cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to the $34 Canada-US Plan? Here is how to get a New Activations only plan. EDITED

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here is how to switch to the new $34 Canada US Plan with 50GB of data or really any New Activations Only Plans. Expect strikethroughs as the wording changes

Spoiler
 ⚠️ Caution ⚠️ - I don't recommend doing this since they do have a right to not hand over the plan, it sure is able to do, but not recommended doing. Proceed with caution through these steps as CS_Agent has a 50/50 chance of getting the plan! EDIT: The 50GB $34 plan is now open for all now!!!

1. Contact CS_Agent & be polite and not be forceful so they may fulfil your question. Here is the link to contact them: 

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Please ensure that you pay attention for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Some things to think about: You won't get Unlimited Data at reduced speeds, so if you run out of your data, you won't have data and therefore have to buy more data.

3. Do you have a plan that costs more than the price of the plan you are wanting to switch to? If you are paying more than the new activations plan says, there will be a higher chance of not getting the plan.

4. Don't be sad if you don't get the plan that you are wanting - CS_Agents have a right to refuse the switch for numerous things.

5. Port out & port back in - You will lose any rewards when you port out, so port out to another carrier (Ex: Lucky Mobile) & wait a day or two before porting your phone back into Public Mobile, you will be considered a new activation customer, so you will get the New Activations only plans. *Use this as a LAST RESORT OPTION*

6. Is my phone VoLTE compatible? To check, click this link: VoLTE supported phones list that works for Public Mobile.

If your phone doesn't show up, then it isn't VoLTE capable with PM, so you are better off not getting a Canada US Plan.

2 REPLIES 2

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow - Yes, I do, but the Quebec hack was more of a danger than this, the CS_Agent can deny you the plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fixin 

I know you want to share the tips, but since the plan is for new activation only and not really for existing customers, better not to make a post like that.  It can backfire.  

Also, there was another community member tried to share how to get Quebec plan with a hack, his account was then banned

Need Help? Let's chat.