cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

KarenG24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

i just bought my son an iPhone 15 and the SIM card does not fit that he had for his old phone 

Do I have to buy a new kind of public SIM card?

Karen

12 REPLIES 12

@KarenG24 

maybe a picture with the sim card and the sim tray?

also, make sure you didn't put it upside down.  It sounds obvious, but it did happen to some before 🙂

@KarenG24   It should be a nano sim for both phones, why do you think it doesn't fit?  You wouldn't be looking at an SD card by chance?

S9 plus

@KarenG24  Most of the Samsung Galaxy's are apparently nano sim, same as the iPhone 15.  That should fit the new phone.  Some Galaxy's have micro sim, can be you more specific as to which Samsung Galaxy?

galaxy Samsung 

@KarenG24  The current sim card would have to be very very old not to fit the new phone, you should just need to remove the outer spacers to make it fit.  What is the current iPhone?

thanks again

but I have to buy a new SIM card the one in his phone now is the regular one

I will enquire tomorrow at store

Karen

@KarenG24   You can just take the sim card out of the old phone and put it in the new one, it will transfer his phone number to the new phone.  There is a way to transfer everything else from iPhone to iPhone but I don't think it will work if the old phone is not operational.  It may be possible to do it through iTunes.  Perhaps someone else here knows, otherwise you have Apple support included with the new phone so they should be able to help.

Thanks for your response 

yes has a SIM card slot

i have another question I hope you don’t mine me asking 

my son broke his old phone so I do need to buy a new SIM card because I bought a regular one before just realized after all the helpful responses 

But he can not get into public on his phone 

How can a new SIM card transfer all his information to new phone??

Sorry I am not smart with this stuff and not sure what I need to do

Thank you

Karen

@KarenG24  This is a Canadian iPhone 15 right?  The American version is esim only, but just clarifying that what you got actually has a sim slot.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KarenG24 should be 3-in-1 like this, meaning you can remove the outer frame to make it smaller (nano size)

E-SIM_Tricut

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The new PM SIM card should be adjustable, you can remove the outer layers to the make it smaller to fit in the iPhone. If you have a non-adjustable SIM you may need to get a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.