cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn’t work

Charlie629
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered with Public about 6 hours ago and haven’t been able to use data. I can’t send text messages outside of wifi. Do I just have to be patient with their number transfer? Or is this an issue I should look further in to?

5 REPLIES 5

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Charlie629 

Nice one. Are you using a Public Mobile e-sim or physical Sim card?

Normally self-solutions are frowned upon but you figured it out on your own it seems so you should be OK with that otherwise you can leave it unsolved and let an oracle come along and award the solution. If it's to you they will leave an explanation why it's a self solution.

Charlie629

I figured it out, thanks for the help though. Turns out I had to remove my old SIM card full, in order for my phone to accept Public Mobile as my main provider. I’m sure this isn’t the first time people have had this issue. 

Charlie629

I figured it out, thanks for the help though. Turns out I had to remove my old SIM card full, in order for my phone to accept Public Mobile as my main provider. I’m sure this isn’t the first time people have had this issue. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Charlie629  It sounds like you need to contact customer support.  Use this link to send them a direct message and watch for a reply from an agent at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Charlie629 

Do you have an iPhone? Connect to iTunes to update your carrier profile. Just follow the prompts.

Edit: Did you also request porting of your phone #? Did you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it? If not you can request porting again via the telus porting department. We can send the phone # to your private messages if need be.

Need Help? Let's chat.