cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Open Letter to the Community

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

To my fellow community members,

Here I am freshly sprung from community jail.....a ban from the community as I have been accused of being xenophobic. As a result I will apologise to anyone from the community including @Tiana_V @Alan_K and @Oana_S who felt my comments to @agai11nst were xenophobic or racist in anyway. This was not my intent in any way shape or form. I constantly comment on the need for inclusiveness in the community and the diversity that stems from it. I was raised to believe in multiculturalism being the backbone of canadian society. My family actively helps sponsor and resettle refugee families in smaller communities in this country. To be accused of this was quite the shock but as i try to choose my words very carefully when i post i do recognize the mistake i made in my post.

After reading several posts by this member that were disparaging, insulting and generally nasty towards public mobile, it's customers, the community and its members and accused us of being in on the corporate greed of the big three and basically the entire canadian mobile provider industry. I felt the need to defend the community and public mobile. In my comment I suggested if @agai11nst was that unhappy with public mobiles prices they could switch to another canadian mobile provider. Since they had complained they were all the same I suggested.....this was my mistake.....they move to another country that have much cheaper mobile data rates......i don't know anything about this member so I was not suggesting anything other than an over the top suggestion on how to get a mobile data plan that would be cheap enough (since public mobiles plans were still to expensive) to satisfy this members needs. I chose the country with the cheapest mobile data rates in the world instead I probably should left above graph and let them choose from the list so as to be inclusive of all nations offering cheaper mobile data rates than Canada.

I understand that @agai11nst was upset and venting and after cooling down apologised the next day and that happens on the community a lot and we understand. I hope the community can understand that in defending public mobile my intent was misunderstood and I apologise for that. Going forward I will triple check my posts for any possibility that it may offend anyone for any reason because as we all know the community is inclusive and we must be as pc and pg as possible. I hope the community can understand my original intent and not see me as being xenophobic individual as that is far from who I am.

darlicious

13 REPLIES 13

@softech that data is from 2019 also.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Aw shucks! Thank you!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious We know PM made the right decision to bring you back.  You are not just any member here but you have done a lot for the Community.  Those extra work won't earn you extra rewards but just for the benefit of the Community.  We are all glad you are still here  🙂

I was looking at the chart. was it even correct?  First time I heard Canadians are paying less than our American friends for mobile data ...  really?  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst 

Wow... this thread is a blast from the past and the beginning of a tumultuous 6 months in the community for myself and a few others....and here I thought this all a distant memory. Lol..live and learn I guess.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

agai11nst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

True many many countries except the monopolic system we are forced to use have way better rates and fees for mobile use. Look at this; one big one buying another big one... guess who lose on this?! Customers/Users!!!

https://openmedia.org/article/item/your-voice-delivered-openmedias-latest-petition-to-stop-rogers-fr...

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I definitely missed some drama around here! So nice of you to clarify though

Also regarding the data prices in other countries... 😱

Well, that Does warrant a WoW!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector UK provider Smarty offers 1000 GB for £20. 😲

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

The chart shown says it is a survey of over 6000 cell plans in 200+ countries. I am assuming your figure for UK is one particular plan, not the average cost in UK. For that matter Canada isn't correct. We know we can get 8.5Gb for $48 or $6 Cdn not $12 US per the chart. And the big guys offered something like 20Gb for was it $75 at one point or maybe it was $95... Can't recall now. But, you get it, the chart isn't showing the lowest cost data but the average cost per Gb of data in each company.

AE_Collector

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious This letter speaks to your character and I can see my friend you do have good character. To come out and apologize and explain yourself take a lot of gumption and should not be taken lightly. I look forward to conversing and helping alongside you in the future. 

Have a great Monday! 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious, sorry to hear that you were sent to the "Go to Jail" corner. I do applaud you for taking the time and penning a sincere apology to everyone in the community, moderators and @agai11nst

I took a break from Public Mobile that day, so, I can't say my two cents here as much, and I choose not to go back in reading what everyone wrote.

But overall, I know for a fact that @darlicious isn't xenophobic or racist in any way. She has a kind heart and warming smile that brings smiles to your face and laughter to light the room. 

*Note: I was wondering why she was no longer number #2 in the bravo board?

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious Your UK data is incorrect; latest pricing is $0.41/GB!! 😮

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans  80GB for £20.

BTW: is this not more appropriately a Lounge topic?

Under the circumstances, it is fair for this to be in the front pages.  There is no willful intent to benefit "from the proceeds of crime" so to speak.  Forfeiture not required.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious Your UK data is incorrect; latest pricing is $0.41/GB!! 😮

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans  80GB for £20.

BTW: is this not more appropriately a Lounge topic?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.