards,

Oana

Oana_S, just to carifiy, you mean for the new customer to type the referrer's phone number in during the activation process, correct?

Customers do not need to do anything in self serve to a make sure that they get their referrals, and to my knowledge, I know of no way for someone to add a refferal in after-the-fact.  Also, the person doing doing the referring of the new customers doesn't have to do anything, other than to tell the new customer which phone number to use.

ruif71

Just recieved my $10.00 credit.

Took about 10 days to post to my account.

Great promo!!

FBR

Hi all,

Just chiming in on the $10 credit timeline:

Activated Feb 25, got first $10 credit Mar 5.

Other than the initial webpage activation error that was fixed after waiting an hour, so far liking PM a lot!

@jp20102010 wrote:

Hello Oana, 

If i set up auto payment to save $ 2, and then I refer someone would that be saving $ 3 bucks a month? Im waiting on my sim card to arrive. 

Yes as long as you have autopay turned on and card gets charged properly

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jp20102010 wrote:

Hello, 

With attaching my credit card will that renew my service / account every 30 days? I just want to ensure I remain in good standing.  

That's the whole point of autopay. But you can also top-up manually and keep getting the $2 anyway even though you never hit the cc.

jp20102010

Hello, 

With attaching my credit card will that renew my service / account every 30 days? I just want to ensure I remain in good standing.  

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @jp20102010,

That`s right, the rewards will pile up: $2 for auto-pay+$1 reward for each referral. Please make sure that you add the refer friend`s phone number in the self-serve account to get the reward. Feel free to contact us whenever you have other questions 🙂

Regards,

Oana

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jp20102010 wrote:

Hello Oana, 

If i set up auto payment to save $ 2, and then I refer someone would that be saving $ 3 bucks a month? Im waiting on my sim card to arrive. 

@jp20102010 

That's exactly right. It's why they say you can get your service costs down to $0.

There's an annual loyalty reward and this community participation reward as well.

jp20102010

Hello Oana, 

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Oana_SSounds good. Thanks for the heads up!

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @wickedgx,

In your case, it may be the first credit, which will be applied within 30 days of activation. The next rewards will be applied before renewal.

If you have other questions, don`t hesitate to contact us 🙂

Regards 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wickedgx wrote:

I activated my account 1 week ago and I got my $10 as well this morning @Metal1967. It looks like it's sent at the beggining of every month and not near your renewal date. 

That's great but the wording says within 30 days. That's an interesting possible theoretical observation though if not just coincidence.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activated my account 1 week ago and I got my $10 as well this morning @Metal1967. It looks like it's sent at the beggining of every month and not near your renewal date. 

Metal1967

For those wondering when they will recieve the first 10$ credit....Activated this line 2 weeks ago, and recieved the first 10$ credit this morning..not sure if the timeframe is always the same but it does come👍

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This promo will be expired in 1.5 hours.  For the people living in Western Canada, don't wait as you don't have until midnight your local time to complete your activation.

tinactkung

The $10 off will be applied after 30days of activation. I’ve communicated with public moderator, & confirmed .

countonalex

Just switched to the $50/8gb plan after reading quite a bit. So far not too bad... switched from Telus due to the price hike. 

Pizzaeh

@chewb wrote:

Just activated a $30/month plan and I don't see anything indicating that I've been granted this promotion. How can I check that I got it properly?

If you've met the offer requirements, you will get the credits.  You'll be able to use the first $10 credit for the 2nd month, and so on.

From the promotion details on the first page...

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

chewb

Just activated a $30/month plan and I don't see anything indicating that I've been granted this promotion. How can I check that I got it properly?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cassafrass 

Yes, this promo applies for both online and in-store activations.  As long as the plan activated was $30 or more, it should be automatic.  The first credit will appear within 30 days.

Pizzaeh

@cassafrass wrote:

my bf signed up yesterday in store and the fellow didn't mention the $10 off for 6 month deal. Is it automatic? 

Yes, as long as he activated a plan of $30 or more.

Unfortunately, since he didn't activate online at home, he missed out on the $25 referral credit.

Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend-by

@cassafrass wrote:

my bf signed up yesterday in store and the fellow didn't mention the $10 off for 6 month deal. Is it automatic? 

Yes, the credits get applied automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.