cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text forwarding to my US number

BigTree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a snowbird currently in Arizona for the winter. My PM account is still active in Canada but don't (can't) use my Canadian phone in the US although I have it with me. Is there any way to forward text messages to my US number? Amazon 2 step verification has locked me out of my account because the verification code gets sent to my Canadian number.

51 REPLIES 51

@softech @BigTree 

My point being is the A5 works with pm. So with the pm sim card in it it should still recieve incoming SMS from pm. voLTE is for voice calls nothing to do with texting. Perhaps @Anonymous or @Nezgar want to weigh in on this issue.

BigTree

Does not work. The link just takes my to the login ID screen, then the Password screen, then the Captcha (equivalent), screen then the link to customer support. Done it multiple times.

@darlicious   I think OP said there is a carrier lock in US and hence it won't work with a PM SIM

BigTree

It does not do VoLTE (Voice over LTE) which is now a requirement of all the networks. I did get a US Mobile SIM card which uses the T-Mobile network and spent 1-1/2 hours with tech support and it would not work.

All 3 carriers have a place on their websites where you can enter your IMEI number and my A5 fails every time.

@BigTree wrote:

That option does not work here in the US. It just takes you to the regular login page then does the 2 step verification thing and sends a text. Also leads to the option to call customer support. I have tried this multiple times. I cant find a way to do the upload of identity document from the US on a Canadian Amazon account.

I just tried with my VPN to US and I don't have any issue using the link I provided you.  It never route me back to Amazon US site.. are you really using the URL with .ca?

https://www.amazon.ca/a/recover/upload

Amazon let you to login to different country-specific sites without much trouble at all

@BigTree 

I don't understand why your A5 will not connect with your pm sim card to the available at&t and T-Mobile network to even access 611. Are you absolutely sure of this?

Samsung SM-A520F Galaxy A5 2017 TD-LTE Compatibility on AT&T (United States) Mobile Network - FrequencyCheck

Samsung SM-A520F Galaxy A5 2017 TD-LTE is compatible with 7 out of 8 bands on AT&T (United States).

BigTree

That option does not work here in the US. It just takes you to the regular login page then does the 2 step verification thing and sends a text. Also leads to the option to call customer support. I have tried this multiple times. I cant find a way to do the upload of identity document from the US on a Canadian Amazon account.

BigTree

It is a phone locked to AT&T. This isn't Canada where all phones are unlocked or can be. AT&T  will only unlock the phone after 6 months of continual service.

@BigTree wrote:

Since I am already in the US I don't see how that would work. I was hoping PM would just simply allow texts sent to my home phone be forwarded to my US phone.

@BigTree , this won't happen. .. PM won't help forward .. text forwarding is not even a feature on the network side..

did you check the link I sent you about working with Amazon ?  basically:

1. Go here.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to upload your identity document. Make sure that your name and address, and the issuing authority (e.g., province or country) are visible. Cover, conceal, or remove sensitive information such as account numbers or identification numbers.

The verification process can take 1-2 days to complete. We'll email you to confirm once Two-Step Verification has been disabled. You'll then be able to access your account with only your password.

BigTree

Yes. I have talked to the support people at AT&T, Verizona and T-Mobile and they all confirm my phone (Samsung Galaxy A5) will not work on their networks. It does however work just fine on PM/Telus.

@BigTree 

Yes but unless the phone you are currently using with your US service is locked you should be able to put your pm sim card in it and connect to At&t or T-Mobile and recieve incoming pm SMS texts. Or you could borrow an unlocked phone and do the same with your pm sim card.

BigTree

No....it an AT&T phone.

BigTree

My phone is here with me in Arizona and will not connect to any US carrier because it is not compatible (4 years old). It will not receive sms messages.

@BigTree 

Is your prepaid phone unlocked? Put your pm sim card in that phone to see if you can recieve SMS texts. Again have a friend send you a test text to see if that works.

BigTree

It dosen't help unfortunately. After 3 attempts with Amazon all resulting in them asking questions about my previous purchasing history which I can't remember they will not unlock my account. I was able to answer the questions about credit card info, contact details etc but that wasn't enough.

@BigTree 

You can still recieve incoming texts to your pm phone number while in the US without a roaming add on. Did you recieve the text from 4911 about the holiday gifts? You can also reply to texts from pm's shortcodes texts like 4911 and 611. Have a friend send you a test text to see if you can recieve it.

In order for third party apps for SMS forwarding to work your sim card would have to be in an active phone in Canada. You can also try changing 2FA to be sent by voice call. You can then access the verification codes by calling your pm phone number from another number and pressing "*" when your voicemail picks up. Then enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voicemail services.

BigTree

Since I am already in the US I don't see how that would work. I was hoping PM would just simply allow texts sent to my home phone be forwarded to my US phone.

BigTree

My Canadian phone is 4 years old an cannot connect to any US carrier. I have bought a cheap prepaid phone and am using that. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

i@BigTree   people reported that you can still receive text without any roaming package while you are in US... did you try connecting to both AT&T and T-Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.