cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make /receive calls or text, no data

Allygir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over to public mobile today and it has been almost 8 hours and I still do not have data and cannot text, make or receive phone calls. I also cannot log into my account as I receive an error that says ‘Forbidden AI’. When I try to log into the app, it simply refreshes the log in page. When I dial *611 it states my account is temporarily suspended. I cannot submit a ticket because I cannot log in. I am stuck. There is no contact number to call either. Any suggestions? My phone cellular service states Public Mobile. I have tried powering down my phone and restarting to no avail. 

12 REPLIES 12

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Allygir 

You need to tell the agent that if they refuse to try provisioning your Sim card to your account then you want them to escalate your case and have their supervisor or a manager take over your support request immediately otherwise you will file a CCTS  complaint. ( This will either get their superior to reply or an "automated response" of a manager contacting you within 72 hours).

If provisioning does not fix the issue then it is possible you have a defective Sim card (though this is rare). If so have them agree to reimburse you for the cost of purchasing a new one. They can change the Sim card for you in your account.

Good Luck!

Allygir

Thanks. I will tell them. I’m not hopeful considering they are dead set on their decision that the number didn’t transfer over fully. I have an iPhone 13. 

@Allygir 

tell them even the number is not ported, you should still be able to make outgoing calls and text and data should work.  The outgoing parts and data have nothing to do with porting.  They fact that you cannot make outgoing calls and data does not work indicate the sim and account not provisioned (or of course it could also be a device problem, but what phone you have ?)

Allygir

Thanks. They do not agree and are telling me “The phone number is not completely transferred to Public Mobile. At this point, I can only still try to save you time” 

I confirmed twice with my previous carrier that the number was successfully transferred, I replied “YES” to the authorization text and received confirmation via text that the transfer was successfully processed and then my previous carrier cancelled by plan with them. I’m nots sure what to even do at this point since the agent is dead set on determining that the number wasn’t fully transferred. And I did pick up a new physical card and that did not work either as far as data, text, calls. 

@Allygir 

Ok, that is just sim/account provisioning problem (so, your number is safe 🙂 )

did support agent said they will reprovision your sim card?  or message them and remind them to do so

another thing you can do is ask them to let you pickup a new sim card (assuming you have physical sim) from stores and they reimburse you the cost

Allygir

Right, I cannot make or receive calls, can’t text. No data. My phone shows LTE/5G for the public mobile network but I can’t do anything listed above. 

@Allygir 

your title is "Unable to make /receive calls or text, no data"

just want to make sure, can you at least make outgoing calls and text? and data work?  if you cannot, it is not a porting problem, but a sim/account provisioning issue.  

Allygir

No solution. It’s been two days dealing with one single agent and hours upon hours of trying to figure this out. It’s beyond frustrating. I would like to call someone but it’s not possible with public Mobile. Public mobile is telling me the number wasn’t fully transferred, but my previous carrier is saying it was. So I am stuck and will likely lose my phone number. 

AstriaAki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am encountering the same issue as you. Wonder if you eventually got it solved. And how stable has your service been, if solved. At this point, I am just hoping I have mobile network access tomorrow and switch out of Public asap... it's just not acceptable to actively seek for help for hours and not having a single live agent to sort out a cord and basic function that a company is selling. I am beyond disappointed.

Allygir

Yes I replied immediately when I received the text from my past carrier. And then received a confirmation email that they received approval to transfer the number to another carrier. I’ve sent cs_agent a message but still have not heard back. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Allygir 

Did you reply to the text from your old carrier with YES confirming you are porting over to PM? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply to the text.

If you missed to the text, you need to contact a CS_Agent to have your old carrier resend the confirmation.

If you did reply then try putting the SIM into another phone and see if that works.

If not then it is a provisional issue with the SIM then submit a ticket by clicking on the Chat bubble or dm an agent by tapping on your avatar then Messages.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Allygir 

Your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right to submit a ticket to customers support or send a detailed private message using the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.