cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

cassafrass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my bf signed up yesterday in store and the fellow didn't mention the $10 off for 6 month deal. Is it automatic? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jp20102010 wrote:

Unfortunately I won't be able to head to a store today to activate, I gyess I have to wait for the Sim. As Im in northern ontario, I'm no where near Toronto.

So you don't have any stores like:

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related) and apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets?

This is a nation-wide provider. You don't need to be in Toronto.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp20102010 wrote:

Unfortunately I won't be able to head to a store today to activate, I gyess I have to wait for the Sim. As Im in northern ontario, I'm no where near Toronto.

But you can take advantage of the $25 referral credit which expires on Mar 18.

SD08

@jp20102010 wrote:

@jp20102010 

I've sent you a private message.  Please check your inbox (envelope icon) in the upper-right corner. 

jp20102010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Metal1967

@jp20102010 

As mentioned..25$ referal...then 2$ if you activate autopay...

chocobodavid

The promotion ends today, March 4, 2018.

If you have a Public Mobile SIM card on you, activate it before the end of the day to get in on this deal.

If you are still waiting for your SIM card to arrive, it may be too late and going to a retail location may serve you faster.

Public Mobile SIM cards can be purchased at Walmart, London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile Boutique and The Mobile Shop.  Check their link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Good luck.

Pizzaeh

@jp20102010 wrote:
Spoiler

Will this offer or a comparable offer Be available? I'm intrigued to try public mobile out and save some money. 

Nobody knows when the next offer will come around, or what it will consist of, but there will be other offers for sure.  It's just that this promotion happened to overlap with the $25 referral credit, making this promotion even better.  

You can receive a 25$ if you activate your sim online /home with someone who refers you...before the 18th March..

jp20102010
Spoiler

Will this offer or a comparable offer Be available? I'm intrigued to try public mobile out and save some money. 

No sorry @jp20102010 it will be too late at midnight today... you would need your sim number to open your account... or Perhaps you can buy a SIM card today and activate it ????

Metal1967

@jp20102010 wrote:

Hello, 

I was made aware of this promo yesterday and ordered my sim card yesterday, will I still qualify? I'm looming forward to keeping my number and moving to public mobile!

@jp20102010 

Promo ends soon..ordering the sim wont secure the offer ..must be registered within the stated time frame..

jp20102010

Hello, 

I was made aware of this promo yesterday and have ordered my sim card. Will I still qualify for the $ 10 off for 6 months ? I'm looming forward to keeping my number and moving to public mobile!

Pizzaeh

Hi @Beatrice_AG , I was relaying the info to @TBDay 

Thanks

Beatrice_AG
Customer Support Agent

Hi there Pizzaeh!

Thanks for reaching out! That's a great promotion you are talking about and it is TRUE!

As it is mentioned in your post, if you meet the requirements for the promo, the first credit of $10 will be applied on your account within 30 days. If you activated your $30 plan on Feb 26th, there is still time for your credit to be applied, so no worries!

If you have further questions and you would like us to have a look into your account, please contact one of the moderators in private for security reasons.

Have an awesome day!

Beatrice

Public Mobile Moderator Team

Pizzaeh

@TBDay wrote:

On Feb 26 I signed up for a $30/month plan that is auto renewing every 30 days. I thought I was going to get a reduction of $10 for the first 6 months....  I logged onto my account and only see the reduction of $2 for the autopay reward.  Has there been a mistake?

Everything is good...

From the promotion details:

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

Metal1967

@TBDay wrote:

On Feb 26 I signed up for a $30/month plan that is auto renewing every 30 days. I thought I was going to get a reduction of $10 for the first 6 months....  I logged onto my account and only see the reduction of $2 for the autopay reward.  Has there been a mistake?

@TBDay 

You will see the 10$ for months 2 -7

@TBDay wrote:

Credits are not the same as rewards.  $10 goes into balance in less than 30 days.

TBDay

Pizzaeh

@larsbar wrote:

You should include that it is for new customers only in the details pane of the offer.

The offer applies when you activate a line.  You don't necessarily have to be a new customer.  Makes sense to me. *shrugs*

@Vk1959 wrote:

I just ordered a sim and cannot set up account until it comes...how do i get my 10 off for signing by march 4 when i need a sim?

You don't actually need a sim card to activate, but you do need the number on a valid unused sim card.   Unfortunately, I do not believe that Public Mobile is able to provide you the sim card number that they mailed to you.  If you do managed to get service activated before you get a sim card physically in y our possession, please note that you would still be paying for the servcie while waiting for the sim card to arrive.

larsbar

You should include that it is for new customers only in the details pane of the offer.

Pizzaeh

@Vk1959 wrote:

I just ordered a sim and cannot set up account until it comes...how do i get my 10 off for signing by march 4 when i need a sim?

You need the SIM card#, so you'll have to wait until it arrives.   You could also buy one in store tomorrow. That's the safer bet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vk1959 wrote:

Unfortunately you can't.

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores yet. Some stores prefer you to activate with them too but just go in and ask for a replacement even if you're new.

Vk1959

@levi33 wrote:

How can I get this plain I actived my sim 1 week ago and went on the 10$ a month plain can I switch  to the 30$ a month plain with the 10 dollar discount please help. Time is running out thanks 

This promo is for new activations only.  So if you already have an account you won't be able to switch to this plan for the promo.  As you are new to PM not sure if you ported your number but you could always purchase a new sim and activate a new account and use a referral for $25 credit and that would more than offset any sim cost and get you the promo you are looking for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pizzaeh

@levi33 wrote:

How can I get this plain I actived my sim 1 week ago and went on the 10$ a month plain can I switch  to the 30$ a month plain with the 10 dollar discount please help. Time is running out thanks 

This is for new activations,  so switching plans won't give you the discount. 

However, if you're not tied to that phone number, you could activate a new line with a different email address.  Also requires purchase of a new sim card. 

If you are thinking of activating a new $30 line,  make sure you have a referral AND activate online at home - that will get you $25 referral credit; enough to offset the cost of the 1st account and sim. 

You can also get additional referral credits ($25 per referral) for that new account by referring your friends/family.  No limit to the number of referrals you can give out; this referral promotion ends March 18.

Good luck. 

levi33

Pizzaeh

@colinwang wrote:

333.pngso about this add ones (400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) - )incloud 400mins call china

Yes, as @ghelper said get the 400 min into long distance add-on to allow you to make calls to China.

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

popping

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@ghelper wrote:

@colinwang wrote:

do u know how to take a international call 。i have tried but the answer is my account dont have long-distance service

As it's a prepaid service, you need to add it on to your plan. It's 400 international minutes for $15 or 200 US and Canada minutes for $8. The minutes do not expire and carry forward if unused for the month. 

?

You don't need long distance add-on to "take" an international call.  Why did you think that?

Since the caller pays for the long distance charge, therefore, you do not need international minutes to receive a call from anywhere in the world.  But it will use your plan minutes as if a regular call from Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.