cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not authorized credit card payment

George1932
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card was charged $45.20 on Mar.5 2023 using a credit card not authorized for payment. incorrect  normal payment amount

My normal pre authorized payment was completed with success Mar.9 2023 , normal payment amount using the correct credit card.

.Do not know who authorized payment of $45.20, or if  public mobile received the funds or if Public Mobile name was used and the funds redirected .

Where can I get an answer? 

16 REPLIES 16

George1932

Thank you for your reply.   Wife has no account nor phone. Her card showed a payment to an unknown web site, then the next day public mobile and 2 amazon payouts. The credit card company cancelled her card and will be doing a fraud edit. I didn't want to include the public mobile payout amount without knowing if Public mobile got the money,  I thank you for the advice re charge back.  My public mobile automatic renewal for my phone completed successfully on the correct day and the correct amount  2 days later from my card. Checking my payment history there is no record of the $45.20 on my account and to date I am unable to determine where the money went and why that amount.

I will be contacting the credit card fraud department to include the public mobile payout amount in addition to the other suspicious payouts in their investigation.    Don.

Is your wife with Public? If not then just get the bank to do a chargeback and stop the card. Obviously it has been compromised. The phone number shown on the transaction is just some internal number.

If she is, does she use that card to pay? If not then see above. If so then you need to be sure the bank only stops the one payment on the one day from here. If the bank stops the other proper charge from here then that will mess up the account and stop the service.

George1932

Thank you for helping 

No problem with the card in past.

I cannot find where the $45.20 is located. My credit card company says it was given to Public Mobile. I checked my account payments history and this amount is not listed as received. Credit card company gave me a phone number they have listed with this payment but no one answers, only automated for payments to upgrade the account.

The $45.20  payment was from an additional card in my wifes name but with a different set of numbers and pin from the card in my name that I use. My wife's card had other charges made that are being checked for fraud. I have not included the Public Mobile payment until I determine if Public Mobile did or did not receive the funds. I don't know how to determine this answer.  

@George1932 wrote:

Thanks , I checked my payment received list and  March 5 for $45,20 is not there so perhaps I should assume that Public Mobile did not request a payment  or receive a payment on that date. If that is true then my credit card used Public Mobile name .fraudulently. 

@George1932 - was there any issue with activating an account using this credit card at any point? 

Contact customer support (CSA) by methods provided above and tell the agents about this charge. It would be best to identify with Public Mobile what this charge is for prior to charging it back to your card company.

I say this because if your card charges it back to Public Mobile, and you happen to have any account connected to this credit card I would be afraid it would disable these Public Mobile accounts/phone numbers.

George1932

Thanks , I checked my payment received list and  March 5 for $45,20 is not there so perhaps I should assume that Public Mobile did not request a payment  or receive a payment on that date. If that is true then my credit card used Public Mobile name .fraudulently. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@George1932 - before reporting any fraud or charge backs with your card company, please do check your My Account(s) of which this card would be associated to, and see what is says under the Payment History:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

If the charge exists (without taxes of course, as Public doesn't list that in our My Accounts), then there is likely a reason for the charge.

George1932

Thank you  this card is in my wifes name and the credit card company is checking for other charges made with this card  fraud

One account and 1 phone

George1932

Thank you

George1932

credit card company checking other charges made on same day for fraud using this card

George1932

Unable to get any further information from my credit card company to determine if Public Mobile did receive the money or if another was using the name fraudulently.I had other charges made on the same card same day that the credit card company is checking for fraud.

George1932

Thank you I have sent a message to a CS Agent for response

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@George1932 

Did you login to your account and see what the charges are for?

This is the quickest and easiest way to find out.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

$40 + 13% tax = 45.20

If you are paying for another account, that account user probably replied YES to a Public mobile text message advertising the $40 for 15GB plan. This “YES” reply would authorize the plan change. It caused headaches for many users, I hope PM learned not to do it again lol.

That could explain the 45.20, but how it got charged to a card not registered with PM is a mystery. You'll have to contact CSA like the above replies suggested.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @George1932 

you only have one PM account and you are not paying for any other family member ??

I think you really need to have PM to check, it is weird PM made a charge on your other card not on PM system, maybe your card is compromised?

Submit ticket at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@George1932 Sounds like you'll need a CSA to weigh in.  They must have gotten the unauthorized card info from you at some point.  But if you contact the CSA I'm sure they can sort it out for you.

You can contact an agent using the chatbot.  Type "agent" and click contact us to go through the wizard.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If for some reason they don't respond to the ticket, you can try to send an email directly to the CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is a help article about how to contact the CS Agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@George1932 

ask those questions of your credit card issuer.

Need Help? Let's chat.