cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University of Ottawa campus - can no longer make a calls, texts or use data but can receive

GleeGeeSJP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since yesterday (Jan 21, 2022) I can no longer send texts, make phone calls, or use data on my phone.  I can receive phone calls and texts so my SIM card seems to be working.  My account is on auto pay and was paid up on the Jan 10 and the next billing date is Feb. 9.  There doesn't seem to be anything odd on my account which would indicate a problem.  Help!

6 REPLIES 6

this is an old post.  

But Telus has been working with U of Ottawa for 5G connectivity.  

https://www2.uottawa.ca/about-us/media/news/uottawa-and-telus-partner-fuel-connectivity-innovation-a...

Maybe it is no more an issue now?

Oleta_Doan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A very strange decision of the administration. This can significantly worsen the learning environment. I remember from my college years that we also did not use the internet on campus because some sites and applications did not work properly and the traffic was slow. We also went to internet cafes to do our homework faster and used https://samploon.com/free-essays/describe-yourself/ to speed up the process even more. It was just hell because it is completely inconvenient. I thought that at least now things are different, but no. It's sad. Students should be able to study in the cabbage, not run around looking for better internet. We should pay more attention to the learning environment. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GleeGeeSJP 

After trying all of the suggestions above and if you were able to test your sim card in another phone with the same result then your sim card may need reprovisioning. Contact customer support and explain the issue and all of the troubleshooting you have done. Then ask for the CSA to reset your account and reprovision your sim card and hopefully this fixes the problem. There is a tiny chance your sim card is failing and you will need to replace it. If that is the case arrange with the CSA to credit your account the cost of the new sim card once you submit the reciept.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GleeGeeSJP 

Other basic troubleshooting advice:

Network reset of phone.

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Try to manually select 3G network (instead of LTE or auto)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Really strange... Did you try your SIM in another phone? Does it behaves similarly at different locations than UofO?

It will not hurt if you remove your SIM, lightly clean contacts and reinsert it. Rebooting your phone might provide remedy, too.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GleeGeeSJP 

Two basic steps would be to try restarting your phone, and then putting your SIM in another phone if possible.

Need Help? Let's chat.