cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling with Public

Wendy07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I plan to travel outside Canada and want to check roaming and internation call. Can someone help me how to register roaming? Can i use my add on international call when i am outside Canada? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

2023-05-24 22_46_45-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Wendy07 - where in the world outside of Canada? IF USA, you can call  # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device and purchase USA Roaming addons from there.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you are going outside the US overseas, I'd recommend a VOIP app like Fongo or TextNow that has free calling back to Canada using any WiFI service.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Wendy07 wrote:

I plan to travel outside Canada and want to check roaming and internation call. Can someone help me how to register roaming? Can i use my add on international call when i am outside Canada? Thank you

@Wendy07 , roaming is available in US only by purchasing a US Roaming add-on or the Canada-US Plan.

No, The Canadian add-on for international long distance minutes will only work in Canada to call those locations listed.

Edit: Oh my goodness I am such a slow typer & thinker! 🤣

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wendy07  Roaming in the US is the only option if your going over seas consider a local pre paid SIM card in your destination 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Wendy07 

you can only use roaming in US

if you want, go to My Account, Buy Add-ons and you can buy either Text/Talk US roaming or Bundle for Text/Talk/Data

Sorry, no where else you can use roaming other than US.  if you go anywhere else, use local data sim or travel eSIM and use VoIP app TextNow to make calls

Need Help? Let's chat.